In other news...

tkdguy

The Japanese should turn it into a sport.

Pig Wars! would feature teams going into the the wild and harvesting the boars, which they collect and bring back to the filming lot. There, the two teams use a pair of catapults mounted in built-up plywood-and-styrofoam ramparts, lobbing dead pigs at each other in order to disable the oppositions' catapults and gain the victory! High-speed footage of 200 pound loads of ripe pork slamming into plywood castles! Catapult captains frantically trying to load the next bacon blockbuster before enemy fire takes them out!

Actual battle footage interspersed with team hunters out in the swamps with .50 caliber machine guns looking for catapult ammo!

Jeeez. I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

The Japanese should turn it into a sport.

Pig Wars! would feature teams going into the the wild and harvesting the boars, which they collect and bring back to the filming lot. There, the two teams use a pair of catapults mounted in built-up plywood-and-styrofoam ramparts, lobbing dead pigs at each other in order to disable the oppositions' catapults and gain the victory! High-speed footage of 200 pound loads of ripe pork slamming into plywood castles! Catapult captains frantically trying to load the next bacon blockbuster before enemy fire takes them out!

Actual battle footage interspersed with team hunters out in the swamps with .50 caliber machine guns looking for catapult ammo!

Jeeez. I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

I dunno, sounds like a waste of good bacon to me.

My son told me of two stories in the Journal today.

The first a man in Georgia decided to blow up his lawnmower. He loaded it with a fuel. He walked off thirty feet and shut the mower with a rifle. The mower blew up and a piece cut off the guy's leg.

The second was a woman in Florida was trying to keep her pet alligator. The local ordinance says the gator needs twenty one acres i think he said, but she didn't have the land. She filed a protest saying the gator had never left her basement and was sensitive to light, needing sunblock.

CES 

The first one, the guy was using like 3 pounds of tannerite, an explosive. I posted a video of the moron over in CTRL+V.

Edit: Here it is. Guy narrowly missed winning his Darwin award. Definite nomination, though:

Edit 2: Although I called the guy a moron (he is), I'm not unsympathetic about the leg loss. That really sucks.

Cats and dogs live together in millions of households in the United States alone, so the end times have been upon us for decades. In a way, the end times have always been upon us -- the climactic battle just keeps getting delayed again and again.

I am in favor of indefinitely postponing the end of the world.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says Lucius Alexander is just the world's greatest procrastinator