2020-2021 NFL Thread

Starlord

Huh.  Looks like Tennessee is going to be kicker-hunting REAL soon.

Gostkowski was superb for the Pats, but was lost for most of the season last year due to injury.  Yes, well, he's 0-2 tonight, both quite makeable.  And after last year's utter debacle...I doubt patience will be a strong suit for the coaches. 

On 9/11/2020 at 1:56 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

I know a lot of people despise Steven A. Smith, but at least he is a decent human being who expresses compassion even to the athletes he criticizes. Even with his criticism. A few years ago he told his audiences that Johnny Manziel's gangster-like behavior was going to get him in a lot of trouble, and he believed the life of Johnny Football was at stake. (Manziel has been out of football since the AAF folded, and even at that level he was pretty much incapable.) Bayless, by contrast, has become a professional jerk. If he has a shred of human decency, it is cleverly concealed.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, unclevlad said:

No, it's completely in his wheelhouse.  It was on First Take;  he made Stephen A. seem tolerable.  IIRC, ESPN let him go because these kinds of comments were a regular weekly occurence.  Embrace Debate goes only so far;  his wildly absurd statements went well past it.

Seriously, though, how ****ed-up do you have to be to make Stephen A. Smith look like the intelligent and reasonable one?

On 9/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, Pariah said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like there were a lot of big-name injuries this first weekend? More than normal, I mean?

No playing in just the first quarter of several pre-season games to get used to going full steam.

I'd have expected injuries overall to have been up.

11 minutes ago, archer said:

No playing in just the first quarter of several pre-season games to get used to going full steam.

I'd have expected injuries overall to have been up.

My take too.  Having to jump from practice speed to full-game speed.  That said, I looked at the injury list, and didn't think it was all that unusual.

Been true for several years now that the first 3-4 games are ramp-up time for quite a few teams;  they're not that indicative of a team's overall level.  This year, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 5, perhaps 6 weeks before everyone's at full speed.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

Somebody came up with an interesting re-branding concept for the Washington Football Team:

The Washington DC Seals

It's better than some of the others I've seen.

< insert gratuitous joke about getting clubbed here >

I've always thought the Seal of the President of the United States ought to be an actual seal. So why not?