The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

So what are you going to do when V3 becomes V3.01 or V3.5 or V4 etc. Will you still be using V2?

I'll probably wait longer and read reviews and comments from folks about said versions before making up my mind so blindly. Until now, almost every upgrade from Firefox has seemed a no brainer, I said "sure" and got a better product.

This time, I didn't get that better product.

Lesson learned on my part.

I'll google searches for "I hate (Fill in version)" and see what their reasons are first, get advice from the NGD, that sort of thing

I look like I haven't slept in a week. And I'm always tired and have no energy. It takes me hours to wake up and I can barely drag myself up the stairs to the bathroom or bed.

I think this is what the bottom feels like. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you soon.

I look like I haven't slept in a week. And I'm always tired and have no energy. It takes me hours to wake up and I can barely drag myself up the stairs to the bathroom or bed.

I think this is what the bottom feels like. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you soon.

ditto. hope you feel better soon. *good vibes sent*

Re: not often I get this cranky.

bloddy ^@^&$ :mad: MS and their POS software. what is worse than Zippy? Activating Windoze. you have two options 1) activate over the internet, 2) telephone.

1) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you haven't set up your internet connection (cause I do it by virtualization your F*** POS :mad:). now you have to spend the next 45+ mins of your life on hold on the telephone waiting for MS tech support. @^#^$ off :mad:.

is it any wonder MS hasn't got a hold in the consumer space? Can you imagine the need to activate your phone otherwise it stops working and you need to phone to activate it? Yeah that make sense, and I can see MS totally doing that.

Thank goodness there is an alternative. Is it any wonder why I prefer Mac OS X?

I'm unaware of a Microsoft product that requires activation that does not allow you at least 30 days of full functionality to activate it. Presumably you should be able to get your network up and functioning in 30 days.

IIRC phone activation is automated and' date=' though it takes a while and can't be done in a noisy data center, usually works pretty well. That's how I've gotten around the bad-clock-battery issue. I've never had to be on hold for it.[/quote']

I've occasionally had to talk to an actual person for activation, though it has never taken more than a few minutes. Every case of that was an activation using a non-enterprise license that had been activated previously. I'd call up, have to enter the number into the phone, it would tell me the same thing I found online already (that I needed to talk to a person), then I'd get transferred to said person. Said person would then ask for the number I'd already entered into the phone (irritating, but oh well), ask me why I needed to reactivate (hardware upgrade in all cases) and then they'd give me an activation code. Never had to be on hold for it.

Crossposted from Random Musings...

Oh dear god in heaven no... :(

They wiped my profile off of this computer... :nonp:

THEY WIPED ALL OF THE PROFILES FROM THIS COMPUTER. :mad:

They didn't warn anybody.

They didn't ask anybody.

I am so pissed off I can't see straight. :mad: :mad:

And they wonder why nobody likes them.

It's a good thing the Firefox Addons thread is there now. I have to rebuild it on this computer from scratch.

There simply aren't enough curse words in the English language...

Re: Crossposted from Random Musings...

Oh dear god in heaven no... :(

They wiped my profile off of this computer... :nonp:

THEY WIPED ALL OF THE PROFILES FROM THIS COMPUTER. :mad:

They didn't warn anybody.

They didn't ask anybody.

I am so pissed off I can't see straight. :mad: :mad:

And they wonder why nobody likes them.

It's a good thing the Firefox Addons thread is there now. I have to rebuild it on this computer from scratch.

There simply aren't enough curse words in the English language...

Did they just wipe the profiles, or did they re-image the machine?

Anybody remember, I think it was last year, I complained about having some condition where my lips were bleeding and scabby, my tongue had a fungal coating, and a couple other symptoms that I don't want to go into publically?

I have it AGAIN. That's like the fourth time, and I have NO IDEA WHY I KEEP GETTING IT.

Ew! Sympathies. :(

No doctor can give you a straight answer?

Not so far. The first time, I just let it go 'cause I just thought it was a thing that happens randomly ... just some bug. Second time, went to not-my-regular doctor (he was on-vacation) and he thought it was Thrush. Third time, saw my regular doctor and he never told me what it was ... I don't think he knew, he just gave me stuff for the symptoms and claimed the *ahem* underwear-zone rash was coincidental.

This time, I will assure him that the rash is NOT coincindental, loudly if I must.

Edit: Okay, got some straight(er) answers this time. We're testing two things ... a yeast issue and an infection with a name I can't recall right now. I've got an antifungal pill, an antifungal cream, and an antibiotic which I've just taken. If it's not either of these, it may be an autoimmune problem, meaning my body is stupidly attacking itself.

My money's on the autoimmune issue, given my luck.