2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

The Broncos haven't been steamrolled yet;  only Carolina would've covered that spread.

Oh my, I just put the Raiders-Rams on...just in time to watch most of the drive where Baker Mayfield moves the Rams 98 (!!!!) yards to score the go-ahead TD (if they make the extra point here) with 10 seconds left!!!  

Hello Hollywood.  Also, in typical Raider fashion, a pass interference and totally, utterly ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct penalty GAVE the Rams 27 of those yards.

Back to Mr. P...it's also in Denver.  I'd take KC and give the points, but it's not what I'd consider a lock.  The O/U is also 43.5;  I'd take the under.  I can see maybe 28-10?  That'd be KC, giving, and the under.  Not super fond of an under bet with a large spread, but this is the Broncos.

Should this loss cost Josh McDaniels his job?

WILL this loss cost his job?

Will it happen this weekend???

How can you lose to a team whose QB has had NO time with the offense?  And a team banged up in many other ways?  As horrifically bad as Denver has played, for those reasons, this IMO is the absolute worst loss of the season.

Raiders gonna Raider, I guess.

Under 43.5 sounds like a reasonable bet. But there's a part of me that wonders if this is the week the dam bursts, and the defense, who's been keeping the team alive, finally gives out. 

Remember that opening Thursday night game a few years ago when Peyton Manning went off for 7 touchdowns against the defending champion Ravens? There's a part of me that could see Mahomes burning the secondary a couple of times early, and the Broncos D never recovering.

Either way, I expect the Chefs to have the game well in hand by halftime. 

12 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Should this loss cost Josh McDaniels his job?

WILL this loss cost his job?

Will it happen this weekend???

How can you lose to a team whose QB has had NO time with the offense?  And a team banged up in many other ways?  As horrifically bad as Denver has played, for those reasons, this IMO is the absolute worst loss of the season.

You forgot scoring only 16 points (including an interception on 2nd and goal, iirc) against a defense without the best defensive player of the last 5 years.

The networks hate many of us.  I mean HATE.  And they're colluding in it.

I mean, how else can you explain this?

14-CBS-V3.png

CBS single game broadcast.  The blue is KC-Denver.

https://506sports.com/2022/14-FOX-E-V2.png

This isn't pasting directly, but it's a link to the Fox early slot.  Texas, NM, OK, and Arkansas, along with much of Kansas and parts of Missouri, get...Texans at Dallas.

<sigh>  

The late Fox game, which is opposite the Chiefs-Broncos fiasco, is TB vs. SF.  Not *as* bad but...not great.

They hate us.  This proves it.

I doubt this will last, but the Cowboy defense has been befuddled somewhat, there's been a tipped ball leading to a pick, and the Cowboy punt returner let a ball get away.

17-17 tie as we're about to go to half.  Who'da thunk....

EDIT:  spoke too soon.  Texans make plays, move the ball to try a 50 yard FG...and make it.

TEXANS LEAD 20-17 at halftime!!!  

- Even without Higgins and Boyd, Joe Burrow FINALLY beats the Browns....YES!

- Cowboys may have been looking past the hapless Texans

- Ignoring record, the Detroit Lions might be the 2nd best team in the NFC right now...and they may end up with a top 5 pick thanks to the Rams collapse.

Did the Vikes lose to the Lions?  Yes.  Yes they did.

Does one believe 10-3...or a point differential of -1?  

And...so close.  The Cowboys escape being the ignoninny of the year....

Titans also blew it.  Home game vs. a sub-.500 team, chance to take a 4 game lead with 4 to go, all but lock up the division.  Nope.  Still a 2 game lead with only 4 to play, but this is an ominous loss.

Pretty bizarre week.

Under .500 teams beating putative playoff teams in notable upsets:  Jags, Panthers.  Can't count the Lions here, because they were actually *favored*.  

Under .500 teams giving nominal power teams a major run for their money:  Broncos, Texans.  I don't count the Steelers because Jackson was out for the Ravens.  

Always a good thing:  Browns lose.

EDIT:  Denver is officially eliminated.  GOOD.  FIRE HACKETT NOW.