The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Figures this would happen a month before I'm scheduled to take my 2nd Dan test.

Edit: I don't think it's all that serious. It may just be a pinced nerve. I just realized I don't exactly remember how long it has been going on (probably not as long as I claimed at first), except I've been experiencing it almost every day for a while now and it seems like forever. I can still use my hand when writing or working out. It just feels weird.

Thanks for the concern though, Tim.

Edit: I don't think it's all that serious. It may just be a pinced nerve. I just realized I don't exactly remember how long it has been going on (probably not as long as I claimed at first)' date=' except I've been experiencing it almost every day for a while now and it seems like forever. I can still use my hand when writing or working out. It just feels weird.[/quote']

It is almost certainly a pinched nerve from sleeping funny. However, a true story: I once knew a guy who woke up one morning, and his leg was all tingly. He was irritated but went on about his day. As the week wore on, however, the tingling did not get better. In fact, it got worse. It spread to his arm and hand, and then gave way to numbness, and then one morning he couldn't move his leg. Off to the hospital, where an MRI revealed that he was having the tiniest of strokes in his brain stem. Inoperable.

After a couple months the clot went away and he regained the use of that side of his body.

You know' date=' if the trainer isn't going to train the new people, at least do some of the work so I can train them.[/quote']

I'd happily train people. My boss suggested it during my last performance review.

And thanks to all showing their concern. I will see a doctor about it ASAP.

It is currently 44 degrees fahrenheit outside, with the wind chill bringing it down to 35. Even with our new curtains and plastic coating on the windows, Josh's and my heat was kicking on about every 20 minutes this morning. So why, in the name of all that is holy, was the heat OFF this morning when I got into work?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

When I took on Josh's PbP temporarily, I didn't realize that meant holding the hand of and spoonfeeding one player while she accused me of railroading her whenever I tried to get her to, say, reply to what an NPC just asked, or say how she spends a 3-day period (after trampling all over the 3 plot hooks I sent her way).

Grr.

Guest kawaii gin neko

i'm grumpy cause i can't afford fishnets on gaia...

i chose to invest instead.

~_~ i hate delayed gratification...bleh...

Cranky Rant (you've been warned)

I'm cranky because I have to go into to the hospital tomorrow and have an IV infusion of Novantrone, a chemotherapy drug which may have some beneficial effects in slowing the progression of Multiple Sclerosis, but definitely will make me sick and groggy for about the next week.

I'm cranky because the most honest of my neurologists admit they have no idea what causes MS, how or if it will progress in my case and which of the possible treatments will actually help me. They also admit to having no idea why the treatments that do work, work. The less honest doctors just double-talk and fabricate out of whole cloth; anything to avoid admitting ignorance.

I'm cranky because I have MS, my best friend has MS, and nobody has any idea where it's going to go from here. Will one or both of us be blind, crippled, imbecilic, incontinent or f*cking DEAD a year from now?

I'm cranky because I'm being treated for depression and have no idea what I'm supposed to be trying to do to recover. How can I "try something" when I'm crippled by a fear of failure that makes it hard to even leave the m*therf*cking house? How am I supposed to choose "something" to try, when the horror of making the "wrong choice" blocks me before I can even review my options?

Being less than perfect is not a capital crime -- and yet somehow it is, for me. And if I want to avoid doing something poorly -- avoid a less than perfect performance -- then it's safer not to do anything at all. And I'm cranky because I can't live this way any more, but I'm frightened and confused about trying to change.

I'm cranky because I've signed up for a health/fitness club and I've only been there once in the last fortnight. I've had good reasons every time, but the upshot is still that I haven't been going.

I'm cranky becaue I lie to myself, I make up excuses that convince other people -- but I always know I'm lying.

And tonight, I'm especially cranky because a close friend has better things to do than talk to me. And actually he does, as a matter of fact, and that's part of the problem.

I'm cranky because I know I'm a fraud. Though I've wished to be dead many times, and even though I have hesitation marks on my wrist, I never really intended to kill myself. I just wanted some way, any way, out of an intolerable situation. And I'm cranky because my "intolerable situation" involves what other people would see as blessings; a loving, supportive husband, comfortable affluence, the leisure to do whatever I want, intelligence, education and a gift for creative writing. Whatever I want. Hah! I have no idea what I want.

And so I'm a bit cranky tonight.

And you're merely cranky, with all that on your plate?

Wow.

I admit I don't know a whole heck of a lot about MS, but I do know it makes it harder to get out and get moving. So that DOES make it a bit difficult to follow that suggestion. But at its core, the idea of getting up and getting out of your house as a treatment for depression is a good one.

My suggestion is to start with small steps. Make a goal, then outline all the little things that need to get done in order to reach that goal. Then take your time fulfilling all the little steps necessary. Don't pay much attention to the end goal; you'll get there eventually. And set very small, realistic goals. It's the old adage about learning to walk before you can run.

Um . . . I hope things look better for you tomorrow. Or today, even.

Guest kawaii gin neko

its not much, but i'm cranky cause i had a horrible nightmare...

and then i got asked "oh, honey, what's wrong?" by my daddy's bestfriend...who has cancer...so i said "oh, nothing!"

~_~

Thanks to Alice and L. Marcus and other well-wishers who shall remain nameless. Like flowers in a hospital room, your sympathetic notes and encouragement do actually brighten things up, and I appreciate them.

I was just venting on the thread...so receiving sympathetic responses was a definite bonus (and believe it or not, unexpected).

Depending on how Infusion #3 affects me, I may be absent from the HERO Board for a while, starting tomorrow. No, I won't be avoiding all of you, just busy being sicky-yuck blah.

Thanks to Alice and L. Marcus and other well-wishers who shall remain nameless. Like flowers in a hospital room' date=' your sympathetic notes and encouragement [i']do[/i] actually brighten things up, and I appreciate them.

I was just venting on the thread...so receiving sympathetic responses was a definite bonus (and believe it or not, unexpected).

Depending on how Infusion #3 affects me, I may be absent from the HERO Board for a while, starting tomorrow. No, I won't be avoiding all of you, just busy being sicky-yuck blah.

I'm a bit late on the well wishing, but good luck to you.

Thanks to Alice and L. Marcus and other well-wishers who shall remain nameless. Like flowers in a hospital room' date=' your sympathetic notes and encouragement [i']do[/i] actually brighten things up, and I appreciate them.

Good luck and God Bless you.

I hope the treatments do you good, my aunt has had mixed results in the last decade or so with Her MS. She has been coming to the NW yearly from Shreveport, so she is functioning though it is worse some days than others.

I wish you only well,

Greg

Best of luck, Haven!

As for my predicament, I did see the doctor today. He thinks it may be arthritis, or I've been overdoing it during my workout. I am testing for my 2nd Dan on the 19th of November, and part of the requirement is doing 100 pushups in 3 minutes. I may have overexerted myself.

Still, he gave me some medicine just to be safe. You know you're getting old when your doctor prescribes Celebrex! :(