TV to rpg

quozaxx

Re: TV to rpg

Anyway' date=' Jenna was in Season 2 (although she sadly had less and less to do), and did appear briefly in Season 3 for a cameo, which established that she was picked up by the same "hospital" ship as Servalan. In the final episode, Blake said she died taking out half a squadron of gunships, but there's a lot of things Blake said that turned out not to be true.[/quote']

If you had not mentioned this I would have.

The Avengers would work well whether you have Dr David Keel, Cathy Gale (played by Honor Blackman), Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) or Tara King (Lind Thorson). But Steed is only ever Patrick Macnee.

The New Avengers had Gambit and Purdey (Joanna Lumley).

The Champions is a good idea and I am not surprised it is the Brits and Commonwealth who put this up. (Haven is Brit by desecent).

The Persuaders is fun if you have not seen it.

But then there is The Saint which is more of a one man band effort. Whether you go for Roger Moore or Ian Ogilvy is entirely your option.

I liked the first season of the Tomorrow People. Again this would work.

And I am glad that someone mentioned The X-Files before I had to.

Although it has been mentioned just briefly The Man From Uncle is another one that would work.

Coincidentaly David McCallum was in Sapphire and Steel.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an RPG based on the Millennium TV series?

(Don't hit me! :()

:slap:

Just Kidding. I watched that show a bit.

How about Paranormal State. Group of kids from college dealing with poltergeists and demons. That could be fun... especially in a Horror Hero setting.

Hello, I'm Korvar, and I'm an Internet pedant...

Anyway, Jenna was in Season 2 (although she sadly had less and less to do), and did appear briefly in Season 3 for a cameo....

Bless you, Korvar, my son, and may you be forgiven your pedantic ways...heh, no, pedantry's actually not a bug, it's a feature -- as I should know .

Anyway, how are you numbering your seasons of Blake's 7? When B7 aired in New Zealand, "Season One" was Episodes 1-26, and Jenna (as played by Sally Knyvette) appeared in all of them.

And never thereafter.

As a matter of fact, I think the character's brief appearance on the organ-legging medical ship later in the series featured someone else playing Jenna; in any case, Knyvette wasn't credited.

(By the bye, Season Two in NZ was Episodes 27-39, and Season Three - the last season - Episodes 40-52)

I

LOVE

THAT

SERIES

!

!

!

Suggested by Haven (an excellent idea!)' date=' I present The (Original) Champions....[/quote']

PICTURE OMITTED

Dr. Dee, that's fantastic! Thanks so VERY much!

I love the lurking face of (questionable) authority in the background, brooding over them, all in shades of grey...and the brightly sepia-tinted images in the foreground. The Champions themselves look so luminous and clear, so capable and untouched by the increasingly murky issues and ugly politics to come.

The trio look very much like a group united, singled out -- almost spotlighted -- amid the grey all around them. I love that look, like 1960s angels or paladins, heroes of a bygone era.

And the ominous face in the background reminds me very much of the episode called...was it Interrogation?

(And by the bye, was The Champions ever broadcast in colour? Back then, my family only had a black and white television, so I don't know.)

Just off the top of my head how about the following;

THE MAGICIAN[the cartoon and the original Starring Bill Bixby [http://en,wikipeda.org/wiki/themagician]

CHARMED:witch/enchantress roleplay anyone?

GREATEST AMERICAN HERO:Add one or three supersuits

LAND OF THE GIANTS:Minaturized humans in a enlarged Earth[Adrenilen city]

MEN IN BLACK the series:Alien hunting any one?

GIGANTOR: Mecha fun with the original "Spaceage Robot"

The MASTER: NINJAS,kung fu and Tae Kwando Oh my!:cool:

CADILACS&DINOSAURS :The comic XENOZOIC TALES converted to comic form

Just out of curiosity did it use Hero System.

No, it is not Hero System. I don't what the gaming company that made Serenity, Stargate, Farscape, or Babylon 5.

I just saw the books in the gaming store (which is what prompted the question in the first place).

No, it is not Hero System. I don't what the gaming company that made Serenity, Stargate, Farscape, or Babylon 5.

I just saw the books in the gaming store (which is what prompted the question in the first place).

Farscape & Stargate were put out by AEG/Alderac and they used the d20 system. :thumbdown

Suggested by Haven (an excellent idea!)' date=' I present The (Original) Champions;[/quote']

Gorgeous work.

A couple of things which always struck me as odd with The Champions was that the actor's names worked for the characters so much better than the characters did.

Always thought Alexandra Bastedo, Stuart Damon and Richard Gaunt would've been better than Sharron MacReady, Craig Stirling and Richard Barrett.

Also, Anthony Nicholls as Tremayne was a dead ringer for the Doom Patrol's 'Chief'.

Also, Alexandra Bastedo was crazy hot.

PICTURE OMITTED

Dr. Dee, that's fantastic! Thanks so VERY much!

I love the lurking face of (questionable) authority in the background, brooding over them, all in shades of grey...and the brightly sepia-tinted images in the foreground. The Champions themselves look so luminous and clear, so capable and untouched by the increasingly murky issues and ugly politics to come.

The trio look very much like a group united, singled out -- almost spotlighted -- amid the grey all around them. I love that look, like 1960s angels or paladins, heroes of a bygone era.

And the ominous face in the background reminds me very much of the episode called...was it Interrogation?

(And by the bye, was The Champions ever broadcast in colour? Back then, my family only had a black and white television, so I don't know.)

You're very welcome - was a lot of fun to do! I think that The Champions was a colour production, but my memories if it are in black and white too.

How about Kolchak: The Night Stalker? ( http://Kolchak: The Night Stalker )

i read about the champions series on wikipedia once acording to them the episode you refer to as titled interrigation

back on topic would an idream of jeannie campaign work?

Oh, if you're gonna go there...

I Dream of Jeannie/Bewitched crossover campaign. Genies vs. witches, with mortal men caught in the middle!

How about Kolchak: The Night Stalker? ( http://Kolchak: The Night Stalker )

I loved that show. That is I do if we are talking the original show and not the short lived new attempt. I have the TV series and the 'movies' they made. IMO it is still better than some of the stuff we see now.

I really dig the idea of a Tomorrow People campaign. Maybe with a Dark Champions bent, and conspiracies within conspiracies. Along with the cheesy scifi, natch.

Jaunt!

I never saw the Tomorow People. I wish I could find it somewhere..

Anyway, how are you numbering your seasons of Blake's 7? When B7 aired in New Zealand, "Season One" was Episodes 1-26, and Jenna (as played by Sally Knyvette) appeared in all of them.

Each season was originally 13 episodes:

1: 1-13

2: 14-26

3: 27-39

4: 40-52

Looks like you got the first two seasons munged into one.

Another request / suggestion from Haven, Blake's 7.

Very much a work in progress. Layout's not set and there's some very shoddy work on the Liberator, but not bad for an afternoon.

PICTURE OMITTED

Gasp!

Um...er...well..."shoddy" isn't precisely the word that occurred to me -- but I'll take your word for it. ;-)

Shows I'd like to see transferred to RPGs:

Shaka Zulu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaka_Zulu_(TV_series)

Water Margin (German Title: Die Rebellen vom Liang Shan Po)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Margin

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Rebellen_vom_Liang_Shan_Po

(couldn't find an English article, sorry)

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Margin-David-Chiang/dp/B000I2J6VY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1244845766&sr=8-2