A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

On 4/4/2022 at 4:44 PM, death tribble said:

So the TV series Law and Order is back with a new season ?

Yes!  I’ve always been a big fan and I’ve enjoyed Jeffrey Donovan’s work since he was in Burn Notice.  The character of the A.D.A. is a bit of a P.C. weenie.  I want another “Hang ‘em High McCoy type.

• 2 weeks later...

For continual tasting of psychedelia during your day, change your on-screen mouse pointer so its color scheme is "Inverted", and then install a highly colored image as your desktop background.  (The solar spectrum with absorption lines image which is my "cover photo" in my profile page here is mine.)

• 2 weeks later...

Share your tips for self-care and maintaining positive energy.

Got this prompt from a professional society (Association for Women in Science, of which I've been a member since the early '90s) this morning, and I find myself incapable of giving a straight answer.  So I've decided I'll make this a satirical NGD topic somehow.  Things that came to mind:

• No blood stains anywhere!  W00t!
  • If there's still Jameson's in the bottle, I can cope.
  • That momentary precious, shocked silence right after the explosion but before the screaming.
  • I have my towel, so I don't have to panic.

7 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Got this prompt from a professional society (Association for Women in Science, of which I've been a member since the early '90s) this morning, and I find myself incapable of giving a straight answer.  So I've decided I'll make this a satirical NGD topic somehow.  Things that came to mind:

• No blood stains anywhere!  W00t!
  • If there's still Jameson's in the bottle, I can cope.
  • That momentary precious, shocked silence right after the explosion but before the screaming.
  • I have my towel, so I don't have to panic.

You are one hoopy froid who really knows where his towel is.

Share your tips for self-care and maintaining positive energy.

Imma just throw these out there:

• The combination of a vivid imagination and a roll of duct tape can solve more problems that you might believe.
  • Hydration is important. Sometimes, this is best accomplished by aiming a firehose in the appropriate direction.
  • Snacks are easier to obtain than alibis.
  • If the irritation persists, increase volume at 5dB increments until they get the hint.
  • Carpe jugulum.

A year ago, I left my job, mainly because I was not happy there, and I didn't want to work for a certain manager. Yesterday, I got contacted by the new manager asking me to come back. On the fence, but tending towards declining. I was unhappy there for a variety of reasons, and I haven't forgotten them.

Still, I do need a job, and I haven't been very successful in my search.

I just learned the manager I didn't want to work for is now the district manager. That means I won't be dealing with him directly, but I will have to see him from time to time. And knowing him, he'll find some way to badger me into doing stuff I don't want to do.