The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Ghost Archer: Your situation is unlikely to improve. But if it makes you feel any better, it would almost certainly be the same in any large organization or corporation, not just the federal government. But I applaud your efforts to actually get things done despite the system.

Someone here has a potted plant with an infestation of irritating little black flies. They are tiny' date=' with bodies smaller than the working sphere of a ball-point pen, and silent. If they stayed with the plant, I wouldn't care, but they spend altogether too much time around my face.[/quote']

May be over watering it. But yes, annoying.

Guest kawaii gin neko

i'm cranky this morning because i know i should take my medicine, but i don't want to!

don't wanna! don't wanna! don't wanna!!! *stomps, throws hissy fit*

Guest kawaii gin neko

i'm cranky because it takes 6 minutes for the oven to get up to temp, and then another 16 min to bake cookies.

that's 21 MINUTES of waiting for happiness!!! >.<

edit: haha, 22 minutes. ^^

Guest kawaii gin neko

What kind of cookies?

homemade chocolate chip. ^_^ i make massive quantities of dough and then roll it into a long roll and freeze it. and THEN, i can have REAL cookies whenever i please!

i also have peanut butter, butter and sugar cookie dough ready for baking.

*is one smart kitty* ^^

Guest kawaii gin neko

Oo' date=' that sounds good. But I can't have any; we're still trying to finish the creme de menthe cake we made over the weekend. I can just feel the fat in my midsection expanding.[/quote']

^^ my greatest weakness is chess pie. i try sooo hard to not bake it, ever, cause i know i'll end up hoarding it...but the bakery a half block away has the BEST chess tarts! ;_; they're so evil there!

Guest kawaii gin neko

Hmm. 15 years together and apparently I was a friggin' charity case.

O.o oh...oh my...

*super snuggles*

i'm cranky cause i'm frisky and its rude to wake someone up two nights in a row, isn't it? ~_~ dang it...

I'm cranky because my Evolutionary Genetics Class is evil.

Even after spending 23 hours on the take home exam and getting an A I will still have to work my *** off to get a B. Why must every week be a 6 hour problem set of excel programming and 100,000 generation heterozygosity graphing PLUS a paper on a scientific paper that has to be read 3 times and backwards to be understood?

This weeks paper....

Inbreeding depression influences lifetime breeding success in a wild population of red deer

Trust me, it's even less thrilling to read than it sounds...

I'm cranky because my Evolutionary Genetics Class is evil.

Even after spending 23 hours on the take home exam and getting an A I will still have to work my *** off to get a B. Why must every week be a 6 hour problem set of excel programming and 100,000 generation heterozygosity graphing PLUS a paper on a scientific paper that has to be read 3 times and backwards to be understood?

This weeks paper....

Inbreeding depression influences lifetime breeding success in a wild population of red deer

Trust me, it's even less thrilling to read than it sounds...

Is that the group of protected deer in Arizona who had a population explosion and die off a while back?

Is that the group of protected deer in Arizona who had a population explosion and die off a while back?

nah, it's about the Isle of Rum deer in Scotland. I wish they were dieing off. Instead I get to read about thier LBS and about how even though the experimenters KNEW that the mean d-squared test for heterosis was USELESS for microsatilite data because no one has any clue how the microsatillite mutation process works they still used it anyway. Hah, and they wondered why there was no corrolation, they don't even know what they are measuring!

Silly scientists should have looked into quantitative trait loci analysis, but no!

(sorry, just venting because they were dumb and I'm currently writing my paper for the class tomorrow)