The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Thanks to Alice and L. Marcus and other well-wishers who shall remain nameless. Like flowers in a hospital room' date=' your sympathetic notes and encouragement [i']do[/i] actually brighten things up, and I appreciate them.

I was just venting on the thread...so receiving sympathetic responses was a definite bonus (and believe it or not, unexpected).

Depending on how Infusion #3 affects me, I may be absent from the HERO Board for a while, starting tomorrow. No, I won't be avoiding all of you, just busy being sicky-yuck blah.

I hope the infusion goes well, and that you feel better.

I'm STILL in awe of the fact that you're merely cranky about that. I'd have a much stronger word for what I was feeling, were our situations reversed.

The problem at work right now is that we're short a couple of managers at this time. One has been sick the last two days; the other found another job. So scheduling has been a problem, because it's being done by less experienced people. They scheduled me to work an hour early yesterday; I had already told them a dozen times not to do that because I'm training for my 2nd Dan test, and I need the extra trianing time. I arrived at the office a little early (or so I thought) and noticed I was already late for my shift.

Today, the schedule was a mess again. Whenever we thought we had everything were covered, another problem popped up. Of course, Murphy's Law kicked in, and whatever could go wrong did. We did our best to keep the chaos to a minimum.

I stayed after my shift ended (as usual) to tie up a few loose ends. Then I realized as I was leaving: Today was my sixth anniversary on this job. Hell of a way to spend it.

The office was painted over the weekend. The painters made a mess of everything. There's paint on the carpet, and everything smells. Worse, the painters messed up the computer system, and we didn't have internet access all day. Someone had to come in to restore our system.

And things are still a mess. People don't know what they're doing, and every day there's a problem with scheduling. We're understaffed. I'm going to throw my hat in for a managerial position, but I'm not holding my breath. After all, I've been there for six years now, and I have nothing to show for it.

Between work and my upcoming promotion test, no wonder I'm stressed out. I nearly puked earlier tonight because I'm so stressed out.

Guest kawaii gin neko

Sorry to hear it' date=' how so?[/quote']

well, apparently, my posts here are being monitored for...actually, i dunno WHY they're being monitored, they just are. *shrugs*

and i know this cause someone who isn't even ON the boards posted a bunch of my posts FROM here on their lj...i was like "wha?"

~_~ someone is trying to kill the bounce that is da neko.

well, apparently, my posts here are being monitored for...actually, i dunno WHY they're being monitored, they just are. *shrugs*

and i know this cause someone who isn't even ON the boards posted a bunch of my posts FROM here on their lj...i was like "wha?"

~_~ someone is trying to kill the bounce that is da neko.

They have to be a member, or they can't view the NGD. They may not be posting here, but they have to be a registered member.

Guest kawaii gin neko

They have to be a member' date=' or they can't view the NGD. They may not be [i']posting[/i] here, but they have to be a registered member.

OR they could have a registered member in their pocket.

the person who posted stuff is someone who was, last i heard, banned from here.

and with good reason, apparently!

^^

its cool though, i handled it. ^_^ and they picked the wrong person to try to get rough with. ^_~

Guest kawaii gin neko

Well' date=' hopefully there's nothing said here you wouldn't say elsewhere, that simplifies it. Good luck.[/quote']

domo. ^_^ and yeah, seeing as how my own husband reads these boards, its not like there's anything BAD anywhere...

the whole thing is really, really silly.

For my own cranky contribution....

One of the sore points concerning my breakup of several months back was that I was spending to much time on the boards.

So I've been taking a break, and now that we seem to be back together, I'm gonna take it VERY easy on here.

Funny thing tho... the boy she dated for the couple of months we were apart was FAR more of a R/T gamer than I am, and she got to discover what being a gamer widow is REALLY like (Chatting with her on IM on a saturday night because she was sitting home alone "I wanted to go out, but its game night")

My cranky update.

My ex girlfriend, who broke up with her gamer boy, got a job and moved several hours away.

Now she's vehement about NOT being considered a couple, as we live too far apart, and I don't have enough of a "LIFE" to warrant her seriously considering me as a potential partner. Mind you... she doesn't want to date others... she just doesn't want to be consider dating me.

I'm good enough to shag her to take care of her needs, but not good enough for a real emotional connection.

And nothing I've done to improve myself, or start a new more "grown up" carrier than running my own buisness has made even a lick of difference to her.

She wants me to go it solo, get out of where I'm living and get my own place and a REAL job. Like she did. Except that the only way shes managed to do so is through the beneveloence of friends. Shes staying someplace where she currently pays no rent, set up by the same friend who offered her the job she's working at, that she never would have gotten had she not been friends with the boss.

My lack of people I can cry to to get my life in order translates into being less sucessful than her how?

Oh... and during the time we were together she frequently and loudly proclaimed how much she disliked both gaming and ren faires.

I did everyhting I could to show her that neither were inherently bad. She got into faire breifly, got into trouble and decided that it sucked.

Now that shes in a new place, every weekend we haven't gotten together that she hasn't been working shes either gone to a Faire or gamed. because thats what her new friends do, I guess. Perhaps I should be flattered... maybe its a sign she misses me.

Or maybe she just hated them to be contrary.

I am heartsick and confused.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest... It kept creeping into my head everytime I see Enforcers sigline...

I don't have a girlfriend; I just know a girl who will get really mad if she hears me say that.- Mitch Hedberg - RIP

My cranky update.

My ex girlfriend, who broke up with her gamer boy, got a job and moved several hours away.

Now she's vehement about NOT being considered a couple, as we live too far apart, and I don't have enough of a "LIFE" to warrant her seriously considering me as a potential partner. Mind you... she doesn't want to date others... she just doesn't want to be consider dating me.

I'm good enough to shag her to take care of her needs, but not good enough for a real emotional connection.

And nothing I've done to improve myself, or start a new more "grown up" carrier than running my own buisness has made even a lick of difference to her.

She wants me to go it solo, get out of where I'm living and get my own place and a REAL job. Like she did. Except that the only way shes managed to do so is through the beneveloence of friends. Shes staying someplace where she currently pays no rent, set up by the same friend who offered her the job she's working at, that she never would have gotten had she not been friends with the boss.

My lack of people I can cry to to get my life in order translates into being less sucessful than her how?

Oh... and during the time we were together she frequently and loudly proclaimed how much she disliked both gaming and ren faires.

I did everyhting I could to show her that neither were inherently bad. She got into faire breifly, got into trouble and decided that it sucked.

Now that shes in a new place, every weekend we haven't gotten together that she hasn't been working shes either gone to a Faire or gamed. because thats what her new friends do, I guess. Perhaps I should be flattered... maybe its a sign she misses me.

Or maybe she just hated them to be contrary.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest... It kept creeping into my head everytime I see Enforcers sigline...

damn, sounds like the kind of thing someone I used to know would do...

We sometimes refer to her as "the Demon Woman" who went through my friends like a bad cold.

I'm good enough to shag her to take care of her needs' date=' but not good enough for a real emotional connection.[/quote']

I hate to make an insensitive joke, but... part of me wonders what the problem is here.

Well, FWIW I'm sick of being constantly nagged to take out the trash, called on my cell for the most trivial of daily occurrences, and interrupted any time I try to read a book because I'm 'obviously' not doing anything important. The greenness of the grass is proportional to distance.

I hate to make an insensitive joke' date=' but... part of me wonders what the problem is here.[/quote']

If I were a typical guy, I guess it wouldn't be a problem. But at the risk of sounding girly, I need a bit more than that. If all I wanted was poontang, I could go to a professional.

Well, no, I couldn't 'cause I'm too frugal and broke... but you get the idea.

Well' date=' FWIW I'm sick of being constantly nagged to take out the trash, called on my cell for the most trivial of daily occurrences, and interrupted any time I try to read a book because I'm 'obviously' not doing anything important. The greenness of the grass is proportional to distance.[/quote']

I've been there too, and while not fun, I'll take the annoyances of domestic post-bliss ennui over this kinda deal. at least I have a pretty good idea how to spice up a life thats gotten bland. What I can't deal with is continual uncertainty.