2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

14 hours ago, unclevlad said:

It takes the whole team.  Montana, Rice, and Taylor won titles with a good running game to support them...and lost to the Cowboys when it wasn't quite there.  Cowboys of that period...Moose Johnston was huge for them.  Manning came to a Bronco team for nothing...and needed a running game and excellent defense.  

Similarly, the Broncos of the late '80s went to three Super bowls largely on a good defense and John Elway's strength of will. It wasn't until he got Terrell Davis in the backfield that they were actually able to win a couple.

Well, if instead of points, we call them scoring events...then I'll go with MNT in a heartbeat.  

So IOW, you're with me in saying, take the under...?

It's too bad that the middle game tomorrow isn't Broncos at Cowboys.  I mean, if there was any game more suited to a food coma than that one, I don't know what it could be.  

So, the Cards fire their o-line coach for groping a woman.

Methinks the coach probably drank...a tad...too much?  And it's simply Something You Do Not Do, in a Catholic culture, I believe.  It is NOT acceptable.

I think the Cards also terminated him posthaste because a) it became public, b) I suspect there was a *strong* objection from the locals, and c) because this is the 2nd coach to have done this.  This year.  That pretty much dictates an immediate response.

Ta-ta....  I suspect he'll have problems finding a new gig quickly.  There's just too much negative press related to things like this floating around.  

Another reason the Broncos have sucked

There's a video 2:20 long in there with lot of fumbles by Melvin Gordon.

Since entering the NFL in 2015 he’s fumbled an astounding 26 times, which is more than any other running back in the league. He had just two fumbles from 2017-2018 but has racked up 16 over the past four seasons.

I remember a time when a running back developed 'fumbleitis', he was forced to carry a football around with him wherever he went...but that story may be apocryphal.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-running-back-has-the-most-fumbles-since-2015

Note that both Elliott and Henry have more rushing attempts but fewer fumbles...and Henry only has 12.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-fumbles-in-the-nfl-since-2015

Kirk Cousins is the overall leader with 76

Another amusing game.  Vikes needed it;  most of their wins have been of the Little Debbie Cupcake level.

Had some hopes for the Giants, but...not much expectation they'd win.  Oh well.

EDIT:  Vikes win, Detroit loss gives the Vikes 5 game lead over the rest of the division, with 6 to play.  Magic # is 2...and even if they lose out, the Lions, Packers, and Bears have their own round robin which means they'll hand each other some losses.  

On 11/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, Pariah said:

The big question for the weekend: Who will score fewer points, the US Mens National team, or the Broncos?

We shoulda made it goals vs. touchdowns.  That could still be a draw.

Every time you think the Bronco offense couldn't look any worse.....  Not that it's on here, but looking at the box score...one big play for 52 yards.  Promptly followed by a fumble.  Take that out, and 125 yards in 3 1/2 quarters.  Hopeless.  

Bears have the...honor...of being the first team eliminated from their division.  Tennessee was flagged for roughing...hitting the center, who's protected on a long snap, on a FG attempt.  Bengals got a first down inside 2 minutes, and the Titans were out of timeouts.  Had they won, Houston would also have been eliminated.

Instead, Houston is facing being eliminated completely next week, all at once.  7 teams in the AFC have 7 wins;  the best Houston can finish is 7-9-1.  So they're technically alive, but their probability has to be infinitesimal.

I don't get much chance to see Jacksonville, but my, my, Trevor Lawrence just engineered a nice drive for a TD, starting from their own 25 with just over 2 minutes left.  It's 27-26, and Jacksonville's playing for the win...........................

BINGO!!!!!  

Up 1 with 14 seconds left.

Baltimore played pretty soft coverage at the start, even forced a fumble that became an 11 yard loss and forced a TO...but let Jacksonville get big chunks, and got them into position for a VERY nice catch for the TD.

Baltimore does get into position for a 67 yard FG attempt...but it's well short.