Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess when the character's history goes back twenty-five years before that. The majority of villains identified with Spidey's "rogues gallery" debuted during the first decade of his title: Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, Sandman, the Lizard, Mysterio, the Scorpion, Electro, the Vulture, the Rhino... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

THIS for sure - and he wasn't in the Classic Cartoon either!

Even in 1988 when Venom debuted, his style foreshadowed the "Iron Age" of comics, which lots of longer-term fans view as "post-classic." (Personally I despise the character, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.)

His original Secret Wars "new spidey costume" was at least somewhat entertaining. In particular, when Secret Wars #7 (IIRC), with its "In the Chaos, a Costume" blurb, and the new black costume, was sitting in this week's new books right beside Spidey's own title "At Last - The Return of the Original Costume!' Yeah, that new costume was well received...

"Classic", I think, depends a lot on when you started reading.

Ronda Rousey Wants To Play Ms. Marvel

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/11/ronda-rousey-wants-to-play-ms-marvel/

Always looking for that next level, Rousey has revealed that she would love to play the Marvel Comics character Miss Marvel in a movie. When a Reddit user asked Rousey which superhero she’d love to play, Rousey responded “A lot of the good ones have been taken, but I’d like to vie for Miss Marvel!”

I have zero interest in seeing Cap 3 but there is a lot being established in it that could be very nice for later.  It looks very much like they are going to use Cap 3 to basically explode the size and scope of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

At present its pretty small: Daredevil, Avengers.  Everything basically centers around Iron Man, with very few exceptions.  By adding in other characters such as Spidey, Black Panther, etc they are showing that there's a lot more out there than previously depicted.