Supers Image game

phoenix240

Beatdown

Charli Madison had been a fighter all her life. Trained by her ex-boxer father Chuck "Mad Dog" Madison at the age of 10 she excelled at the sweet science. She dominated as an amateur and was well on her way in the pros when a serious eye injury forced her into early retirement from the ring. During her fighting days she had been exposed to Detroit's criminal world and would eventually become an enforcer and debt collector for The Commission. The Commission was a new organization set to try and take over in Detroit and replace the gangs and the last vestiges of the Mob. To this end they wanted to boost Charli to the next level. She acquired super strength and reflexes through drug enhancements provided by the criminal chemist The Fix. The Commission also had some armor boots and gauntlets made to provide protection and more offensive capability. Lastly her hi-tech shades protect her injured eye and compensate for her blindspot. Her work with the Commission as Beatdown has brought her into conflict with hero team the Motor City 6 and the reformed alien invader turned bouncer named Brawl.

• 6 months later...

Guys, I really, _really_ miss this thread.  :(

So maybe we can get _something_ rolling, as an alternative to listen to the phlegmy voices of smoking relatives and well-wishers this season?

Let's try a really easy one, maybe?

I say easy because there's a lot to choose from, and it's really genric, to boot!  Go nuts!  Pick one; pick them all!  Go serious; go funny-- just get to it!

:D

vector-cartoon-superheroes-pose-vector-i

I'll pick up the gauntlet.  From left to right--

Crimson Colossus--The red suit Gerald Krugman wears draws upon cosmic energy to allow him to increase his height up to and including 500 feet tall, with strength proportionate to his size.  How Krugman came to possess the suit, and who originally created it has yet to be revealed.

Slenderman--The heroic version of that entity, he has come to track down and destroy the evil version that resides in our reality.  The heroic version is much more human than our evil version, but just as capable of appearing or disappearing wherever he wants to go.

Dynamic Man--Speedster with the strength of twenty men, Harold Harmon is one of the most experienced of heroes, having served the cause of justice for most of his life.  He has had four junior partners during the course of his long and storied career, one of whom went on to be the heroic Star Wing--and another, unfortunately, became the villainous Rage-Maker.

Solarman--Attempting to recreate the process that created the World War II super-soldier Höllenfeuer (Hellfire), DARPA scientist Andrew Cale managed to endow himself with powers beyond the original.  Capable of supersonic flight, generating blasts of tremendous heat, and making himself an immaterial being, Solarman uses his newfound powers to oppose and defeat the enemies of the United States and help those who need it most, wherever they may be.  

My turn for the gauntlet. Left to right:

Red Vector: A powerful power suit. He gets his name because his armor is red, and the triangle on his chest looks like a 'v". It is capable of your standard power suit stuff, none of them involving vectors.

Shadow Slash: Skinny black suited professional assassin who wields two purple energy blades from his fists. The suit has some stealth technology built in it.

Voidspector: Voidspector was once a galactic police officer who went rogue when his spaceship crash landed on our moon. He can phase through objects and shoot various odd beams from his wrists, and can survive in space (probably thanks to his uniform).

The Yelliw Orb: A space alien criminal once chased by Voidspector and is now stranded on the planet. His outfit stores a glowing yellow energy ball which he can pull out and use for various effects. He has decided to become a superhero after Voidspector turned into a villain. Mostly because his heart wasn't exactly into villainy. 

The Quantum Quad

A group of heroes associated with super science adventurer Dr. Curie Quantum.

Left to right:

Quantron: An android whose synthetic body is capable of shape-shifting, super strength, energy manipulation and high speed flight. It was compromised by the nanobot collective the Cyber Swarm and ended up destroying itself to save it's teammates. Doc Quantum is rumored to have a back up prototype somewhere in storage.

Dusk Dragon: Susan Nakano is a skilled martial artist who was trained by her mother, the superhero Sun Dragon. Her skills are further augmented by her energy blades and a stealth suit provided by Doc Quantum. She is forever at odds with her half brother Tomohiro aka the Dawn Dragon who betrayed his family and killed her father in combat.

Monsieur Minuit: The Parisian playboy by day vigilante by night whose whirlwind romance with Doc Quantum resulted in a short-lived marriage. They divorced amicably and he continues to carry a torch for her ever since. Recently he was finally able to end the reign of terror of his nemesis Meurtre Mime with the aid of his teammates. 

Quanturbo: Tom "Top Flight" Ferguson was Doc Quantum's driver and test pilot. During a test of an experimental vehicle using a prototype hyperdrive an accident occurred. Ferguson's body ended up absorbing massive amounts of energy that supercharged him. He was now capable of running at super speeds. Doc Quantum designed a containment suit to help regulate the energy flow and protect him from the elements and rigors of high speed travel. One of his claims to fame is besting the alien prince Vash Vygier The Sularian Sprinter in a race that covered multiple planets and dimensions which saved the Earth from a full scale invasion by the Sularian Empire.

They are Hot and Cold !

From left to right

Heat of the Matter

This is one of two members of the team who have greater than normal strength. He radiates heat which he can use to knock people out. He is not a fast talker and so keeps his mouth shut when those with the gift of the gab start talking. Consequently he is not that easy to draw into a confession or into making a mistake.

Zero Degree

The only woman of the group she can freeze things to a point where they can easily shatter. This makes her potentially the most dangerous member of the group. She wields two blades as she has been trained in martial arts and employs her power only if needed.

Cold Spell

He makes out that he uses magic to generate a number of cold effects. It just focuses his power more and if it ain't broke don't fix it. He and the next member switch leadership roles.

Heatmaster

He can make things hot. So he can melt metal or blow out lock mechanisms or disrupt electrical circuits. He is the one most people think is the leader. He cannot start a fire with his powers he has to get something else to catch fire which can then be used as a diversion.

Okay, I'm going to call it.

I am being completely honest when I tell you that it was difficult, simply because everyone had something that I really, _really_ liked.

In the end, I think Steriaca is the winner, if only because of the delightful absurdity and simultaneous threat of "The Yellow Orb."  I mean-- it was wonderful.  

Believe me, though-- everyone had something I wanted to reward.  The idea of a suit that grants the power of Growth hearkened back to a player in the 80s who had a power armor character-- with Growth, bought IIF: the armor grew.  It was just odd enough, you know?  :lol:  And the name Crimson Colossus!  Absolutely _classic_ name for a super character.

Quackhell's entire group had a bit of background, and you guys know that stuff just sells a character to me.

Even Tribble-- well, I think it says something that I liked his team and their schticks.  I mean-- have you _ever_ seen me participate in _any_ of the "make a theme team" threads?  Of course not.  Do you know why?  I _hate_ theme teams; I hate almost everything about them.  But Tribble managed to create people who actually seemed like they wouldn't get along at all, and there was appeal in that, too-- shades of Season 1 Farscape, perhaps.  ;)

So I have spent half a day mulling it over, re-reading it from time to time, and at the end of the idea, The Yellow Orb wins.

Well done, _everyone_.  Pat yourselves on the back.  Pretend it's a stranger and secure your wallets.  

You're up, Steriaca!

11 hours ago, steriaca said:

Thank you Duke. I'm glad The Yellow Orb did something. 

Now, tell me...who is she?

Note: she needs not be a hero or villain.

Screenshot_20211208_070821.jpg

No one really knows anything about her.  What is known is that when super powered individuals appear,  so does she.  She always seems to be among the first on the scene,  often before the supers themselves appear.  How she does this is not known. She seldom takes part in those activities,  only stays on the sidelines, but will always be present for them.

16 hours ago, steriaca said:

Screenshot_20211208_070821.jpg

Sailor Waifu

She fights crime but appears to be in her teens. It takes her a long time to get ready so sometimes crime comes to her.

But you guessed it, it's a guy in disguise. Mike Nicholls is an over-obsessed Sailor Moon fan and wanted to emulate his heroine. Only he goes too far.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Sailor Waifu

She fights crime but appears to be in her teens. It takes her a long time to get ready so sometimes crime comes to her.

But you guessed it, it's a guy in disguise. Mike Nicholls is an over-obsessed Sailor Moon fan and wanted to emulate his heroine. Only he goes too far.

You stole my idea.  (shakes fist in impotent rage)

It's time to pick a winner. Death Tribble gets it by default. Asperion was kinda what I was looking for, but he forgotten to put down important details, like a name, an occupation, etc...

As for the artwork, it is of my Sailor Moon OC Kouko Furuhata, also known as Sailor Huya (named after the Transnuptanian Dwarf Planet in our solar system of the name Huya). She is the daughter of my other OC Sailor Titan and was born and grew up in Crystal Tokyo. 

The artwork is done by Haruka Kou Crystal  from Sailor Moon Amino and paid for with Amino Coins.

4 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Ok, so who is this ?

commish_459_by_rhardo-d8k7j0i.png

After famously playing Johnny Lawrence in the Karate Kid, actor William Zabka was forever cast as the heel. At the same time, Zabka took up learning martial arts, earning an advanced belt in Tang Soo Do, on top of his already impressive wrestling skills. He knew that the world would never accept him as a hero, but wanted to do good in the world. Unable to come up with a way to reform his reputation, Zabka donned an update Halloween costume and took to the streets to play the part Hollywood would never give him: The hero. 

http://i.imgur.com/zF36GGQ.jpg

Included for reference. 

It is none other than Barney Reginald Northcutt, a vigilante that operates under the nom de guerre 'The Duke'.  His reclusive wealthy parents were murdered by their butler after they caught him sexually abusing young Barney, and he kept the boy prisoner for years afterwards while he squandered most of the family fortune. His only company and education was the large library of movies and he spent thousands of hours watching them and took to copying the mannerisms of John Wayne, including his distinctive walk and way of talking.  One day he found a single exercise video amongst the movies, and looked at his pale weak body, and thirteen year old Barney began working out, running in place, lifting anything he could find, jumping over and over while hiding his progress by wearing his fathers old clothes which were too big.  Just before he turned 17 the butler walked in one day, spotted the extremely muscular young man, and tried to flee.  In an instant, Barney was upon him and killed him.  Searching his home, he found the skeletons of his parents and four boys, all murdered around the same age, held together by wire in a macabre scene in the dining room.  In the master bedroom he found one frightened boy still alive, and after he helped him find his home Barney took up the mantle of the Duke, adopting Sherriff Woody's famous empty holster (after fitting it with a secret compartment which actually holds a gun) and creating a uniform designed to cause fear in the hearts of child predators.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 12:30 PM, death tribble said:

Ok, so who is this ?

Nevermore

Aiden Asher was a stage actor in London who found himself continuely losing the top parts to rival actor Raymond Perch. Jealously and frustration gave way to murderous intent and one evening he plied Perch with wine until he was very drunk. He then brought him to an abandoned tenement and sealed him behind a wall to die taking inspiration from Edgar Allen Poe's Cask of Amontillado. The horrible act filled Asher with a dark satisfaction and he became a killer for hire. He specializes in tormenting his targets and filling them with dread before finally ending their lives always using the motif of Gothic horror and giallo in his methods of murder.

On 1/8/2022 at 12:30 PM, death tribble said:

Ok, so who is this ?

First, _phenomenal_ image!  I have to know who did this art; I absolutely _love_ it!

Now, to the game!

Tico Valiente was a thug.  Abrupt-- even blunt, but that was the extent of Tico.  He had no dreams and no ambitions and decided that the easiest way to get what he wanted was theft, dealing, and occasionally hiring himself out as a goon.  When he turned 16, he formally quit the high school he hadn't been attending and went to work in the factory with his father and older brother.  The job wasn't anything that interested him, but it filled the hours in between his nights on the street hustling, and meant he could still live under his parents' roof.  One thing he _could_ say about the job, though: the hard labor put a considerable amount of muscle on him.  Although he wasn't an exceptionally large man, at six-foot two, he towered over his parents and siblings.

It wasn't too long after quitting highschool that Tico began running with the gang.  He wasn't sure how it happened, but so long as he was still free to take whatever he wanted, when he wanted it, he was fine having to fight a bunch of other guys simply because they were on the wrong street.  It wasn't like Tico had actual dreams or anything.  He just went along with whatever the gang decided they were doing.  In fact, none of it really seemed to bother Tico at all-- not until the gang turned on him.

"Punishment," they had called it.  It seemed Tico had been holding out.  What Tico was taking, what Tico was making in sales, whatever Tico stole-- he wasn't giving the gang "their share."  It was only when he was called to the home of the leader-- Javier-- that Tico began to understand.  

Javier didn't live in the neighborhood.  Javier lived nearby, in an affluent subdivision.  Javier had money.  Something clicked in Tico: that money came from the gang.  Every dollar that a gang member "earned" was split fifty-fifty with "the gang," through the care of Javier.  Tico knew how much money he made, and he figured that some of the others-- the more clever, long-range planners and those guys with runners of their own-- they were probably making a lot more.  But no one was making the kind of money Tico saw brazenly displayed in this house and in the garage.  For the first time in his life, Tico had a dream....

The beating was brutal-- it was an "example," and likely was meant to be fatal.  It would have been, if it hadn't been for the freak.  The freak was the last thing Tico remembered clearly.  He had been struck hard over the head from behind and had awakened tied to a wooden chair and gagged.  The room was large and well-lit.  There was a wall of mirrors along one wall with a rail running the length of it, set at about hip height.  He had multiple views of three large and incongruously well-dressed men surrounding him just before the beating started.  As the pain exceeded his ability to remain conscious, the men relented.  One of them reached into his suit coat and retrieved a silenced automatic pistol.  Tico's head rolled back, and he noticed the ceiling, too-- at least the half of the ceiling along the mirrored wall-- was covered in mirrors.  He saw the man with the gun reach out and grab a handful of Tico's hair.  Just before he jerked Tico's face up to the muzzle of the gun, Tico saw the freak.  

There were three large men in the mirror, too. They were all well-dressed, and one of them had a gun.  They were standing around a wooden chair, and for a moment, Tico thought that there was a mirrored version of himself in that chair.  But no.  It wasn't Tico.  It was a freak.  He was naked, like Tico, but his skin wasn't honey-colored, and it didn't become a darker coffee color at the arms.  It was white-- almost luminous.  The limbs were muscular, like Tico's, but the muscles....  the freak was nothing but muscle.  There was no sign of fat or softness; the figure he saw could have been craft whole from a thousand lengths of steel cable painted luminously white.  Tico couldn't really describe what he saw-- it was hard to focus, and he was too busy savoring the relief that the beating had stopped, and had almost looked forward to the kiss of the gun that was now staring at him.  That face, though-- it was as if there was no skin on the face.  The skin here, too, was luminous, and like the body, there was absolutely no hint of anything that wasn't muscle or tendon.  The skin here was draw so tight as to look like nothing so much as it looked like a skull.  They eyes-- black and empty the skin sank into the sockets of the skull, and from deep under the brow, two piercing blue lights blazed a stern and determined gaze.  As Tico was snatched forward, the blue lights blazed red.

All three men stood still, as if they were mannequins modeling the high end suits they wore.  The two on either side whimpered like terrified puppies while the one grabbing his head screamed.  Fascinated, Tico watched as the arm that disappeared from view over his own head..... changed.  It began to crystalize, traces of frost crept toward the shoulder; ice formed on the creased fabric of the jacket.  The man screamed again.  Tico snatched his head back, hoping to see in the mirror what his attacker saw-- no doubt he, too, had seen the freak, but unlike Tico, he hadn't been looking forward to dying.

Tico stared in the mirror, fascinated.  He saw the freak staring back at him; he saw a hand and forearm falling behind the freak, and watched as it hit the floor behind the freak and shattered.  The smash and crack of the shattering ice startled him and he looked back to the man in front of him.  He was working his mouth soundlessly, like a goldfish contemplating its fate.  he cradled the stump of his arm-- now removed just above the elbow, the gun in his other hand completely forgotten. Why was there no blood?  Why was the flesh black?  Life returned to Tico, and he was again scared-- terrified even more than when he had awakened surrounded by his torturers.  The freak had done that, and Tico hadn't even seen him.  He had to get away!  He had to escape the freak!  He leapt to his feet, forgetting his fetters, and heard the chair splinter to pieces as he did so.  The other two men-- one on each side of him-- were blubbering like frightened toddlers.  Tico moved to push one away, and as he put his arms forward, he saw how lean, muscular, and luminously white they were.  He would worry about that later-- right now, he had to escape; he had to get away from the freak before he, too, fell victim to it.  As he pushed the man away, he heard him scream, and saw the ice and frost form across his chest where he had been touched.   He turned away, confident the freak was somehow there with him, he grabbed the other man, hoping to shove him aside, and watched in fascination and horror as he, too, began to freeze.  

Understanding began to creep into his mind.  He-- somehow-- no; it's not possible.  Carefully, he looked at the wall of mirrors and made small, cautious gestures.  No-- th-- it-- someh---- no; he would worry about it later; he had to get away from here.  He stared in fascination at his skeletal hands-- muscle was clearly there, but it was drawn so tight beneath the white skin......  Suddenly he caught a scent that drew him back to his situation.  The men-- the large men who would be his assassins....   had soiled themselves in terror.....

Tico awoke under a rail bridge, back in the inner city.  He was Tico-- not the freak.  Things were....  well, he didn't know what they were, but certainly this was an improvement.  He hung around long enough to roll a homeless man for his clothes and made for him.

over the next few weeks, he learned to summon and control his powers.  When he became the freak-- no; that wouldn't do.  There wasn't a separate freak; there was Tico, powered up, but still Tico.  When he powered up, he became much more powerful physically, but why, he could not say.  (Density Increase, two levels).  He was also able to generate fear in his opponents (Drain: Presence, 2d6, Area of Effect 12 meters radius, centered on Tico, requires eye contact to initiate).  Most intriguingly, at least to Tico, was his ability to freeze things.  It didn't matter what it was-- all he had to do was touch it and will it frozen, and it would almost-instantly begin to develop a delicate even coating of frost as it became colder and more brittle (Drain: BODY: 2d6, Cumulative, expanded maximum-- have fun with it) combined with HtH Killing Attack, 2d6, no STR bonus  (consider also Ranged KA, no range).

Tico had two things now: he had a dream, and he had _power_, power that he could exercise and work and hopefully improve.  He would content himself to the street gang first.  Then another, then another.  With enough soldiers on the street, he would form his own cartel.  When he got large enough, he would begin to take the other cartels, too.  Javier would have to go, and soon.  There should be no question as to who was in charge.  He had the start of a plan.  He needed something to reinforce his power-- he wasn't powerful enough-- at least, no yet-- to don a colorful costume and knock over banks, but he should certainly have a look, something that would work with his power, possibly enhance his reputation-- something memorable.  Taking spray paint to his black jeans and work boots, and then to a thin leather jacket that he had scored breaking into bus lockers (so what if it was a bit too small?  That would just enhance his look), he crafted his outfit.  Some gloves from an old Halloween costume would do for now, until he could find something a bit sturdier.

He decided against picking a super-villain sounding name: he wasn't on that same level of power yet, and it wouldn't do to attract powerful attention to himself, at least not before he was ready.  He toyed briefly with calling himself Mamito as a little joke, but was wise enough to realize that he didn't want anything possibly funny or derisive; nothing should be allowed to undercut the threat of his presence.  Eventually, he decided to simply keep his street name, even in light of his new dreams.  One day, Sugar would be the emperor of this city....

20 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Okay, let's see if this works:

b161aad19c9f520564444bb02b42c90c.jpg

Cool!

Have fun

Vorton is an energy being living inside a mechanical body dedicated to the enslavement of any planet it's masters placed him upon. It can grow or shrink to almost any size, and shoot various energy beams from it's body. It comes down alone and it is initially weak, but as it absorbes more energy it grows in power.

It also has a nasty habit of defending the planet it wants to take over. So other alien races who wish to enslave the population have to deal with Vorton as well as the planet's protectors.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, Duke Bushido said:

Cool!

Have fun

Earth is under alien invasion, but it is not from outer space it is from inner space. The microscopic Parvulus have been laying the ground work for world domination undetected by all except for fringe scientist Shinya Takahashi. His knowledge made him a target and he found himself under attack as the Parvulus sent an assault team into his body. Luckily he had injected nanobot defenders into his system. The battle that waged within him however took his toll. Takahashi instructed his assistant Rajit Khan to use the experimental armor that would allow him to shrink down to the level of the invaders. He managed to eradicate the threat, but Takahashi fell into a coma as a result of the battle. Since then Rajit has taken the fight to the Parvulus and even found allies amongat the Parvulus in the form of a small group of rebels fighting against the rule of the warrior caste. He also works with the covert government agency known as the Black Station who have taken custody of Takashi's body and his technology. Rajit, now known as the Nanonaut, is the Earth's best hope.

On 1/21/2022 at 12:18 AM, Duke Bushido said:

Captain Starman

He has been assigned the dangerous sector containing the planet Earth. His mission to protect it from menaces emanating from the planet and those menacing the planet.

He has been given the form of one of the humans so that they will trust him easily.

He follows the pledge of the Captains

'By the light of the day and the shadow of the night,

I set myself against malice and will make it right.

All those who follow evil's path

will feel this Captain's wrath'

The suit gives a degree of enhanced strength, flight capability in atmosphere and space and a fair degree of life support..