The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I'm sick of my life.

I am bored and probably boring.

I have no job, and probably never will again. My last one ended in 1990 and I've worked a total of six months since then. In two different stores. (UGH Retail !)

I have no social life outside of Karate class and gaming and this board.

I don't even have girlfriends to call. All my friends are guys and guys don't chit chat. And only two are within semi-close driving/calling distance.

So I'm bored.

I wish I drank, so I could do that. But I can't.

Middle age sucks. I used to be so wild and crazy.

I'm 43 going on 80.

:help:

I'm sick of my life.

I have no job, and probably never will again. My last one ended in 1990 and I've worked a total of six months since then. In two different stores. (UGH Retail !)

I don't even have girlfriends to call. All my friends are guys and guys don't chit chat. And only two are within semi-close driving/calling distance.

So I'm bored.

I'm 43 going on 80.

Gods, darlin'

Sounds like me, only with various numbers and sexes changed in a madlib like fashion.

I feel your pain.

If you have free long distance I'm usually available for a chit chat :D

(living in CA, however, it might get pricey using normal phones)

Do you mean the character or the series? In either case' date=' why?[/quote']

Spoiler of sorts

The character.

Apparently a storyline called "Evolve or Die" has Peter with a terminal condition.

Of course, Marvel isn't so stupid as to truly kill him off, and I'm only reading some of it because I have a subscription to "Amazing Spider-Man" and it is running through all the spider titles (*cough*gimmick!*cough*) which I won't be getting, but I'm sure Marvel will tout it as one of those "and his world will never be the same" things. If it is anything like the children of Gwen and Osborn thing the 'changes' will likely go ignored.

I hope it runs its course soon.

I'm sick of my life.

So I'm bored.

If you're that bored I have a couple of cars for you to wash and a bathroom that needs scrubbing. Oh, and the fish tank needs to be cleaned, and the dishes need to be put away. For extra credit you can go through the hallway closet and clean it up.

I'm sick of my life.

So I'm bored.

I'm 43 going on 80.

I went straight from 15 to 80.

That's the way it goes.

For what it's worth, I think ye are keen.

I'm sick of my life.

So I'm bored.

I'm 43 going on 80.

Well, I have free long distance on my aging cellphone*, so if you need to chat, let me know and I can call you "on my nickel", as it were.

(* "Aging" means the battery doesn't hold out for more than about an hour of talk-time anymore, and I desperately need a new battery, but it's not in the budget right now.)

. . . I am bored and probably boring . . .

Well, this part I can adress directly: Boring? Hell no! You know, I've known some pretty boring people - some of them quite dull indeed! - and you are not even close to being boring at all.

So come on, that's at least one point struck from the list!

So I just got back from a weekend 'vacation' at a nice resort, and now I desperately need a vacation. I couldn't really pass it up since the hotel was paid for... but travelling with a three-month-old who doesn't even sleep through the night yet is, shall we say, less than relaxing.

Oh, and it's expensive, even when the hotel is free. Old Man buys breakfast at the hotel cafe: one overpriced glazed donut, $2.50. Old Lady buys breakfast at the hotel cafe: Belgian waffles with whipped cream and blueberries, fresh fruit platter, strawberry parfait, blended fruit juice: $20.00. And what must Old Lady do on every trip? Shopping!

Just giving you a hard time Bazz. :)
I know. :)

Why are so many talents curses?

Whine whine whine!

Because for a stable society everybody has a unique gift that the rest don't have and have to use it to better said society. The talent itself is a gift from God, using it everyday in a boring menial way is the curse.

Happy to answer your rhetorical question. :D

I don't. There isn't a single thing I can do where I can actually say I'm talented. I'm better-than-average at some things' date=' but nothing where I'm outstanding in that field.[/quote']

Maybe not, but I think everyone has unique ways of doing things. Unique GMing or unique playing or unique writing or unique interests or collection thereof or particular nuance thereof.

I don't. There isn't a single thing I can do where I can actually say I'm talented. I'm better-than-average at some things' date=' but nothing where I'm outstanding in that field.[/quote'] So what you are saying is that you are uniquely mediocre? :P:D (joking)