2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

On 1/15/2023 at 9:22 AM, Old Man said:

Officiating takes a nosedive every postseason when the refs all switch over to “let them play” mode. It effectively favors the more physical team. 

Yeah, I have hated that for years. It's worse, or at least was, in the NHL, where slower grabby teams become much better against skilled teams just as you should be highlighting said skills when in national spotlight. And you are right, that is what it felt like in that game.

Oh, I dunno.

What's going on tonight is the old game show, What's My Line?  At the end, when they say "will the real football team please stand up?"  And the Bucs jersey guy forgot to...

And just because Michigan said Harbaugh's their coach is meaningless.  Heck, even if Harbaugh says it, it means little or nothing.  I call him Harebrain for...well, multiple reasons, but this is one of em.

EDIT:  oh yeah.  Sometimes seeing something you've never seen before is  bad thing.  Probably most of the time, really.  *3* missed PATs?  My gosh, that's a full 16 game slate's worth.  Even moved back, the success rate overall is around 95%.

16 minutes ago, Pariah said:

And as much as I hate to admit it, 24 points cannot reasonably be considered a safe lead against Tom Brady. Experience has shown that he can lead his team back from at least 25 down.

Nothing personal, Mr. P, but this is a big reason why I hate Brady now.

This is NOT arguably the best QB of the 21st century.  Or maybe it's the team.  This has been a totally INEPT offensive performance, and defensive performance.  Heck, even a Montana or Brady in their prime, with their top offensive units, wouldn't win this game anyway, because the defensive performance has been equally awful.  That last TD?  Oy vey....  Cowboys have 424 yards on 64 plays.  TD drives of 66, 86, 91, 80, and 80.   

29 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Nothing personal, Mr. P, but this is a big reason why I hate Brady now.

This is NOT arguably the best QB of the 21st century.  Or maybe it's the team.  This has been a totally INEPT offensive performance, and defensive performance.  Heck, even a Montana or Brady in their prime, with their top offensive units, wouldn't win this game anyway, because the defensive performance has been equally awful.  That last TD?  Oy vey....  Cowboys have 424 yards on 64 plays.  TD drives of 66, 86, 91, 80, and 80.   

Yeah I don't know what was up with the Bucs tonight, Dallas was moving the ball with impunity and Brady was missing his receivers by 3 or 4 hexes. 

Hope Russell Gage is gonna be okay.

Someone cited a stat.

When Brady had protection this season, he was a top-5 QB.  When he didn't?  He was a bottom-5 QB.  Statistically.

He had people around him most of the night.  But what do you expect when your offense has no run game, and when you drop back 70 times?  66 passes, 2 sacks, and I think we can assume 2 more where penalties were called...I rememver at least one pass interference on the Cowboys.

Never like to see the Cowboys win, but the Bucs were one of the...let's say bottom 5 teams to ever play a playoff game.  

The secret to beating Tom Brady has never really been a secret. You've got to get in his face, and more to the point you've got to hit him. Repeatedly. When teams have been able to do that, Brady has struggled. The problem is that Brady has, or has had, excellent field presence and a very quick release, which makes it hard to get to him.

Now, concerning the Cowboys: While I admit that I have never coached organized football at any level, I can't help but think that the Cowboys coaching staff ought to dedicate a little time to two point conversions this coming week.

From ESPN:

On Tuesday, the Buccaneers said in a statement that Gage was kept in the hospital overnight for testing and observation after "suffering a neck injury and concussion." They said he "has had movement in all extremities and will continue to undergo additional testing."

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

I figure, live dangerously.  Tomorrow you might have to watch a Bronco game replay.