Poison's Champions Art Thread

Poison

Re: Poison's Champions Art Thread

That's a delightful piece, Poison; playful and mischievous, the lighter side of Black Cat. And that panther-oid feline in the background is wonderful.

Personally, I still can't get over how *elegant* your pencil work is! [shakes head in wonder] I love those defining lines and borders.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a delightful piece, Poison; playful and mischievous, the lighter side of Black Cat. And that panther-oid feline in the background is wonderful.

Personally, I still can't get over how *elegant* your pencil work is! [shakes head in wonder] I love those defining lines and borders.

Yeah - the playful look was something I wanted - she has a pretty strong sense of humor and fun, and all of the other artwork I had was posing or action, so I wanted something a little lighter.

I love the catfaces on the legs. That was just cool. And feline background was wonderful.

Good to hear! I know you didn't ask for a background, but this was very simple, and took me less than 5 mins to do. It is not something that I would normally charge for. ;)

Some people just want a white background (so they can crop them and put them in character sheets and the like), so I hope you didn't mind. I thought the whole aura and lighting needed a shadow to add a little depth. I also took liberties in designing her super symbol, I hope everyone likes the design... :o

Just so you know I didn't slack off on the coloring ;) , here is a zoomed in view of her eye. You can see individual hairs drawn. This was colored at 600DPI, it is fully printable.

Black-Cat-zoomedin.jpg

I love it. The background works, and I love your take on her costume. As for cropping and character sheet stuff, I use the pictureless output on my character sheet, and have all of the art I've had done for her in little page protectors in the folder I keep her charsheet in. The charsheet is 5 pages, and her pool stuff is 4. Not a problem to put another sheet in the binder. :)

Part of the reasons I only a basic "These things should be here" when I get a commission is that I like to see what nifty stuff artitst come up with. I have yet to be disappointed, I've liked all the variations I've seen.

Nice job. He's so suave that the hair looks a little wild to me, but maybe that's how it is when he's fighting instead of schmoosing. The trident looks good, but a little large. Of course I realize that I have a horrible eye when it comes to perspective, so it’s probably fine.

Over all, it looks great. As always, your attention to detail simply amazes me.

Nice job. He's so suave that the hair looks a little wild to me' date=' but maybe that's how it is when he's fighting instead of schmoosing.[/quote']

Dude don't you know? His Secret ID = Fabio... :D

Seriously tho. I based it off of the character picture he posted which has a long mane of hair. You know I "generally" draw what people ask for...

;)

Wasn't meant to be a criticism, just a comment on how I had pictured him. Has he always had a picture posted? I didn't think he did when I read his character sheet, but then, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Anyway, like I said before, good job as always.:thumbup:

Well since some people want to see the pencils, here is my latest commission's pencils.

I will be coloring this one. This is for Lord Mhoram, and is his "Blackcat". You can see other versions of "Blackcat" in his thread here as well as the character sheet for this character: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47542

So, Lord Mhoram told me to take artistic control over her costume adhering to some very minor things. SO I WENT CRAZY!!!! If you like the pencils let Lord Mhoram know so he doesn't kill me!!! :eek:

Black-Cat-Pencils.jpg

Very nice!