Need help with this superheroine

Starlord

Madwoman? Sorry, just read the Madman/Superman crossover...

Hmmm....Blood Bolt? Amp? Blasty Lady? Shocky Lady? Dynamitrix? Red Jolt? Red Resistor? Crimson Capacitor? Ohm My God She's Going to Shock Me?

Tough to come up with non-taken names!

Maybe she's an alien and can just go by her given name?

Amperia, Voltara, Suzy?

Some baby names: Aamnat (Chechen), Accalia (Latin, foster mother of Romulous and Remus), uh, more names here:

http://www.babycenter.com/babyname/results.jhtml?_DARGS=%2Fbabyname%2Findex.jhtml

Some are odd enough to sound comic-book alien.

The combination of "Red" and "female" makes me think of "Rose" :

- Lightning Rose

- Storm Rose

- Thunder Rose

- Battle Rose

- Crimson Glory ( a variety of rose)

Red/blood brings the idea of :

- Valkyria

Red Light ( make her the protector of Amsterdam and give her the first name Roxane)

For lightning gods :

Lady Chango (voodoo god of thunder, his color is red; maybe need to make her a jamaican)

Lady Susano

I like the red lightning. It definitely looks keen, though does smack of Madman.

I'm also fond of the Crimson Storm name, but it sounds like the St. John's "Red Storm" team. She could be their mascot! (j/k)

As for powers/origin what popped in my head was someone kinda like Zora from the Powers comic, in that she has this stern and super-confident air about her, and seems like she has had the powers for most of her life. kinda boring, I suppose.

It kinda looks like she's holding the bolt. Maybe she can create things with it almost like the Green Lantern, but with lightning stuff instead. I'm not sure she could create stuff like cars or whatever the GL can, but walls/stairs/lighting spears... something...

Wow I'm articulate...

....scarlet thunderbolt?

....crimson thunderbolt?

....watt woman?

....lady lightning?

....lady blitzkrieg

....thunderclap?

....lightningstrike?

....scarlet blitzkrieg?

....blood fury?

....scarlet dynamo?

....reddy kilowatt?!?!?!?!:D

her powers come from alien artifacts, which either were bequiethed to her ( like "nova") or she adapted to give her super power (ALA "the mandarin")

Originally posted by Rage

Red Lightning WhiteSuit Lady with Glowing Red Hand WOMAN!

what to bulky?

Hmm...maybe:

Red Lightning White Suit Lady with Glowing Red Hand Woman who Fights Crime and Strives for Justice but Has a Bad Temper so Don't Cross Her or She Will Zap You Oh so Bad and That Would Hurt so Instead Be Good and Don't Be a Criminal or You Will Get Yours Buster!

Yeah, that's more workable. :D

The name is ever a problem...

well, i see that other have reported so many name... (i like Crimson Fury or better Crimson Lightning or like :)

no kidding, i've made a PC who is a young girl, a "mutant" i think, who has electricity that run in their vien; and i called her BlueLight cause lightning is blu, so RedLight or CrimsonLight may be acceptable for your heroine :)

For power, i suggest a med-powerful energy blast (a lighnting bolt), maybe with variable special effect (electricity and fire)

some suggest an absorption, and i too think that an absorption stun/body to power (to boost an "electricity discharge" hand attack) is a good solution; another solution is the reversal, absorption energy damage to stun/body

If you like, flying riding a lightning o swinging using a "red lightining rope" may be an idea but i don't' like much; teleport may be a good solution (she transform istantanely in red light, the move at lightspeed, and then re-transform in herself :))

Or a desolidification (transofrm in a pure electrical energy form)

The PC i've mentioned early, has a damage field, linked to an energy field (that energy field has a side effect who do 1d6 killing to enyone and enything in a 1" radius, she excluded but included every friend and even every object she has, or every dress she wear...

If you want more "red" than "light" you can build some drain or trasnfer stun/body (drain blood) or an aid stun/body or heal (she convert energy to blood, then can transfer energy to other people)

And don't' forget Flash :)

btw, if you can also check Conquerors, Killers and Crooks, here are a few NPC that use energy and energy form

I hope my post was helpful

(a question: where have you found this pictures? i'm searching for pictures for superheroes...)

Originally posted by Dr Divago

(a question: where have you found this pictures? i'm searching for pictures for superheroes...)

I didn't find the picture, I create all my character pics myself. You can find about 30 of mine over on the Superhero Images thread. Although I do have about 1500 images taken from the web, or scanned out of about 50 different HERO books. I have some really old-time HERO pics on my hard drive.

*Thanks for the help everybody. I'm at a cross between Crimson Fury and Crimson Storm right now.

Originally posted by Supreme Serpent

Dr. Divagao, look for "heromachine" online. I think it was at "www.heromachine.com" . Program that has some templates and you choose lots of possible add-ons like hairstyles, outfits, weapons and such. Very cool.

http://www.heromachine.com/ is unavailble, but you can also find a version on UGO.com.

Originally posted by Starlord

*Thanks for the help everybody. I'm at a cross between Crimson Fury and Crimson Storm right now.

Cool, as for origins/backgrounds... a couple of ideas come to mind.

1) A pilot who ended up gaining her powers trying to get her plane down during a freak storm.

2) an "exchange" hero from Russia, on an UNTIL program. She was once the kid side kick of a Soviet super hero "Red Lightning". Now she has to deal with the biases of many Americans, and her own.

3) A young geologist who was studying Mount Olympia discovered some odd teutonic shifts. By accident, and much to her disbelief, she discovered the Titans were trying to break free below. Figuring if one part of the legend were true, the other must be also... she nearly died climbing to the top of the mountain to warn the Olympians. Zeus rewarded her with lightning of her own, but had Hephastus make her bolts red, so she never forget who is the TRUE lightning flinger.

Originally posted by Supreme SerpentDr. Divagao, look for "heromachine" online. I think it was at "www.heromachine.com" . Program that has some templates and you choose lots of possible add-ons like hairstyles, outfits, weapons and such. Very cool.

Originally posted by Celt

http://www.heromachine.com/ is unavailble, but you can also find a version on UGO.com.

Thank you very much!

But: a question:

is possible to download entire Heromachine program?