Cassandra

Random Television Quotes

"There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedom. Order a man to turn his child over to the state? Not while I'm his captain."

"No, I am not dead. Because I refuse to believe the afterlife is run by you. The universe is not so badly designed!"

"Fortune favors fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."

"It is our fate to live during one of the most perilous, and at the same time, one of the most hopeful chapters in human history. Our science and our technology have posed us a profound question: Will we learn to use these tools with wisdom and foresight before it's too late? Will we see our species safely through this difficult passage so that our children and grandchildren will continue the great journey of discovery still deeper into the mysteries of the cosmos?

"That same rocket and nuclear and computer technology that sends our ships past the farthest known planet can also be used to destroy our global civilization. Exactly the same technology can be used for good and for evil. It is as if there were a God who said to us, 'I set before you two ways. You can use your technology to destroy yourselves, or to carry you to the planets and the stars. It's up to you.' "

"I'm supposed to be one of the good guys, to always do the right thing. The line is supposed to be clear. But for me, back then, it wasn't. A madman was threatening the city, and I had to stop him. So I became Red X, a ruthless thief who could get closer to the madman than Robin ever could. But I didn't tell my teammates, and my plan didn't work. I almost lost my life and my friends. It was the closest I've ever come to crossing the line, and I thought it was in the past. But now, someone else has crossed that line, and it's my job to stop him!"