A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

From Todd in the Shadows review of the worst 10 songs of 1987, 'Could Chicago suck as badly without Peter Cetera ? Why Yes they could !'

Similarly 'Peter Cetera needed a Christian woman to duet with in order to truly suck' The woman in question was Amy Grant.

I'm not trying to bait Chicago fans but Todd in the Shadows hates the band and particularly Peter Cetera

40 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Is there a word that conveys equally funny & sad? 

I don’t know about a single word, but for many years as an insult I’ve called someone “clown shoes”.  
  To me it’s something that is all at once pathetic, foolish, useless, and grotesque. It also has the side benefit that while they don’t really understand the meaning, they know down to their bones that it’s an insult.

If I could, I'd make a couple of TV shows.

1. Animated episodes of classic Doctor Who shows. Not just the TV episodes, but also the Big Finish audiobooks. I'd bring in the original actors to provide the voices.

2. A Middle-earth series with a rotating cast, based on location. If you've watched the German series Tatort (Crime Scene), you'll see a different cast of protagonists depending on the city. So in my idea, there may be one group of heroes adventuring around Bree, another in Gondor, etc. Crossovers will be inevitable, of course.

Edit: I know Amazon is producing a Middle-earth series, but it's supposed to be set in the Second Age, and I don't know if there will be a rotating cast of characters like my idea does.

Depends on what is meant by the last word.  I've known a few of the first (in fact, a long time ago I ran a Fantasy Hero campaign in which one played, while he was a grad student).  Depending on how the second is defined, I might be one of those.

Something caught my eye as I was walking through Walmart today. First, Walmart has vinyl. I did not know that. The one that got my attention was the original Ghostbusters soundtrack. When I took a closer look, I saw a sticker...

"Marshmallow Colored Vinyl!"

Is it just me or is that weird?

272157393_2085817344926933_2723440526603

I took the kids in for their annual wellness checkup today. The girl (12 years old) is 4'11" tall and weighs 91 pounds. The boy (8 years old) is 4'9" tall and weighs 90 pounds. For height, he's in the 50th percentile ... for an 11-year-old.