World Creation SuperDraft

Dwarves were the first mortals to live in the world, and so they became the first to die in this world.

Winter claimed some with storms, War claimed some with quarrels over wealth, some fell in Water and a small handful even dreamed themselves to death on the Gift of Peace. And they who lived would sometimes prop up the bodies and talk to them as if they were alive, until the stench brought pestilence among them, or some would bear their dead away and drop them in some random place, not knowing what else to do. And so they were haunted, for the spirits of their dead could not pass the Gate, and gibbered at them in dreams and in reveries, and one cold night as the year waned again towards Winter, all the corpses in the world rose and marched to stand confronting their kin, sightless faces accusing. The Dwarven people wailed with grief and fear, and it was I, Lady of Death and Rebirth, who came to them, taking pity on their ignorance.

In awe and dread they averted their eyes from Me, save one; he met My gaze and in him I saw the yearning to understand. "The Dwarves suffer" I said to him, "To relieve the suffering of the dead and of the living, would you yourself choose to die?" And there was fear in him yet he said "I would."

"Follow" I commanded, leading deeper into the cave they had made their dwelling, and then "Nay, take no torch. Only in darkness will you be able to see what you must see." And we walked until he was sure the cave, that he knew well, was not nearly so deep as we had gone into the Earth. There I shared with him the Moment of Ceasing to Be and the Moment of Becoming, and showed him the Gate, and the Solace of the Dark Deep Within, and I led him to the rest of the Deathless and We taught him much.

He learned how to treat the bodies of the dead, to bury them or burn them, and to call My Name that I might welcome them. He learned the process of grief and the Truth of Returning, that those who perish shall again in time reincarnate.

He learned of the Cycles, and how it is that herb and fruit and beast and too the sacred poppy all renew themselves endlessly.

He learned how to sing away the restless dead, and how to compel one to reveal its Name, that it might be sent through the Gate.

He learned how and when and why to offer sacrifice to the Gods, how to sing a prayer, and the setting up of altars and shrines.

He learned to Bless those newly born, and the child reborn into adulthood, and other Blessings fit for beginnings and endings.

He learned the secrets of Initiation, and how to choose others to initiate so that there would be more priests after himself, the First Priest.

As the sun rose we came forth again and the Dwarves still stood vigil, shivering at the dead who stood without, a silent curse on them. The First Priest begged, "My Lady, please, lead them away from us to their proper place." And I said "No. I will go now, and you will send them after Me, for it is in your power now to do so."

And so it was, for he had learned The Mystery of Priestcraft

Including sacrifice, initiation, and funerary rites.

Lucius Alexander

Copyright Palindromedary Enterprises

Welond the god of crafts, in the depths of time, forged the race of Dwarves. Some might say that he was a bit premature, as at the time the world of [blank] had not yet been given any shape whatsoever. But none the less, he made them, and he made them well -- strong and hardy and hairy, but also headstrong and surly and proud, particularly regarding their beards. Their fists were as rocks, their sinews were as silk, their flesh was as iron, and their beards were as cashmere wool, flowing and glistening. Such beards.

Geography: Floating Islands in the Sky

The floating Isles hover at between 200 and 1000 meters with the smaller isles being higher. Each has at least one large deposit of Lift Crystals, and it is these that have literally torn them from the ground below. Think the floating islands in Nagrand in WoW but much larger. The small floating isles here are at least 50,000 square meters, while the largest is about the size of California. 500 square kilometers is about average.

This is not to say that only the floating isles have Lift Crystals, it's just that they have the largest, capable of pulling the islands out of the ground. Any area with many caverns has lift crystals as the crystals strive to reach the sky but are not strong enough to pull free of the ground, caverns are often the result.

post-7542-0-74412200-1496505653_thumb.jpg

Secondary Domain: Dreams

Before, the dwarves had slept as ones dead. They slumbered and they were not aware. They breathed, but thought not. Their eyes closed, they saw not. Their minds numb, they felt not.

And for all the wonders forming in the world, they did not understand magic might be out there.

And the God of Magic spoke to them, allowing them to begin to imagine the impossible....

For about the world, they and all thinking creatures after, found themselves slipping into the realm of the impossible

The God of Magic showed them Dreams!

be92df660bff0b7678a28b69f885f6e3-d6l8nq2

The dwarfling could hold his question no longer. "Mother, why do we put out bread and milk every night?"

"For good Hospitality, dear. We need to provide for the brownies that clean our house. They do errands around the shop and warn us of danger. Even when we travel, they watch over us, caring for wild places and the roads themselves. So, we leave them gifts and show them respect. They have their pride after all. You'll never see one, but you never want to cross them either."

"Wait, didn't you say 'Brownies' were the reason my beard was all tangled this morning?"

"Yes, and I'm sorry about that. They do like a bit of mischief now and then. But a tangle like that is lucky. Besides, it's worth it for how many pests they kill."

Sentient Race: Brownies.

(How about that, we have Brownies and they didn't come from the Stoner god.)

The Master of Earth is nothing if not accommodating.  To fulfill a request made earlier:

Sentient Beings: Humans

(You owe me one, War God.)

I think we all do. Humans are just so malleable.

You're gonna love mine (assuming our Overlord doesn't shoot it down).

Ooooo....

Good luck.

The Master of Earth is nothing if not accommodating.  To fulfill a request made earlier:

Sentient Beings: Humans

(You owe me one, War God.)

Name the god I am basing my domains on and I will give you something from my choices.

Correct me if I am wrong but Commerce or Trade has not been Chosen yet as a secondary domain ?

Dorrauch traveled this budding world, visiting the spire-like mountains that sang with wealth, the floating islands of wonder and the vast seas. But the Silver Frost needed a land to call home. 

Flying out into the oceans, Dorrauch called forth a continent of his own. Mountains, plateaus, and tracts of land rising from the seas and spreading out as far as his power would allow. From his breath winds of chilling cold washed over his new lands bathing the stone in snow. Hardy trees, grasses, and flowers appeared through the powdery snow on the floor, because a demesne of cold stone was not to his liking. 

When Dorrauch was satisfied with his lands he smiled.

"This shall be STORSTEIN, land of Eternal Winter!" He proclaimed proudly. 

Then he listened to the echo of his voice 

And he was alone. 

"Well this is blows."

Geography: the Continent of Storstein, Land of Eternal Winter.

Pick #3:

5299089773_576417db66.jpg

Sentient Life: The Aleph

Mortals, among you there must be a people that embodies the virtue of Wisdom and carries its light to all corners of the World.  So from the ranks of the animals, I bring the elephants, and of them I raise up the Aleph.

Already they are endowed with great ears to warn of danger and to hear the stories of others, versatile trunks for grasping and music, and long lives in which to accumulate the wisdom of many years.  To these gifts I add an upright bearing, that the Aleph may use their forepaws in the pursuits of wisdom; a nimble tongue, that they may share that wisdom with others; and most of all, a perfect memory, that their wisdom shall not be lost.

To the Aleph, I say that you will suffer much in the World.  The other peoples, rash and impatient, will never understand your ways, often to your annoyance and undoing.  Your perfect memories will be a curse as much as a boon, for many of your memories will cause you pain that will never fade.

Yet your role in the World is vital.  It is you who will guide all the peoples of the World along the path to enlightenment, and prevent them from sliding back into ignorance, confusion, and the gratification of baser urges.  Remember always from whence you came.  Go now, and learn.