Where is YOUR camapign?

Ghost Archer

The Portland Metro Team nicknamed "Stumptown Supers" is based in Portland, Oregon.

Previous games I was either in or ran:

Protectors, originally Boston, but soon with franchises in Chicago and SF.

FIST was a previous SF game.

The Mariners were also SF.

Furies were New York.

We had a NATO team out of Brussels with heroes from NATO countries.

The SE Asia game wound up based somewhere in the Phillipines IIRC. Thai, Vietnam, Phillipines, Australia, Japan, Micronesia, and New Zealand were all represented. (I think I'm missing a couple other countries...)

My Golden Age campaign which was the prehistory of my Portland game was all over WWII.

One city was Sam Bell's "Campaign City". It was kind of based in the Champions Universe. Campaign City had it all, ancient ruins, jungles, mountains, swamps, etc... right in the suburbs.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Guys, Incorporated, had headquarters in New York, with a main branch in Nueva Madrid, built on the ashes of old Madrid after an alien invasion. Nueva Madrid hosted the world's only commercial spaceport, and Spain was rapidly becoming the world's economic leader.

The Gateway Guardians are based in "The Gateway to the West" St. Louis, MO. The Gateway Arch is actually a site of mystic power and has attracted much weirdness over the years. Unbeknownst to most people (including the players :) ) the Arch was designed by a slightly insane engineer who dabbled in magic. He used special materials in the construction that he thought would help attract mystic energies. He was correct. However, he was incorrect in thinking that he could control said energies and he died, of what most people think was a heart attack, right after it's completion.

Originally posted by Monolith

In my spare time I am writing the background for the fictional city of New Cairo, based at the southern tip of Illinois.

Speaking as someone who lives in southern Illinois, don't go breaking too much stuff. :P:D

SAW

Originally posted by SAW

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my spare time I am writing the background for the fictional city of New Cairo, based at the southern tip of Illinois.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking as someone who lives in southern Illinois, don't go breaking too much stuff. :P:D

SAW

In Trinity City, I did. Old Cairo (where Cairo is R/W) was sunk beneath the converging rivers by a freak earthquake in September 1945 (the fact that there was a superbattle occurring in Old Cairo that included a seismic-powered super has not been confirmed as being related to the disaster). In the 1980s, on the site of Old Cairo, a massive combination artificial island/building was constructed. Officially named Government Island (because it was intended to house the city government of Trinity City), it has come to be popularly known as Trinity Island, and it is the location of not only city government, but Federal government offices (including a PRIMUS base), various nations consulates, and UNTIL's North American Regional Headquarters (moved there in 1993-94, after the U.S> signed the Tribunal Treaty).

The Super League opperates out of its Orbital Space Station "The Lighthouse" located at the L-5 Lagrange point.

The group has a global sphere of operations facing threats to life and freedom on a world-wide scale.

Almost all of the group's heroes fight crime in their home cities when not on League buisness.

Paragon - patrols Africa from his Secret Fortress atop Mount Kilamenjaro.

Dark Knight - Prowls the back alleys of his native Chicago.

The Amazon - Defends all of Greece from her island home in the Aegean.

The shapeshiting alien dubbed Proteus has no set home and resides in the Lighthouse full time.

Lightbringer - protects his home on the island of New Los Angeles (Earthquake Caused by Dr. Desrtoyer) from both Crime and Natural Disaster.

Raptor - the genetically-engineered Human/Avian hybrid patrolls the American Northwest from his Aviary in Seattle.

Speed - Spends his time cleaning up his home town of Phildelphia (when he's not on the verge of getting fired from his job as an English Teacher in an Inner City high school).

The Ravagers (well, that's what the press dubbed them anyway), the villains my PC's are running, operate from Butler County Ohio (between Cincinnati & Dayton). This puts them distressingly close to the Justice Battalion (pro-Registration Act good guys), which operates out of a refurbished Union Terminal in Cincinnati -- as well as to the main branch of the Defiants Proper (anti-Registration Act good guys), which exists to the north.

Originally posted by Peregrine

Having seen that I am not the only one to put a city at that location, I can only say that Trinity City's history diverges in the 19th century.

It is strange that two of us would pick the same location. Of course I have never actually been there, but it seemed like a good spot for a "Super City."

For the campaign that I have run/plan to run, I wanted an area that I could

totally control, without fear of being contradicted by a book or a player.

So I looked at a map and after choosing and discarding several choices, I noticed an island. The island called the Isle d'Anticosti in the St Lawrance Seaway.

A little edit of history, and I had the Federal city of Liberty.

Philippines & Bay City

My Metro Manila campaign "Champions of Manila" features the Philippine team attached to the metahuman agency called FREELancers Philippines. This is directly lifted from the Top Secret/SI campaign also known as FREELancers.

My Bay Area campaign "Champions of Bay City" features the parent organization FREELancers (West Coast).

Neither has an official team name. All 'secret ID's' are assigned code names for operatives.

my upcoming campaign is in Terminal City, the local nickname for Vancouver, B.C. Most of my campaigns have been in Vancouver. I live here, it makes it easy to remember where everything is. :)

Previous to that, it was Genericopolis (A typical big city), the largest city on an island in the central Pacific.

The Protectors started in late 1984 in London. They spread to encompass Manchester in the North East and Newcastle in the North West. They operated worldwide and off planet when needed.

The Pride of London were a local police team in London.

The 17 is what I am working on now. They are the UN team and operate world wide. They do have a special incursion unit which is not part of the 17 proper. And a backing agency. No UNTIL, no VIPER, no Takofenes, no Crown of Krim, no Tyrannon and no dimensional Queen whatever. Probably no Doc Destroyer as is.

Originally posted by lemming

The Portland Metro Team nicknamed "Stumptown Supers" is based in Portland, Oregon.

Previous games I was either in or ran:

Protectors, originally Boston, but soon with franchises in Chicago and SF.

FIST was a previous SF game.

The Mariners were also SF.

Furies were New York.

We had a NATO team out of Brussels with heroes from NATO countries.

The SE Asia game wound up based somewhere in the Phillipines IIRC. Thai, Vietnam, Phillipines, Australia, Japan, Micronesia, and New Zealand were all represented. (I think I'm missing a couple other countries...)

My Golden Age campaign which was the prehistory of my Portland game was all over WWII.

One city was Sam Bell's "Campaign City". It was kind of based in the Champions Universe. Campaign City had it all, ancient ruins, jungles, mountains, swamps, etc... right in the suburbs.

That's wild, I played in a game where our team was called the Protectors. We started in Boston and later started a second campaign where the team was based in San Fran. The Midwest team was based in River City (Detroit) though.

Other teams include:

Shadow Force -- Upstate New York, I forget the city's name, same place as KFC headquarters.

Aegis -- Central City: A fictionalized version of Chicago. (Current Game)

ICE -- International team based in Iceland.

Ninja Strike Force Takashi (Ok, so they never really had an official group name): Took place in cyberpunk Detroit.

There were more, but those lasted the longest and had actual set locations.

The Justice Force has been active in Detroit City since 1983. The current time of the campaign is 1988.

The other teams of this campaign are: The Birds of Prey, who operate in Boulder, Colorado. This team is soon to be defunct. There is also Heroes At Large, a hero for hire team that operates out of Hollywood, California. Finally, there is the Justice Force West, an NPC team of heroes operating in Los Angeles.

Acroyear II

I've played in quite a few groups and a large number of campaigns in the 20+ years that I've been playing Champions. In the begining we mostly put our heroes in NYC, we were all Marvel readers and New York is pretty much Hero Central in that Universe so we went with that.

As time went on we started setting our campaigns in the city we were gaming in, Worcester MA, it was home for most of us and everyone was reasonably familiar with it, which made describing things a lot easier. After a while we decided that Worcester was just too small for a super-team and started using Boston instead, although we still used Worcester for small one-on-one campaigns. There was one campaign that bucked the trend and was set in Houston TX (a place the none of us had ever been to), don't look at me, it wasn't my idea and no one asked my opinion.

When Justice, Not Law introduced us to Hudson City we moved our street-level campaigns there. By then we were only using two settings: Boston and Hudson City (which we placed in CT by the way).

I'm hoping to get a new campaign started using Millennium City, unfortunately except for that silly card game whose name I wll not mention :D gaming is kinda dead around here nowadays. So it may never happen but I keep hoping.

It is strange that two of us would pick the same location. Of course I have never actually been there, but it seemed like a good spot for a "Super City."

I've never been there either; the route from Atlanta to St. Louis goes close, depending on which way you go from the end of I-24, but I've always bypassed it. I was drawn to it by the 'transportation crossroads' aspect of two major rivers converging. Add 19th century rail lines and, voila! Burgeoning metropolis.

And the whole Earthquake of '45 thing wasn't my idea. It was my co-developer's, who is an old Army buddy of mine.

The Last Resort is located in the fictional city of Patriot City. We are wrapping up the campaing, and our next one will be located in the fictional city of Paragon City, on the former site of Topeka, Kansas.

I dumped Patriot City becuase of the Freedom Force game.

Originally posted by Peregrine

I was drawn to it by the 'transportation crossroads' aspect of two major rivers converging. Add 19th century rail lines and, voila! Burgeoning metropolis.

That is the same reason I choose it. River transportation going up and down the Mississippi and Ohio, railway traffic crisscrossing the center of the country, and Franklin Stone trying to control it all. It seemed like a perfect match. :)

I chose to use the Flood of '93 because it happens after the Battle of Detroit. Seemed like a good time for Franklin Stone to make his move, since he somewhat missed his chance in MC.

In my spare time I am writing the background for the fictional city of New Cairo, based at the southern tip of Illinois. The great flood of '93 erased the town of Cairo from the map, so Franklin Stone, feeling he missed an opportunity in Millennium City, bought up all the property, used advanced technology to levy out the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers, and began founding his own city.

That is a really cool idea!

Over ten years or so, I've ran FORCE, The Night Shift & The Hollywood Knights out of Los Angeles.

For DC Heroes, I created Steel City. Located in Central Pennsylvania, it is a midpoint between Philly and Pittsburgh and a powerful Mafia powerbase.

My 5th edition campaign will be set in Chicago per 5th CU. My first campaign in my hometown!

Well, we play in Northern Virginia (DC 'burbs), so we're Team NOVA, which seemed darn appropriate until I thought I saw a Nova team in the Champions book. I also saw somewhere a deeply disturbing reference to a character named "Tesseract", which until then I thought was an incredibly inventive and unique name for my character.

Stupid @#$@#!! continuity.