Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literacy is less important to a generation that enthusiastically reduces all of their deepest thoughts to what can fit into 140 characters, and that has come to believe that anything that can't fit into an easily-typed hashtag, it isn't worth knowing or talking about.

#NotTrue

How I learned to love Twitter by Margaret Attwood 

Edit:  10 authors who excel on the internet & 24 times J.K. Rowling was a total badass on Twitter

Literacy is less important to a generation that enthusiastically reduces all of their deepest thoughts to what can fit into 140 characters, and that has come to believe that anything that can't fit into an easily-typed hashtag, it isn't worth knowing or talking about.

Sadly true in too many cases.  There have been studies that show younger people are less capable of interacting personally with people as well because they are so unused to face-to-face conversations and picking up or even delivering facial clues and expressions to demonstrate meaning.

#IfYouSaySo :D

You see? By reducing communication to a barely decipherable tag, there is no actual exchange of ideas.

I essentially said: "Group A is becoming semi-literate through their enthusiastic use of excessively limited communication methods."

The statement: "Completely unrelated, highly-literate Group B can, with sufficient effort and determination, communicate effectively with these same excessively limited communication methods," while true, does not refute my assertion. In fact, it doesn't even address it.

Wow, this thread mutation is X-Men-level. (Yes, I'm aware I contributed to it.) :hush:  I shall make a transparent and unapologetic attempt to drag it back on topic.

I've heard and read a number of raves from critics/reviewers who have seen the concept art for the Dr. Strange movie, particularly the "sizzle reel" Marvel put together for Comic Con. Reportedly the studio is really pushing the envelope for visuals, particularly of other dimensions. That together with a so-far-announced stellar cast has me really excited. (I freely admit Strange has always been one of my favorite comic-book characters, and the unique visuals of his milieu are no small part of that.)

Dr Strange is going to take some pretty amazing visuals and writing to make it work.  I love the character but I'm concerned they don't get magic or the idea.  With Iron Man 3, they started being more concerned about making a great film instead of a great comic book film, and have been rewarded for it.

• 4 weeks later...
Old news I meant to post a while ago.

‘Captain America: Civil War': Sebastian Stan Talks Winter Soldier, Returns Fire at Zack Snyder

Matt Damon: I dreamed of playing Daredevil, but it’s not likely I’d play a superhero 

Marvel Studios: how long is left on everyone’s contracts?

MARVEL TEASES SECRETS OF ‘CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR’ WITH NEW FOOTAGE

Thor 3 May Have Found Its Director, Get The Details

Old news to more recent news

7 Shocking Twists You Could See In The Next Marvel Movies

Tom Hiddleston Explains Why He Was Cut from ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’

8 Great Characters Marvel Needs To Develop Through One-Shots

Why Guardians Of The Galaxy References Adam Warlock And What It Means

An Avengers-Guardians Crossover Event? Dave Bautista Said This

How Michael Rooker Is Trying To Convince James Gunn To Make A Yondu Movie

Most recent news

4 Major Changes Marvel Just Made To Its Phase 3 Plans And Beyond

Marvel Phase 4 Movies Dated, Black Panther and Captain Marvel On The Move