Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Trump: Constitution should be terminated due to "massive" election fraud

It's out in the open now. Who he really is, what he wants, what all of his supporters are actually working towards.

Every Democrat legislator and candidate has to publicly hammer this home, until Trump and MAGA are buried.

Why White Supremacists Love Bad Black Candidates:

THERE’S A RACISM problem on the American right. Racists want that problem to look like Kanye West and Herschel Walker.

In the middle of Ye’s gimp-suited rant on Alex Jones’ morally and financially bankrupt show yesterday, between attacking the supposed godlessness of Dave Chappelle — a practicing Muslim — and expressing admiration for Hitler, the artist formerly known as Kanye West slipped in a word of praise for Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker.

“Meanwhile we want to knock Herschel Walker, but Herschel Walker changed his life for Christ” Ye declared. “And he might have had abortions, but he doesn’t believe in abortion.”

People ask how Herschel Walker could have been nominated by the same white conservative Georgia Republicans who go to war over “critical race theory” and “woke” politics. You can see the answer in the inane grin of Nick Fuentes sitting across from West in the studio.

As long as we’re talking about West being a racist, we’re bogged down in a freshman-level diversity seminar meta-conversation about whether Black people can actually be racist or West’s mental health struggles, and not the bigger picture: how the far right is amplifying Black celebrities like West – and, frankly, Herschel Walker – to openly advocate for vile ideas.

It’s not the first time Ye endorsed Walker. Ye’s Instagram page posted a photo of Walker in November with the words “Pro Life” beside it.

On some base level, white racists love hearing a Black voice articulating ideas that they can’t say themselves in public without blowback. It’s a political minstrel show with the wacky antics of comically-damaged Black people presented for the amusement of white audiences. Fuentes gets to wear blackface with Ye as his based proxy.

Exciting night in Moore County, North Carolina. Several electrical substations were 'vandalized' leaving a whole lot of people in the dark.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/04/us/power-outage-moore-county-criminal-investigation/index.html

https://www.wral.com/moore-county-authorities-investigate-social-posts-claiming-knowledge-of-moore-county-blackout/20612783/

Emily Grace Rainey, a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer, made several posts about it on social media, even saying in one post: “The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

Rainey posted that she told deputies, "God works in mysterious ways ... I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters.” 

After the power went out, Rainey posted a picture of the marquee where the drag show was scheduled to take place, claiming that God was "chastising Moore County."

And that Emily Grace Rainey person used to deal with psychology for the Army? :stupid:

12 hours ago, Old Man said:

uk1hk33x604a1.png?width=768&auto=webp&s=

Years ago I did research at libraries in Paris. They treat their historical documents like gold, and moreover, there had been a recent bombing in the city and threats of more. I thought the bureaucratic hoops they made me jump through just to see the documents were excessive. But this takes it up a couple of notches from that.

13 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

And that Emily Grace Rainey person used to deal with psychology for the Army? :stupid:

Years ago I did research at libraries in Paris. They treat their historical documents like gold, and moreover, there had been a recent bombing in the city and threats of more. I thought the bureaucratic hoops they made me jump through just to see the documents were excessive. But this takes it up a couple of notches from that.

This is why it's important to discuss the availability of mail-in voting.  The whole vital task of providing it because of these issues are like... for example... voting separately on 'lets end the strike' and 'lets provide the 7 days pto' allows the gov to utterly deny access to one vital thing while providing zero mechanisms to replace it.  If they want to do away with mail-in voting, issues like this need to be dealt with first.

7 hours ago, Sociotard said:

I'm just envisioning a Ukrainian, sitting in a candlelit apartment, hearing about the United States attacking its own electrical grid.

I'm reminded of the promo for the Macron interview on 60 Minutes.

Q:  "so you think attacking civilian infrastructure constitutes a war crime?"

A:  "yes."

IF they can find the <insert 5 minute long expletive string here> whackjobs that did this...I honestly don't know what charges could be filed, but far as I'm concerned, a life sentence would be Just Fine.  

Hmm...

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title18/part1/chapter65&edition=prelim

Go down to section 1366, which is energy facilities.  

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully damages or attempts or conspires to damage the property of an energy facility in an amount that in fact exceeds or would if the attempted offense had been completed, or if the object of the conspiracy had been achieved, have exceeded $100,000, or damages or attempts or conspires to damage the property of an energy facility in any amount and causes or attempts or conspires to cause a significant interruption or impairment of a function of an energy facility, shall be punishable by a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 20 years, or both.

Blackout of 40,000 people is significant to me.  Also, there's a separate provision:  if anyone died as a result of the power outage, the max sentence is life.

Exactly. The temperature in NC at the time of the sabotage was around the freezing mark. I read that the average age of residents of Moore County is 65. I don't doubt no few of them have medical needs for which heat and electricity are vital.

No surprise that whoever did this likely didn't think through the potential consequences.

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

I strongly disagree.  They know what the consequences are.  To them it's a feature, not a bug.

If we start from the fanaticism motivation per those comments from Rainey...then, true enough.  Not even a feature, it was the goal.  If someone dies as a result?  Well, you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs perhaps?  

If it's really based on that motivation then it's a sociopath hiding under a mask of quasi-religious fervor.  Now, absolutely, I don't want to assume it was the case, so that's purely speculative.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/politics/trump-organization-fraud-trial-verdict/index.html

This doesn't include Trump per se, but still, it continues to undermine his position among the Republican movers and shakers.  He'll try to blow it off, it's New York, it's Democrats out to get him...but it's just continuing the narrative that he's a loser.

Trump's financial power and prestige are also crumbling. Even if he never goes to prison, he'll never be able to play bigwig again. For Donald Trump that may be just as bad.

I'm going to make a prediction that I admit is based on my gut reaction to his reactions: If Donald Trump actually faces prison time, he'll take his own life. He still might if he's just financially ruined, but I don't think he could face prison.