What would your sidekick be named?

薔薇語

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What would your sidekick be named?

Well, the Infamous Dr. Infamous has the supersonic telepathic mechanical penguins with laser eyes, and the Bacandforthtrian, so he's set.

The Mallard, masked crime-fighter and master of the mystic arts of Uzbekistan, has too dangerous a life to subject anyone else to it. That, and he's grim, obsessed, and rather a bore.

Basil wishes for a sidekick named Sweet Cicely (assuming the name fits, of course. :winkgrin:)

Dr. Infamous, the Bacandforthtrian, The Mallard, and the supersonic telepathic mechanical penguins with laser eyes are just some of the fine products of Basil's Twisted Imagination, Unincorporated. All riots preformated. Sweet Cicely, unfortunately, doesn't seem to exist.

An honest-to-goodness kid sidekick' date=' like from the silver age? None of my PCs would encourage anything so irresponsible; they all would draw the line at a follower who was under the age of majority, or at least around their own age if they themselves were still underage.[/quote']

I kinda have to take umbrage with this. I don't like the whole "think of the CHILLLDREN" argument. My in game child has wings, the psychic ability to control fire, phasing and inhuman speed and endurance. She's allready a target (she's RELATED to me) it was too late at conception to 'protect her' or 'keep her out of harms way'.

for names: at 6-11 she was Minime (yes, she liked that character)

12+ she The Unknown'.

i would have a chance with keeping a Billy (from the incredibles) type character away until he grows out of it. My own kid with the powerset listed above? Not a chance (unless I confined her to an alternate dimension and then wouldn't that be more abusive than the so called 'child endangerment'?).

Besides have you Seen how dangerous school is? (re: Sky High, PS 238 etc...).

I'll take my chances homeschooling her!!! thankyouverymuch

It's a very different matter if you're talking about your own children, as opposed to someone else's children. None of my PCs mentioned above have children of their own, so if they had child sidekicks they would be taking someone else's kids into the line of fire. I don't think it's at all a stretch to call that irresponsible. If said kid is powered and has to deal with powered threats, it's up to the kid ahd his/her parents to decide what to do about that. Adding my PC's hunteds to the list is NOT going to help, nor are any of my PCs inclined to be part time nannies for powered children.

I kinda have to take umbrage with this. I don't like the whole "think of the CHILLLDREN" argument. My in game child has wings, the psychic ability to control fire, phasing and inhuman speed and endurance. She's allready a target (she's RELATED to me) it was too late at conception to 'protect her' or 'keep her out of harms way'.

for names: at 6-11 she was Minime (yes, she liked that character)

12+ she The Unknown'.

i would have a chance with keeping a Billy (from the incredibles) type character away until he grows out of it. My own kid with the powerset listed above? Not a chance (unless I confined her to an alternate dimension and then wouldn't that be more abusive than the so called 'child endangerment'?).

Besides have you Seen how dangerous school is? (re: Sky High, PS 238 etc...).

I'll take my chances homeschooling her!!! thankyouverymuch

And why do sidekicks have to be kids?

I know Bats and all, but what was Watson? What about Tonto? Kato? The list goes on,

My last character did pick up a sidekick/love interest in play. She was an adult sidekick, it makes sense...

I know Bats and all, but what was Watson? What about Tonto? Kato? The list goes on,

My last character did pick up a sidekick/love interest in play. She was an adult sidekick, it makes sense...

kato was the hero the green hornet ws HIS sidekick

I think most PCs would rather have a partner than a sidekick. Certainly mine would.