The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Just a friendly reminder: CO2 fire extinguishers are utterly glorious weapons against all arthropods. Flash-freeze the offender' date=' and then you can take a broom handle and bust it up into little bitses at your leisure. Recharging an extinguisher isn't cheap, though.[/quote']

You could probably achieve a similar effect with an upside down can of computer duster.

I may not even make it that far. Between fighting off a scam (and possibly an identity theft attempt) yesterday and my great aunt dying today' date=' I'm drained physically, mentally, and emotionally.[/quote']

Sorry to hear that.

Ditto. Sorry.

I may not even make it that far. Between fighting off a scam (and possibly an identity theft attempt) yesterday and my great aunt dying today' date=' I'm drained physically, mentally, and emotionally.[/quote']

Sorry to hear. My prayers and sympathies.

Good luck.

I'm sorry for you family's loss.

Thanks for the support, guys.

Some good news, though. I was able to stop the scammers before they could get any money from me. I also reported them to the cops, the FTC, and the websites where they placed their ads (legitimate job search sites). The FTC rep I spoke to thinks the people are classic con artists rather than identity thieves. And the policeman I spoke to was impressed by the detail I gave him (I took notes of everything and turned them in). Maybe justice will be done.

That is good news, tkdguy. I hope they get nailed, too ... and sympathy for your loss.

And now, my cranky. You get three guesses what it's about at the first two don't count.

Two months. That's the estimate for when the dialysis starts. The access implant is, apparently, an outpatient procedure so I don't have to sweat a hospital stay ... then three or four days of major left-arm soreness. Six to eight weeks for the access to develop (I'm not quite sure what that means), and then it starts, assuming I don't take any sudden turns for the worse in the meantime, which means getting emergency access put in either my chest wall (ow) or my groin (GAH!).

In the meantime, I'm scared, I'm angry, and I'm sad. I yelled at my wife and stormed into my bedroom and locked the door in the middle of a game last night and just started crying, then shaking, then crying more. You'd think, knowing this was coming for seven years, I'd be ready for it. I'm not. I'm really, really not.