The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

So very sorry' date=' C.C. Hopefully, like trying to enter very cold water, like a mountain lake, it is much easier the second time. :([/quote']

I doubt it. I know now exactly how painful it is. i can't recall if I mentioned it here, but when I came out from under the anaesthetic gas, I was positively hysterical. Between the fear I felt, the pain I felt as I woke up, and being totally disoriented because where I woke up was not where I went unconscious ... I was screaming incoherently and flailing madly. I had to be pinned down.

Sympathy appreciated. It's worse because now they're gonna mess up my RIGHT arm' date=' which is my primary one. My left arm still hurts after a month ... at least this time they're not gonna mess around with trying to use my own veins, they're gonna use a graft (not an unusual occurance, I'm told).[/quote']

Best wishes to you CC. Damn. Stupid medical profession.

Best wishes to you CC. Damn. Stupid medical profession.

Eh ... there was no way to find out if it'd work other than to try it. I should have just let them use my right arm first (the blood vessels were bigger), but I was too afraid of getting my primary arm hurt. The mouse is on the right side of the computer, after all.

This time, at least, they're not going to fart with using my own veins, and just insert grafts ... unfortunately, grafts need replacing more frequently than using my own veins, so I'm still SOL.

damn, that sucks.

Well, another argument for stem cell research!

Personally, I am Cranky because Tavish, my 2.5 year old son, has a cold. All last night he sounded like he was moaning as he tried to breathe through his stuffed up nose or around his pacifier. He also kicked me a lot all night.

So I am tired, cranky, etc...

My mother is coming up to visit tomorrow, on about 12 hours notice.

The last time I talked to her, she was going to bring my brother with her; she IMPLIED that he was not coming along after all (she said 'I' rather than 'we'), but I have the oddest feeling he may be along for the ride anyway.

I hate him, he hates me, and I cannot understand why my mother can't simply accept this and stop trying to force us to get along.

Between rude people telling me I'm fat out of the blue (and I am' date=' but hey, I #$#$Ing know it already thanks), and people insisting I pull an opinion out of my rear for their convenience, it has been a bumpy week[/quote']

I recommend: "Yes, stick figure boy, I know I am fat. If you tell me again I will sit on you."

And: "I am disinclined to give a damn about your pet issue."

Sympathies' date=' CC.[/quote']

*whew* She didn't bring him and I'm managing to keep the conversation away from politics and religion. I might be able to pull this one off after all.

Thanks for the sympathies, it's appreciated.

Edit/Update: Well, she asked me point blank who I wanted to be president, so that was a bullet I couldn't dodge. Not surprisingly, we're on opposite sides of that particular fence.

*whew* She didn't bring him and I'm managing to keep the conversation away from politics and religion. I might be able to pull this one off after all.

Edit/Update: Well, she asked me point blank who I wanted to be president, so that was a bullet I couldn't dodge. Not surprisingly, we're on opposite sides of that particular fence.

Well, at least she didn't bring him

My family is an odd situation. My dad is leaning Obama, I think Mom is leaning McCain

fortunately I'm several counties away from em ;)

I recommend: "Yes, stick figure boy, I know I am fat. If you tell me again I will sit on you."

I'm sure he meant it as funny, or humorous, and he followed it up with something akin to so was he

but frankly, this guy and I had had years of tension since he made an ass of himself when we first met. He has a tendency to treat folks as inferiors, where as I am very big on pleases and thank yous. If you TELL me to do something like I'm your lackey, I'm liable to tell you where to go if I don't catch myself. If you add please or thank you, I'm much more likely to jump in the lake you point at thanks to your courtesy. Sure, it may seem stupid to some, but it is how I'm wired.

I had thought that an olive branch had been proffered, and I attempted to take it. Then he tells me I'm twice the size I was before out of the blue.

Was it a blurt?

Was it a sophmoric attempt at humor?

Was it some attempt to be the dominant male?

I don't know.

I can only come to the conclusion, that this man, despite his being older, was never raised properly.

Well, you could in theory dodge it. My general response to such questions is either "none of your business" or "I haven't decided yet". For a family member I might pretty up the first one. But I might not...

My laptop is dying. Hard drive is flaking out' date=' thankfully I have backups, but I need a functional laptop for next weeks trip. Grrrrr.[/quote']

And it's confirmed, the laptop hard drive is toast. I could replace just that, but I've been looking at laptops anyway.

I'll have to take the work laptop with me for the trip then. I should reconfigure an external drive to deal with windows though...

I've had some back issues in the past that squats and the leg press have both exacerbated a few times. Don't have a lot of core strength at this point. Let's just say being gimped by a bad ankle for a few years took me from "not fit" to "wait' date=' I have to walk stairs?".[/quote']

I found crunches and side situps helped with my back in the past. Of course once I got out of the habit... I'll just have to start slow again.

quoted the wrong post. son is allergic to peanuts' date=' needs epi-pin, etc.[/quote']

You sure about that? I did a little research, and from what I found it seemed likely that there was a hell of a lot of potentially fatal peanut allergy hype and no damn peanut fatalities. I did the research as I was screaming at our son's elementary school for trying to ban peanut butter altogether, which let's face it would be a damn disaster for the rest of us.

I don't doubt your son is allergic to peanuts, and you have my sincere sympathies, but the test seems able to detect a hystamine response but not severity. Am I wrong?