The cranky thread

Hermit

The good news: I found a Tylenol formulation that also includes 65 mg of caffeine. Should do the trick.

The bad news: Nobody around here carries it. I had to order it from Amazon. And it was way too expensive.

The good news: It should be here tomorrow.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:14 PM, Pariah said:

The good news: I found a Tylenol formulation that also includes 65 mg of caffeine. Should do the trick.

The bad news: Nobody around here carries it. I had to order it from Amazon. And it was way too expensive.

The good news: It should be here tomorrow.

There's generic prescription medications that are dirt cheap. If this is going to be a continuing problem, get your doctor to prescribe you something. 

If you have a decent pharmaceutical benefit on your insurance or use one of those prescription discount cards, you're probably going to end up much cheaper in the long run with a prescription rather than OTC.

My central air conditioner broke, so right now the house is at about 96°F (it's 104°F outside), and I probably won't be able to cool it down until after midnight, when I can open all of the doors and windows, and get the cooler overnight air into the house. I've called my home warranty company, and talked to the company that was dispatched this morning--my appointment is for Monday 8A-12P.

Temps through the weekend will be cooler (ie below 100°F during the day), but we will have a monsoonal flow, which will increase the humidity.

The down side of job hunting is that you apply to a couple of jobs, and suddenly you get spammed everyday by companies you haven't heard of. A lot of them are scams. Some of these scammers aren't even trying. Come on, $200 per hour for an online job?!

Then I get offers from a tutoring places I've never heard of before. But I've been stuck in the same dead-end job for a quarter of a century now. Only the company changes. I don't want to do it anymore. Why are my only offers in this same crap?

• 2 weeks later...

Little Boy Pariah, in his third day of second grade today, had two of his classmates tell him "You're weird and nobody likes you." He turned around and asked his classmates if they liked him, and only one spoke up. The rest were silent (probably not knowing what to do).

I dealt with bullying pretty much my entire elementary and middle school career. My kid will NOT be dealing with it if Lady P and I have anything to say about it. :mad:

We had a bit of a storm earlier this month. Very close lightning, very loud thunder (Dex was freaking out) but not much rain or wind.

Or so I thought. 

Electricity was out for four hours. Not too big a deal since it was overnight. Internet was out for 14 hours(!), which was a problem because I was supposed to run a Zoom class this morning. But that wasn't the worst. 

These pics are what remains of my shed. Quite a sight to wake up to. Neighbor's tree was blown over, apparently, and crushed the shed along with big sections of fence. 

On the bright side, the shed doesn't need painting anymore! 

A very busy tree guy came by to offer his services. He believes it was a mini tornado that hit our street. 

237265668_1960041910837811_1387792738838

236875965_1960041927504476_1505536958757

Finally, insurance has come through. Act-of-god, and all that. Check is on the way, but now the hard part begins: the cleanup. It ain't gonna be fast. Or cheap.

But I guess I can't bitch too much. Fred, Grace, and Henri all turned away from us. 

I took my cat, Smudgen, to the vet one last time yesterday. I had been dreading it, but I really couldn't put it off anymore. She was almost 17, but it had been a battle over the last 6 months or so to make sure that she would eat, and she had lost a lot of weight. The house is so quiet now.

This was her enjoying a movie with me in happier times.

Catmouflage.thumb.jpg.13249e2237d635ce889dbd18f6cbccc9.jpg

I got two of my 15 daily prescriptions filled.

One was $361.00 and the other was $391.00, three month supplies for each (thankfully). That's my cost, with the Humana/Medicare part B insurance plan picking up well more than $1200.00 on each one, I don't remember the exact numbers on what the insurance paid.

The good news was that the doctor discontinued one of my prescriptions so I'm down to 14 (not including my asthma inhaler).

When I got that one filled a few weeks ago it was $1.51.

Why is it that I never seem to not need the more expensive medicines?

2 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

I took my cat, Smudgen, to the vet one last time yesterday. I had been dreading it, but I really couldn't put it off anymore. She was almost 17, but it had been a battle over the last 6 months or so to make sure that she would eat, and she had lost a lot of weight. The house is so quiet now.

This was her enjoying a movie with me in happier times.

Catmouflage.thumb.jpg.13249e2237d635ce889dbd18f6cbccc9.jpg

I'm so sorry, T. Nothing hurts quite the way losing a pet does.