2019-2020 NFL Thread

Old Man

I had not previously appreciated that where the Seahawks have their practices and training camp is in partnership with a local hospital complex, and shares its name with that.  (My commute carries me past the flagship namesake hospital -- not the practice complex -- twice a day.)  Consequently, my reaction is :confused: "They practice at the hospital?"

That would, of course, make for certain conveniences.

I had mono as an undergrad. It was pretty awful. I couldn't figure out why I was tired all the time and couldn't seem to focus. It wasn't until I went to my usual physical and reacted in pain to something that shouldn't have been painful that the doctor figured out what was going on.

Best wishes to Darnold on a quick recovery.

The Jags lost in a gut-wrenching manner yesterday. For those that did not see it (most of you, I'd wager; I mean, it's the Jags), 

we scored a desperation TD in the final minute to pull within one point.

Then we decided to go for two. 

We could have tied it with thirty seconds left, but we trusted our minimally-effective offense to win the game instead, and to absolutely nobody's surprise, they failed. It was a bad play call. A horrible play call. A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad call. Was overtime a guaranteed win? Of course not, but it was a better chance than what we got. The whole game was a forgettable affair for both sides... except for that last call. 

And we're still without Foles, too, of course. Gonna be a long season.