A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

There are somethings you cannot find out such as the identity of the women in Seal's 'Crazy' video.

And then all you need is a name and part of a lyric to find a track. Youtube is giving me a lot of French records as I keep playing Mylene Farmer, 'Voyage Voyage' by Desireless, 'Love Will Call the Tune' by Claude Francois and 'Born to be Alive' by Patrick Hernandez. It throws up the original for 'Beyond the Sea' (La Mer) which is a classic X-Files episode so I like. But then it throws up a chap called Gilbert Becaud and my brain starts working. I have heard this voice before and throws up a lyric I have not heard in decades 'You're in that city faraway, I'm on the ship way out at sea'. Type into the internet and I have the music. But why do I remember it ? Because it was a chart hit in 1975 and he was on Top of the Pops.