The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Violent emotions are best spent on easily-replaceable' date=' low-cost inanimate objects of no sentimental value. Middle managers are just about optimal.[/quote']

I'd just like to point out that while I do have the term "Manager" in my title, I just manage data, not people. ;)

not often I get this cranky.

bloddy ^@^&$ :mad: MS and their POS software. what is worse than Zippy? Activating Windoze. you have two options 1) activate over the internet, 2) telephone.

1) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you haven't set up your internet connection (cause I do it by virtualization your F*** POS :mad:). now you have to spend the next 45+ mins of your life on hold on the telephone waiting for MS tech support. @^#^$ off :mad:.

is it any wonder MS hasn't got a hold in the consumer space? Can you imagine the need to activate your phone otherwise it stops working and you need to phone to activate it? Yeah that make sense, and I can see MS totally doing that.

Thank goodness there is an alternative. Is it any wonder why I prefer Mac OS X?

Wow.

I've been digging on Mozilla's Firefox

Until now

V3's address bar just totally #$#$ed me up almost as soon as I downloaded it. Dropdowns, trying to 'help' you, and an inability to erase the location bar history (No more Nude Midget wrestling sites for me), and I could be wrong, but it was a memory hog.

I am not practiced at Uninstalling things, but I ditched it fast. I'm back to V2 now, and I think I'll stay here, thanks.

V3's address bar just totally #$#$ed me up almost as soon as I downloaded it. Dropdowns, trying to 'help' you, and an inability to erase the location bar history (No more Nude Midget wrestling sites for me), and I could be wrong, but it was a memory hog.

History - Show All History

Select what you want to delete

Hit Del

Not sure on the memory thing. I've had occasion to wonder myself.

History - Show All History

Select what you want to delete

Hit Del

I am not SURE, but I think I tried that (along with many many other things) and either it didn't work for me, or my computer had an ID10T error :o and I didn't do it right.

Not sure on the memory thing. I've had occasion to wonder myself.

Well, I've since switched back and have no interest of returning to V3 at this point so I'll just wait and consider the NEXT upgrade maybe.

Well, I've since switched back and have no interest of returning to V3 at this point so I'll just wait and consider the NEXT upgrade maybe.

I found V2 pretty useful and it could be because I'm using a different OS that I'm not having the same problems. I bet a couple minor versions down the road, V3 will be plenty safe for you.