2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

Wonder where that would rank among longest, non-OT playoff games.  Almost 4 hours.  Always a question if the total lack of flow and emotional teeter-totters from the overturned calls, from all the timeouts due to the turnovers...contributed to the choppy play.  

Also have to wonder if this is gonna vault the Bills to their first SB win.  They played *badly* but still escaped, and that's been the impetus behind a strong run before....

And playing the same team back to back is HARD.  Plus, Lamar's been out for weeks now.  They've had time to adjust.

Ravens-Bengals line was only -3.5 Bengals.  Giants-Vikes was only -3 Vikes.  That wasn't because the Giants were great, but that the Vikes were shaky all year.  And then there was Florio's comment..."some QBs have a history of coming through in the playoffs...some don't.  *cough* Kirk Cousins.  *cough*"

Maybe, but the counter argument is he wanted to burn clock to Burrow didn't have much time.  The holding call was a KILLER.  Right before it, I was contemplating...if they get the TD, would I go for 1 or 2?  I was thinking, go for 2.  A do-or-die series.  The clock management feels like it was in line for that.

Then that holding call.  *crash* *thud*  

64 cent question will be whether Harbaugh starts feeling some heat.  Regular season successes, yes, but not playoffs since the SB run.  

Brandon Staley's likely under more heat next season, tho.  

A few random thoughts from playoff weekend so far:

* Some wit at CBS Sports has christened the key play in last night's Bengals/Ravens game as the "Fumble in the Jungle".

* Trevor Lawrence now has as many playoff wins as Tim Tebow.

* Brock Purdy, who just won his own first playoff game, is 2 years younger than two-time national championship quarterback Stetson Bennett from Georgia.

* When trailing late in a playoff game, throwing a 3-yard pass on 4th and 8 is not ideal.

* The Dolphins had no business being in that game in Buffalo for as long as they were. They should have been done in the first half. Nice job of fighting back by Miami.

As for tonight's game ... on paper, Dallas looks like the better team. But Brady always seems to find ways to win games, and the Cowboys choke almost as regularly as the Vikings. So it wouldn't surprise me if Tampa wins tonight. On the other hand, if Dallas wins, Tom Brady will tie Peyton Manning for most playoff losses in a career at 13. 

In other case, I don't anticipate watching tonight. I just don't like either team well enough to invest the time.

12 minutes ago, Pariah said:

As for tonight's game ... on paper, Dallas looks like the better team. But Brady always seems to find ways to win games, and the Cowboys choke almost as regularly as the Vikings. So it wouldn't surprise me if Tampa wins tonight. On the other hand, if Dallas wins, Tom Brady will tie Peyton Manning for most playoff losses in a career at 13. 

In other case, I don't anticipate watching tonight. I just don't like either team well enough to invest the time.

God I hope Brady loses, but he has one huge advantage tonight:

He's Tom Freakin' Brady. 

Real Housewives Sigh GIF

Not watching either for similar reasons, but I didn't know that about the Manning record. I'll keep a tab on the results. 

I haven't decided if I'll watch or not.  I see 2 likely paths:

a)  Cowboys play well and steamroll, a la the Vikes game.  

b)  Cowboys play down to the opposition, in which case it'll be a 60 minute exercise in futility.  

Either one will be hard to watch.  And yeah, I hope they both lose.  So I'll root for the Bucs...cuz I love seeing the Cowboys lose, and cuz they might actually do something next round.  The faster we can get both teams out, the better.