• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

One of the items that I bought on Amazon Prime day was scheduled to arrive Sunday, but ended up on my doorstep today. It's a big and heavy box, with a 300 page instruction book and 1872 pieces, including some Lego plutonium and whitewall tires.

screen-shot-2022-03-20-at-11-04-52-am-16

Does it come with alternate pieces so you can build the different versions of the DeLorean?  Are there plans for any Hill Valley playsets?

12 minutes ago, wcw43921 said:

Does it come with alternate pieces so you can build the different versions of the DeLorean?  Are there plans for any Hill Valley playsets?

It does come with alternate pieces so that you can customize to each movie's car, but there's no plans that I know of for a Hill Valley playset. The actual car would be a bit larger than the minifigure scale, it's closer to the size of their old Model Team sets. The flux capacitor is a light-up brick, and the wheels do tilt for hover mode, as well.

10300.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&quali

On 7/22/2023 at 1:16 AM, Ternaugh said:

One of the items that I bought on Amazon Prime day was scheduled to arrive Sunday, but ended up on my doorstep today. It's a big and heavy box, with a 300 page instruction book and 1872 pieces, including some Lego plutonium and whitewall tires.

"Heavy".  Heh.  I see what you did there.

"Why are things so heavy in the future?  Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?"

(On a side note:  As I was typing in the quote, as soon as I got to "Earth" my laptop automatically filled in the last two words.  I approve.)

LEGO is a wonderful source of everything.

As for my toys:  Four images of Jada Toys' Nano Metalfigs.  Diecast solid metal figs from multiple lines: GI Joe, TMNT, DC, Marvel (pictured), Minecraft, Harry Potter, Walking Dead, WWE, Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers, and possibly others I don't recall.  About 5 CM high & wide, slightly too large to use as minis.  But it doesn't stop me from trying, and there's a aftermarket of cusomized figs.

image.jpeg.702d31d7bdba1a76e742d305ce096621.jpegimage.jpeg.8d19a971fbae36406c7d10903a6b1c96.jpegimage.jpeg.c5b2e6bfbc3b0dffdf2094bd8f9d9509.jpeg

image.jpeg.8b6e599a157d383282823b2f4b166b3c.jpeg

And in the US, they retail for about $1 a fig, though they're sold in 18 or 20 packs now.

• 4 weeks later...

For activating the glow in the dark material in some dice:

dice-charger.jpgdice-charger.jpg

Unsurprisingly, it works best with Q Workshop dice, but the Chessex Luminary dice also work particularly well with a few extra shakes. It does not work well with cheaper glow in the dark dice, as I don't think that the light stays on long enough to penetrate the die material. The light unit is an insert that fits into the cap, and it requires 3 AAA batteries (I'm using Amazon rechargeable batteries in mine, and it seems to work fine). A little screwdriver comes with it to remove the two very small screws that hold the battery cover on. 

The cup is significantly larger (and heavier) than the regular leather Q Workshop cups, and it's priced about $30-35 higher than those (list price is $65 on Amazon and Q Workshop).