2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

Travis Kelce is basically always open....

For the last few years I note that the dominant teams have been ones with big, good pass-catching TEs who can run deep patterns well.  Gronk, Kelce, Kittle ... if your offense is competent and competently run, most defenses can't handle a TE on a deep pattern.  Mahomes has always had Kelce, and that makes a huge difference, just like Gronk did with Brady.

Well, if we rated all 14 teams in the playoffs, based on their second half play...Bucs, VIkes, Dolphins (w/o Tua), Ravens (w/o Lamar), then flip a coin between the Giants and Seahawks, I'd say.  What this is really showing to me is just HOW MUCH of a fraud the Vikes were.  Even if you don't think they were the 2nd worst playoff team...they were still a pretty bad team overall.  That game also, to a degree, supported the Vikes' firing of Donatell.  The Eagles are making Daniel Jones look like Drew Lock, whereas the Vikes made him look like Drew Brees.  

Clever. Ten points to whatever house vlad is in.

Which reminds me, somebody posted today on the Book of Face, saying that if the Broncos' starting quarterback this season had been Drew Lock rather than Russell Wilson, Nathaniel Hackett would probably still have his head coaching job.

Which I think is fair. I mean, with Drew Lock as your starter, there are basically no expectations. A five-win season would have been disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. And it certainly would have cost the Broncos a lot less money.

I also read today that Hackett is apparently in the mix for at least half of dozen OC jobs in the NFL. Which is fine by me, because as soon as he gets a job somewhere else, the Broncos can stop paying him.

Which I suppose is technically true for Russell Wilson as well, but I don't see anybody lining up to take him on.

1 minute ago, Pariah said:

Which I suppose is technically true for Russell Wilson as well, but I don't see anybody lining up to take him on.

Gonna be a crowded free agency for QBs this offseason.  Carr, Mariota, Garoppolo, Darnold, Daniel Jones for sure, likely Brady, possibly (the other) Wilson and Rodgers, all off the top of my head.

So while Patrick Mahomes was getting his ankle looked at yesterday, Chad Henne led a 98-yard touchdown drive in his stead.

Now we've got some geniuses online claiming that this proves that Patrick Mahomes is just a system quarterback, and that anyone could be a multiple-time All Pro in Andy Reid's offense.

:stupid:

I know it would probably never happen, but I would love to see today's playoff game in San Francisco as a color versus color game. Gold / red / gold for the 49ers, white / navy / white for the Cowboys. 

I would also love to see Buffalo not wear blue pants with their blue jerseys today, although I expect that's exactly what will happen. I read that Cincinnati is wearing white jerseys and white pants, which isn't a bad look for them.

And honestly, I feel like this week's AFC game is the one that should have been a neutral site game.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

So while Patrick Mahomes was getting his ankle looked at yesterday, Chad Henne led a 98-yard touchdown drive in his stead.

Now we've got some geniuses online claiming that this proves that Patrick Mahomes is just a system quarterback, and that anyone could be a multiple-time All Pro in Andy Reid's offense.

:stupid:

I have to assume that these are people who don’t really watch the games, because Mahomes constantly makes impossible throws with routine ease. 

If the Chiefs have a “system” with which any QB can succeed, it’s named Travis Kelce. 

It's been a pretty lackluster performance by Buffalo so far. I don't know if they're counting on some thrilling heroics in the fourth quarter, but they'd better get something going pretty quick or they're going to be watching the AFC Championship from their couches.