Favorite Low Level Villains

Metaphysician

I'm not yet very familiar with the Champions Universe.

From the Marvel Universe: Scorpion. Definitely Scorpion. He's a distinct kind of imbecile, not brainless but just weird. There was a wonderful issue where he ends up in the wilderness fighting a pack of wild dogs, and the whole time he's pondering the social ambidguities involved in Popeye.

Plus, he has one of my favorite supervillain quotes ever: "Can't think... so angry..."

Patrick J McGraw

Most of the villains from the old 'CLOWN' supplement are way better than average as far as Champions is concerned. The following are the stand outs:

Tag - on paper he looks like just another brick but he's awesome fun to play. Just watch PCs tagging each other so he'll go for whoever is 'it' :P

TEEHEE - possibly the finest piece of vehicle design of all time :D

From the old 'Red Doom' supplement, the duplicating character Soyuz Proletariatski(?) has to be the most unique (pun intended). Not only the ultimate expression of Communism but the ultimate perplex-the-players character. Just how do you handle a villain who produces 1000+ duplicates of himself :confused:

My players love Foxbat's crazy schemes and Oculon's whining. It'll be a sad day when we switch over to the competent Oculon from VIPER: CotS. Heck, I may have to juggle the whole Dragon Branch just to keep Oculon the loser.

Oh, and Armadillo's psych lims 'In love with his own suit' and 'Declares his intentions before acting in combat' endear him ightily to the players.

Sadly, there are no female PCs on my team to truly give an appreciation of Bulldozer. And Blowtorch, that likeable loser, is significantly deadlier in CKC.

I don't consider 400-500 pts 'Low level' but to answer the question:

Oculon (Enemies 2 version), Foxbat, Fire & Ice, Icicle, Terror Inc, the Geodesics (great fun to have an entire team beat on a hero and the hero shrugs them off), Razor & Rage (a duo team I created, each at about 260 pts).. well, lots of villains from Hero Games and even more I created. :)

Originally posted by Metaphysician

400-500 is within the "low level" range for villains, since even a 500 point villain shouldn't pose too big a threat to a team of five 350 point heroes on his own, usually.

I would follow-up here by saying that 38 villains in CKC are built on 400 points or less. And not to be contrary to your opinion, but Ankylosaur gave my players quite a fight, and he's only a 350 point villain. :)

I like anklosaur myself, but with the OIF armours hes more like 500pts

Personally ive got alot of milage out of Occulon, gave him implanted demon eyes , and the demon wants them back. he took over GRAB nicked some decent armour 12pd12ed and developed leadership and tactics skill. He knows hes a loser thats why he needs his team, without them hes nothing.

Had a 75pt MP deadly and effective, cyclops with no morals.