In other news...

tkdguy

Well, to say the CIA torture report (Well, the summary we got) made me want to vomit was putting it mildly...

I could go on for hours about how disgusted I am by our torturing people, but I think McCain (Who I don't always agree with) had a lovely speech about THAT

However, this article on the FBI and CIA rivalry involved caught my interest

From the outset, some FBI agents and senior officials were appalled by the CIA’s use of waterboarding, forced nudity, wall slamming and other brutal tactics revealed in stunning detail in the Senate report.  “I swear to God. I’m going to arrest these guys!” Ali Soufan, then one of the FBI’s lead agents on al-Qaida, shouted to his boss at FBI headquarters over a secure telephone, after he discovered the agency’s plans to shove Zubaydah into a coffin-like “confinement box” at a “black site” prison in Thailand.

I'm sorry, were CIA agents off limits to Jihadists before this?

Of course: they were the jihadi's best recruiters, for a while. But now that the US is dropping secret torture prisons, incarceration without trial and kidnapping as official policy, the CIA doesn't have so much support to offer to the terrorists, so it's only natural that their affection for the CIA will cool.

Cheers, Mark