A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

True story: My brother's name is Mike. So he's at a college party one time, there's a drunk stumbling around slurring, "Where's Mike Keyes? Where's Mike Keyes?" Some helpful party-goer pointed my brother out to him, so he staggers up and says, "You've got Mike Keyes?"

"I am Mike Keyes," my confused brother responded. He and the drunk stare at each other uncomprehendingly for a while before it dawns on my brother that he's not saying "Mike Keyes," he's saying "My keys".

Anyway. It was funny at the time.

Hero System has infected my brain. The whole time I was picking out spells for my Pathfinder character yesterday' date=' I kept thinking about how I'd build those spells in Hero. I just want to write stuff on my character sheet, I don't want to have to think about it. :P[/quote']

Which is a fair attitude, I just end up going to Hero because I'm not sure the game designers think too much when building spells for these other games. :P

JG

Just watched a Bing walk through film of Donald Trump's private jet. It is a 757 powered with Rolls Royce engines. It seats up to 47 people. Everything inside like the seat belts and sink taps is gold-plated. There is a Hollywood quality movie screening room and little screens at every seat that control the whole system of 2500 movies and 5000 CDs. Trump's favorites are specially marked. He has a bedroom with gold plating on the walls and bed and a private shower and sink with gold plated everything. They didn't show any toilets.

Love Trump or hate him, you gotta admit he's no Fool.

"HAVE YOU SEEN ME?"

I blink and look again at the accompanying photo. Then I mutter "No, I haven't seen you and I'm glad. If I had, I'd call the FBI. And ask for the X Files. You are the ugliest, scariest, least human looking baby I've ever seen a picture of."

Of course it's also someone's infant that was snatched away from them, so I do sincerely hope the chlid is found and returned. But I also sincerely hope the poor guy looks less like something that came out of a UFO by the time he gets to school.

Lucius Alexander

As if I have room to talk. I hang out with a palindromedary.

Location 13 is the VITALS.

Not the crotch. And no, "vitals" is not some kind of euphemism for crotch either.

I admit it can be amusing to pretend that, but it can also be frustrating to deal with the misapprehension of people who don't get it.

Lucius Alexander

Creating a hit location chart for a palindromedary

There are so many vulgar synonyms for a woman's breasts who can keep track of them all?

I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suspects that he'll know what you're talking about

Last night was such a dark night. I finally fell asleep at 4 am and woke up for a bit at 6 am. Before I fell asleep, I noticed the night seemed darker than usual, and it affected my dreams. I had a series of short dreams, all of them were about me in almost total darkness. Neither my lamp nor my flashlight worked in my dreams, and I had to stumble in the dark (nearly falling down the stairs in one dream) if I had to get out of bed.