The cranky thread

Hermit

My nonverbal 12-year-old just tested positive for COVID-19. She's miserable, and has no real way to communicate what she needs. 

I hate this f*****g disease. And I hate the fact that so many people still don't take it seriously. 

21 minutes ago, Pariah said:

My nonverbal 12-year-old just tested positive for COVID-19. She's miserable, and has no real way to communicate what she needs. 

I hate this f*****g disease. And I hate the fact that so many people still don't take it seriously. 

Never mind, not productive.

May your kid get well and soon.

7 hours ago, Pariah said:

Well that sucks.  Hope she gets over it quickly, for both your sakes.

18 hours ago, Pariah said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she gets well soon.

I take the day off work to speak to my therapist, and the session get cancelled. The appointment was online, and I didn't get the message until 15 minutes after my session was supposed to begin.

Now I get a bill from my medical provider. I can't afford this monthly bill. I'm still on hold trying to get a hold with a representative.

I just received a collection letter on a supposed 10 year-old debt owed by my late housemate. The previous "owner" of the debt was also a collection agency, who specializes in claiming that people owe money on car loans (he last financed a car sometime in the late 80s). The housemate passed away almost 8 years ago, so the debt is well outside of any claim period for his estate, but it's still a frustrating thing to have to deal with this "zombie debt". 

Edit: On the back of their letter, they explain that, due to the age of the debt, neither the original collection agency nor the new collection agency has the right to sue to collect or to report it to a credit agency. They also note that the previous owner of the debt bought it from yet another collection agency. It's basically a shakedown scheme with no teeth.

I am having a hell of a morning. 

I can't seem to wake up, very debilitatingly groggy. 

My eyes aren't lining up to see properly. 

GI system feels awful, will probably throw up soon. 

I got my booster shot yesterday and I'm still incredibly sore from that. Why so late? I'm part of a clinical trial for a new vaccine, NovaVax, and I had 0 side effects before. The booster is kicking my ass, though. 

And I have an appliance repair man coming at some point, lord only knows when that'll happen. 

What a freaking morning. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, tkdguy said:

I take the day off work to speak to my therapist, and the session get cancelled. The appointment was online, and I didn't get the message until 15 minutes after my session was supposed to begin.

Now I get a bill from my medical provider. I can't afford this monthly bill. I'm still on hold trying to get a hold with a representative.

Finally got my insurance sorted out, although it took me a week to get it done. The hospital and the insurance companies left me hanging for that long. First got put on hold for 30 minutes, then I got transferred twice and was given a couple of numbers that didn't work. I eventually fixed it with the insurance companies, then I got an email saying my coverage had ended according to my wishes. I made no such request. I had to call early morning just to talk to a person.

As for my therapist, I went to another online service yesterday, since this was available on the weekend. Even up to a half hour before the appointment, I got email reminders. I log in. I keep getting a buffering symbol with a message "Waiting for others to join." I stay that way for a half-hour. I emailed the website about the problem after 15 minutes and eventually got a reply apologizing for the connection not being made. The previous email said that the doctor would call if there was a problem; she didn't. Still unsure whether technical problems or the doctor forgot about the session. I called the number about rescheduling and got an automated reply. I didn't leave a message.

Seriously, having that happen twice in a row is inexcusable. Okay, they were different providers and different circumstances, but I don't don't care about the details. I hope they try to ask how the session went so I can give them a very scathing review. I think I won't even bother trying to use their services anymore. If my time is so unimportant to these people, they don't deserve my business.

• 3 weeks later...