11 Victoria's Secret models hit the catwalk as superheroines

Greywind

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 11 Victoria's Secret models hit the catwalk as superheroines

The funny thing is' date=' despite the fact that these women—including [i']Transformers: Dark of the Moon[/i] starlet Rosie Huntington-Whiteley—are, in many cases, cavorting around in their unmentionables, they're wearing about as much clothing as your average comic book heroine.

And often more.

Decided to Spoiler this because it contains, well, a spoiler, for NuSuperboy.

SB-03-19.jpg

Looking at them here...

1. An interesting look, which would work as an energy field effect, but not as a cape.

2. Could be made to work if you fill in the blanks a bit. The sandal strap bit has potential.

3. Evil sorceress.

4. The most authentically superheroic of them all. Persumably her invulnerability would compensate for the heels.

5. Miranda Kerr. Maybe an ice powers thing.

6. No, although butterfly/moth wings can work. Ankle wings are interesting.

7. Number 4 again, and why not...

8. Fill in the front, change the bra to red, and you've got a good Angel type character.

9. Miranda Kerr again. It doesn't work, but there are interesting touches.

10. No.

11. A bit more black (particularly the boots) and she's an evil counterpart to number 8.

12. Not a superheroine. Kind of nice though.

13. That works. Maybe lightning powers?

14. Definite potential. Probably an energy field rather than wings.

15. Whatever.

16. No comment.

17. Yeah.

The funny thing is' date=' despite the fact that these women—including [i']Transformers: Dark of the Moon[/i] starlet Rosie Huntington-Whiteley—are, in many cases, cavorting around in their unmentionables, they're wearing about as much clothing as your average comic book heroine.

http://blastr.com/2011/11/11-victorias-secret-model.php

Is it weird that I don't find any of these women even slightly sexy? Beautiful yes. Sexy? Not so much.

And often more.

Decided to Spoiler this because it contains, well, a spoiler, for NuSuperboy.

SB-03-19.jpg

Who is SHE?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that so far we've been unable to view what everyone's talking about....Victoria must be keeping it Secret from us

Who is SHE?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that so far we've been unable to view what everyone's talking about....Victoria must be keeping it Secret from us

It seems she's

Comicbook cheesecake superstar Fairchild of Gen13 fame!

212795-111551-fairchild.jpg

212827-169947-fairchild.jpg

Is it weird that I don't find any of these women even slightly sexy? Beautiful yes. Sexy? Not so much.

I always get that when seeing women in "Designer" clothes. I guess it is that there are simply so unpraktical and fragile, you can't breath to hard.

Nobody could look confident/atractive in that.

Just 3 comments - We probably all looked at the Marvel Swimsuit Issue too. Just mainstream hooking up with the geek market.

This is the reason there are thousands of young men around the world looking at anima and animated pin-ups in their parents' basement and not going out to be with real women with real bodies. They better all have the adamantium skeletons since they are so thin they would break under almost any pressure or stress. I like women who look like women versus tall thin boys with long hair. Can someone feed these girls? No hips, no breasts, NOT real women.

This is why there are so many eating disorders in young boys and girls. Nice lines but not sexy in any way.

This is the reason there are thousands of young men around the world looking at anima and animated pin-ups in their parents' basement and not going out to be with real women with real bodies.

The reason for that is real women wouldn't give them the time of day.

http://blastr.com/2011/11/11-victorias-secret-model.php

I once tried to write a speech for someone living in a comic book universe explaining that while merchandising plays a role in how superheroines dress, (in that universe posters and the like are a big part of many superheroes ability to support themselves), costumes also usually have to be something that can be concealed under civilian clothing so for example having a costume with pants would preclude wearing dresses and skirts. The speech ended with "The reason our costumes look like underwear is because it actually is our underwear."

Found it:

I quickly pulled the dress over my head and stripped off my mask and gloves to shove them in my handbag. A lot of people "wonder" out loud why costumes for women show so much more skin than the average guy in the game, and I won't deny it, merchandising images does play a role. Everyone's got bills to pay and licensing one poster can earn a popular cape as much as ten of these jobs will make me. Women on my side of the fence get more slack from men on a jury with a sexy image as well.

But there's another reason. The more of me my costume covers, the harder it is to cover my costume with my civvies. If my costume had pants, then I couldn't wear a dress or a skirt. Simply put, the reason our costumes often look like underwear, is because it is our underwear.

Can someone feed these girls? No hips' date=' no breasts, NOT real women.[/quote']

They are "real women". They're just selected from a small section of the population - tall and skinny.

FWIW, at least one of those models gave birth in January. Real enough for you?

All the stuff about eating disorders and unrealistic representation of women's bodies and so on are true, but it's not the fault of these women. They are what they are. The worst that can be said about them is that they enable the "fashion" industry (and the media, and...) to do what they do - but you might as well start mouthing off about people who enlist in the armed forces enabling imperialism to do what it does.

And here isn't the place for that.

There is a legitimate role for this thread, and that's to share ideas about costumes in a genre in which ridiculous costumes are an integral part.

Some of the costumes these models are wearing could be adapted into costumes for characters in our games. That is what we should be focussing on here, in my opinion.