What's the most useless supplement you'd actually like to see?

BobGreenwade

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What's the most useless supplement you'd actually like to see?

Yeah' date=' but I think it could support a small book on its on. :D[/quote']

Maybe with a chapter in the back with BESM conversions? :D

I think some of this would be more appropriate to a "What's the most tasteless supplement you'd actually like to see?" thread... ;)

Let me add my vote for both Ultimate Catgirl and Ultimate Hentai. :D

Seriously, I realise it might be somewhat niche, but an Ultimate Therianthrope wouldn't be a bad book, IMO. Expand on the list of Animal Powers in USPD, look at Disads appropriate to animal-folk, discuss the differences between weres, "magical" animals, and straight anthropomorphs. Take a look at the idea through the lens (sorry SJG) of each genre; wolf men in Pulp HERO would be different from those in Fantasy HERO or CyberHERO. I think it could work, but probably only as a Free Stuff item.

As far as the Ultimate Hentai goes, I'd make it more the Ultimate Romance, covering everything from courtly love and Lois and Clark to somewhat more torrid subject matter (but still tasteful, kids!). While I would love to see a book cover the subject of love, romance and sex in Japanese media, I know it would be so niche as to sell maybe ten to fifteen copies.

Running with the ball from URom, though, it would be kinda neat to see Theme books from DoJ; Action, Horror, Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, stuff like that.

Running with the ball from URom' date=' though, it would be kinda neat to see Theme books from DoJ; Action, Horror, Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, stuff like that.[/quote']

My personal opinion differs on this. I'm tired of seeing 'how to adapt into a different genre' in each book. I think if they made one book on the different themes, that would be more than enough. I would have no need of it and wouldn't purchase it, though I think others would; though it would make me happy not seeing space wasted [again, my opinion] on this in future releases.

Let me add my vote for both Ultimate Catgirl and Ultimate Hentai. :D

Seriously, I realise it might be somewhat niche, but an Ultimate Therianthrope wouldn't be a bad book, IMO. Expand on the list of Animal Powers in USPD, look at Disads appropriate to animal-folk, discuss the differences between weres, "magical" animals, and straight anthropomorphs. Take a look at the idea through the lens (sorry SJG) of each genre; wolf men in Pulp HERO would be different from those in Fantasy HERO or CyberHERO. I think it could work, but probably only as a Free Stuff item.

I just want another excuse to draw catgirls.

I think some of this would be more appropriate to a "What's the most tasteless supplement you'd actually like to see?" thread... ;)
Remember you asked for it: Mightybec HERO! ;)

Seriously' date=' I realise it might be somewhat niche, but an Ultimate Therianthrope wouldn't be a bad book, IMO. Expand on the list of Animal Powers in USPD, look at Disads appropriate to animal-folk, discuss the differences between weres, "magical" animals, and straight anthropomorphs. Take a look at the idea through the lens (sorry SJG) of each genre; wolf men in Pulp HERO would be different from those in Fantasy HERO or CyberHERO. I think it could work, but probably only as a Free Stuff item.[/quote']With a new title and a somewhat expanded scope this might actually work as a book. I know Steve probably considers that everything to do specifically with animals deserving of its own book is in the HERO System Bestiary (though he may well surprise me and speak up to the contrary), but there is room for animal-based heroes in every genre -- not just those with animal-like powers, but those who control and work with animals like Aquaman or Dar the Beastmaster. Toss in animal sidekicks like Silver, Krypto, or Porthos (okay, maybe not Porthos) and you could just have something.

EDIT: And it would give Bryce more catgirls. ;)

• 1 month later...

"Professor Johnston, over here! We've found something.....

See it, peering out from under the mummy? Careful now, men!

What could it be....?"

"Why--- why, it's a forum thread! Astounding! And look at the age of it! Professor Clyburn, this could change all we've come to accept about the death of an idea......."

Teh Ultimate Tyop!

Mixed feelings. I've actually come to prefer them sneaking up on my in other books. Now a perfectly-type index of all the HERO typos ever; _that_ would get into my wallet but quick!

10' date='000 Ways to Be Cool!- a book with thousands upon thousands of one-liners, ready to be delivered by your favourite character or villain, all perfectly indexed by situation and superpower. [/quote']

Ho-Yeah! But only if the authors could get lisence to use the all-time greatest coup-de-grace one-liner of all time:

"You're ******, Reproductive Man!"

(I seriously, seriously love that book. Bought it as a grown man, and laughed myself to hiccups.......)

• 2 years later...

Boy, talk about thread necromancy. :D

I actually gave a hint at what I'd do with a galactic Martial Arts supplement in the final issue of Digital Hero. But if I had my choice, I'd take that, Steve's psionic powers from DH8, my Star*Guard 2640 article, and the stuff I did with sonic and earth powers, expand the lot of them to encompass a lot of other things, and put them into a single book called The Alien Elite.

Eh' date=' whats three years among friends.[/quote']

Commonlaw Marrage in Canada.

More on-topic, Foxbat's Master Plan. All ten gajillion phases, with diagrams, hand-scrawlled margin notes and flop-down palm trees.

Make it a pop-up edition and you can have the body part of your choice.

A theologically and culturally accurate Qabbala Hero sourcebook. It would be best geared for the late middle ages, enlightenment era, or pulp eras, and would include various tropes from the midrashim and folklore. In fact, I'd like to see a series of pulp novels that went this route [or including it at a sub-theme]. No market for it. Its too religious.

• 2 months later...

Re: So many possibilties

Serial Movie Hero - Y'know, the old Dick Tracy and Rocketeer type serials from the 30's and 40's. A great genre to play in, a bit like pulp but not exactly.

Baseball Hero - Role play baseball games with players generated on Hero-level rules.

serial movie hero pulp hero meets champions not bad

as for baseball hero uh-uh like the old song says

you'vegot to be a FOOTBALL HERO...