Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

BBQ chicken pizza has 2 common issues.  First:  the sauce generally is WAY too sweet in my book.  Second...no one spices the chicken meat.  I bake chicken for shredding, then use it for enchiladas and grilled sandwiches.  The enchiladas can still use a bit of spice...but the sandwiches *need* it since I don't generally use a sauce.  

2 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

Also, they use breast meat as opposed to thigh meat -- which dries out faster when cooking on a pizza.

Good point.  There's a reason why fattier meats are more common on pizzas, typically.  I do use breast meat because it shreds easier...but I also pour the oil used in baking in along with the meat as it goes into the blender.  Besides...the oil has some rendered chicken fat, plus any of the salt or seasoning (ground chiles, maybe garlic and herbs) that came off.  

I also frequently just toss boned/skinned chicken with some olive oil, soy sauce, and spices (no salt needed, the soy does that), let it sit, pop into the oven...but that's thigh pieces.  

I'm a little surprised that we don't see chile-based sauces offered for pizza very often.  

OK, so...National Snack Food Day is Sunday.  Biggest day of the year for TV advertisers, second largest overall food consumption day (after Thanksgiving) but WAYYY more junk food.  

So who's got plans?  I made up my mind today, actually...gonna get a pork shoulder, fire up the pressure cooker, and indulge in pulled pork...maybe as enchiladas, maybe as sandwiches, maybe both...sandwich for lunch, enchis for dinner.  For a kick...got maybe a cup and a half of my oriental squeeze sauce...Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, bit of olive oil, heavy dash of sesame oil.  Should dress a sandwich quite nicely.

I thought I would make my "famous" Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole--

1 Jar (16 oz.) Ragu Double Cheddar Cheese Sauce
4 Cups Quick-Cooking Rice
2 Packages (6 oz,) Real Bacon Bits
5 Lbs. Ground Beef

Prepare the rice separately according to instructions on package.  When done stir in cheese sauce and bacon bits; mix thoroughly.  Cook ground beef loosely in skillet; when done, cheese and rice may be served on top of the ground beef, or mixed in together.  Serves four really hungry people.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:38 AM, wcw43921 said:

I thought I would make my "famous" Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole--

1 Jar (16 oz.) Ragu Double Cheddar Cheese Sauce
4 Cups Quick-Cooking Rice
2 Packages (6 oz,) Real Bacon Bits
5 Lbs. Ground Beef

Prepare the rice separately according to instructions on package.  When done stir in cheese sauce and bacon bits; mix thoroughly.  Cook ground beef loosely in skillet; when done, cheese and rice may be served on top of the ground beef, or mixed in together.  Serves four really hungry people.

Should we assume that you drain the fat off of the ground beef after cooking?