World Creation SuperDraft

I think I am down two picks. I would like to add Space to my secondary domain. Clocks and compasses are mine to command.

I would like to pick the Chosen One as my Guardian and Monster. Sometimes to keep things on track, someone is born with a ten line prophecy engraved on their skin. When one line of the prophecy has been finished, it vanishes. And since prophecies are vague to avoid tampering, the Chosen One can be as much a villain as hero trying to work around the conditions given him.

CES

Sentient Life: Sky Elves

The Sky Elves were transported from a dying world in another universe seconds before their former home imploded. Torn through a rift in space and time that wiped their memories clean, they knew nothing of their past world or the universe it was part of. Aetheria appeared to them in the form of a beautiful woman fully four meters tall and told them she had saved them from a Great Cataclysm, that they were her Chosen People.

The Sky Elves are tall and their slender bodies conceal remarkable strength and stamina. The average being able to lift four times his own body weight and exert themselves to their fullest capacity for nearly a week without flagging. They revere logic and peace, but are not pacifists, nor are they cold or distaining of emotion even if they are somewhat aloof at times.

The Sky Elves can laugh and smile, feel both love and rage. They rarely start wars but if they become involved in one they will devote nearly all their strength to finishing it as quickly as possible. The floating Islands are their home, but with their crystal powered aether-ships they trade with nearly all the world's races.

Although not exact, the image is pretty close.

post-7542-0-36285100-1496789466_thumb.jpg

Today, the Trickster selects Our special animal. Unlike nearly everything else in Our portfolio, this one is simple, direct, and obvious.

Because Our adherents will live just about everywhere in the world, but perhaps more concentrated in the seas, We choose to provide an unfailing source of food. It has to be edible, and tasty, and nutritious, and grow in as much of Creation as possible. And since all life so far needs water, We create something that dwells in water, that is safe for any animal to eat and any plant to grow upon (once it's dead), a creature that is prolific and itself eats plants and animals nearly too small to see.

To this purpose We create the Great Sweet Krill, that grows in all seas and most enduring fresh water lakes, even those confined under the ice cap of eternal winter.

And because we create it to be food for everything, we grant that the Great Sweet Krill are stupid, mindless, so that they know not what they are and what their fate is, and give contentedly when consumed. For this is their trick: they make no tricks themselves, now or ever. Thus, souls in need of redemption and the lesson of humility may work off many lifetimes of their karmic burdens by being reincarnated tens of millions of times as a Great Sweet Krill, and so witness and experience the uncountably many deaths for which they and their kind are inevitably fated. In this way they may come to know that those deaths are not senseless, for they continue the lives of all other life in the world. And if they do not learn the lesson? Perhaps a few hundreds of millions of lives as a Great Sweet Krill will prove more instructive. For there will always be things looking for food.

I have a question for the Commissioner: what is the difference between "gift to civilization" and a general domain? For example, I have the domain of Travel. Does that mean we can assume our world has Roads and Boats? Or would I have to pop those in separate?

For my own reference, here is the Civ 5 tech tree, to track where our world is.

Ancient era

•  Agriculture Gifted by Pariah
  •  Animal husbandry Possibly under Agriculture, Gifted by Pariah
  •  Archery Possibly under War, Domain of Death Tribble
  •  Bronze working Gifted by Pariah
  •  Calendar Possibly under Time, Domain of csyphrett
  •  Masonry Possibly under Knowledge, Domain of Doc Shadow
  •  Mining Possibly under Knowledge, Domain of Doc Shadow
  •  Pottery
  •  Sailing Possibly under Travel, Domain of Sociotard, or under Water, Domain of Clonus
  •  The wheel Possibly under Travel, Domain of Sociotard
  •  Trapping
  •  Writing

Classical era

•  Construction
  •  Currency
  •  Drama and poetry
  •  Engineering Science and Engineering, gifted by Doc Shadow
  •  Horseback riding Goat Riding, gifted by L. Marcus
  •  Iron working Gifted by Pariah
  •  Mathematics
  •  Optics
  •  Philosophy

Medieval era

•  Chivalry
  •  Civil service
  •  Compass
  •  Education
  •  Guilds
  •  Machinery
  •  Metal casting
  •  Physics
  •  Steel
  •  Theology Priestcraft, gifted by Lucius

Renaissance era

•  Acoustics
  •  Architecture Domain of  L. Marcus
  •  Astronomy
  •  Banking
  •  Chemistry
  •  Economics
  •  Gunpowder
  •  Metallurgy
  •  Navigation
  •  Printing press

Pick #5:

Geography: The Jaagar: Six Temples of Wisdom

Mortals: The divine aspects of the World each hold dominion over certain areas to which they are particularly attuned, and Wisdom is no exception.  Names like Olympus, Wudan, Shangri-La, and Avalon will hold no meaning for you, yet they describe to your pantheon the form that the seat of Wisdom will take in your World.  Thus, you must learn of the Six Temples of Jaagar, which may be encountered along the path to enlightenment by those who seek it:

- Mount Nollizh, which rises steeply out of the impenetrable jungle into the clouds, holds the secrets of learning.  It is said that any who seek to reach it must build their own path.

- The Tree of Nasyyb lies within a forest of eternally shifting rivers and tributaries in the East.  Those who find it will master the arts of serendipity.

- The Armory at Chetanat is built into the cliffs and canyons of the badlands in the South.  It represents the ultimate mastery of reason.

- The Isle of Siddhanikaar resides among a great archipelago of rocky islands.  This temple, which epitomizes altruism, is often sought by those who desire healing.  

- The Temple at Uddesh lies somewhere amid the trackless snows in the West.  Only those with supreme purpose will ever achieve it.

- The Oasis of Sanyam moves with the shifting sands in the North.  Of the Jaagar, its focus is that of self-discipline.

Finding any of these temples shall be a great milestone on the samsar's journey to mokkusha.  No map or fixed course will bring you to any of these, for each samsar must tread its own path.  Indeed, the World you inhabit is neither round, nor flat, but is shaped by the perception and consciousness of all.  Yet Wisdom does not have to be sought solely at the Jaagar, but may be found anywhere that encourages introspection and meditation: pools of still water, quiet valleys, windswept grasslands and dunes, libraries, shrines, standing stones, and hearthfires.  

Consider this well, mortals, for the odyssey of your samsar has already begun.

-- translated from the Opaline Stanza of the Wordless Codex

We could call Assault's sentient species The Children of Gaia. They would be a bit like D+D Mongrelmen who don't really fit into a set species

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongrelfolk

I haven't made a sentient species pick. The closest thing to my monsters ("Abominations" is probably the best term, or maybe "Primal Abominations", since they are basically Chaos godlike things) would be "Mythic Monster or Guardian". Of course that's singular, which isn't what I intended, but I can work with that.

So while a bunch of critters were spawned during Ma's divine tantrum, the main result was this guy:

"Strength was with his hands in all that he did and the feet of the strong god were untiring. From his shoulders grew a hundred heads of a snake, a fearful dragon, with dark, flickering tongues, and from under the brows of his eyes in his marvellous heads flashed fire, and fire burned from his heads as he glared. And there were voices in all his dreadful heads which uttered every kind of sound unspeakable; for at one time they made sounds such that the gods understood, but at another, the noise of a bull bellowing aloud in proud ungovernable fury; and at another, the sound of a lion, relentless of heart; and at another, sounds like whelps, wonderful to hear; and again, at another, he would hiss, so that the high mountains re-echoed."

I didn't make a pick yesterday - no inspiration - so that should cover it.

One for day? Well, people are whingeing about sentient species - I'll think about it.

OK, Nymphs and Satyrs are technically different species, but one is only female, and the other only male. However, they can reproduce themselves together (and with other species).

For what it's worth, I'll specify Mountain Nymphs, as opposed to Sea Nymphs. They tend to favour hills and forests, on the fringes of civilization at best.

So that will do for today's pick.

Sentient Life: Mountain Nymphs and their brothers (Satyrs).

I also would like to keep going. And I echo Sociotard's suggestion about the master document. I cannot take it over, though; I give my final exam Thursday and will have my free time evaporated for five or six days starting then.

Having taught his skills to the peoples of the world, Welond grew bored. He sought a challenge for himself -- a test of his immense knowledge of all crafts. But what would this challenge be?

"Life is good in its way -- but living things are fragile," he mused. "But though awesome and durable metallic things are, they have no mind. So I shall make a being that is a thinking thing, while made of my own orichalcum!"

Many years the god and his apprentices toiled in the foundry outside the world. Many king's ransoms worth of mountain copper was used, and steel, and bronze, and many precious stones. The heat of the forge would have set the world ablaze. Many Dwarves perished in the work, but they perished gladly, for their work was a great one.

At last, the challenge was overcome. From the labour and skill of god and mortals was born a wonder of the world. Fifty feet high, gleaming red, gold, and steely grey, with a shard of Welond himself for a soul and mind, durable beyond anything the world could throw at it. It was given the unending task of protecting the marvels that sentient beings have wrought from the harm by sentient beings.

Today's Pick: Guardian -- The Thinking Tick-Tock Man, the Clockwork Colossus!