Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always imagined MJ as being more plain than that woman. Indeed, I never expected her to go beyond "girl next door" status. I think the focus on the super sexy MJ is a bit off and it would turn me off of the character.

Soar.

But MJ is also a model.

If you look at most models, they can look rather plain without all the hair and makeup that turns them glamorous. MJ could easily be a naturally pretty girl next door type but when given over into the hands of an expert, can transform into one of the most gorgeous models on the planet.

I'm sorry but I never found Kirsten Dunst remotely attractive, and felt her casting was weak at best.

But then I also hated the idea of Peter being in high school, considering he graduated back in ASM # 28. All those years showing him as a student, he was a College student, not High School. So what do I know?

I'm sorry but I never found Kirsten Dunst remotely attractive, and felt her casting was weak at best.

But then I also hated the idea of Peter being in high school, considering he graduated back in ASM # 28. All those years showing him as a student, he was a College student, not High School. So what do I know?

Which is why in the Raimi version of Spiderman, they graduate 20 minutes into the film.

...still not watching another rebooted Spider-Man.

Not a huge Spidey fan, but my though from Civil War is that this may be the most accurate "other media" portrayal of Spiderman from Amazing Fantasy #15 ever. How many villains (and heros and NPC bystanders) have asked "Don't you EVER shut up?"

I agree with Jeff T.

Something that writers and directors today must learn first, though, is that snark and sarcasm != sense of humor. I like the fact that Holland's take on Spidey's sense of humor seems to come from a youthful exhuberance, not some snotty, emo attitude that is supposed to connect with today's youth somehow.

I want them to get someone like Redford (who appeared in Winter Soldier) to direct a Black Widow movie like he did Spy Game. I would love to see Clint in it also, but even without him, would be good.

I guess what I am saying is someone to do a spy movie, not an action movie. Maybe a Bourne #1 level or even the more recent Bond's.

I want them to get someone like Redford (who appeared in Winter Soldier) to direct a Black Widow movie like he did Spy Game. I would love to see Clint in it also, but even without him, would be good.

I guess what I am saying is someone to do a spy movie, not an action movie. Maybe a Bourne #1 level or even the more recent Bond's.

At the core it should be a spy movie, but with heavy action element because kts Black Widow and its still a part of the MCU and should feel like it.

The Russo Brothers Endorse Anna Kendrick for Squirrel Girl, Plead the Fifth on Captain Marvel in 'Infinity War'

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-russo-brothers-endorse-anna-kendrick-for-squirrel-girl-plead-the-fifth-on-captain-marvel-in-infinity-war-164829403.html

Earlier this year, the filmmaking duo revealed that they had “a board with 67 characters on it” that would be narrowed down to form the lineup of Infinity War, the first of two upcoming Avengers clashes with the supervillain Thanos. (The still-untitled follow-up is scheduled for 2019.)

Asked if they’d narrowed the board down yet from that ambitious number, the Russo Bros. had more jokes. “Yeah, it’s down to 66,” Joe said. “Remember Dr. Fine, [the S.H.I.E.L.D. surgeon] from Winter Soldier? He’s off the board. Wanted too much money.”

Too bad for the actor who played Dr. Fine… Joe Russo.

Gwen Stacy was the girl next door. MJ was the hot chick with a modeling career.

This. Tho in the comics he didn't meet Gwen until college, and she was introduced as a former beauty queen. But conceptually I agree.

I thought Dunst did fine in Spidey 1, but I think she would've been better as Gwen than as MJ. I'm still half-convinced that when they originally cast her they had intended her to play Gwen and then kill her off; but then the studio balked at the idea of killing her, and someone insisted they had to use MJ because that's who he's with in the comics. (Or was before they %$@&^ that up.)

I would like to see a Black Widow espionage film.

I still don't get Marvel's reasoning on this. Johanssen is the top grossing female actress in the world playing a hugely popular character, and a Black Widow spy movie wouldn't even need the huge CGI budget of most Marvel movies. It should've been a license to print money. [shakes head] What a missed opportunity.