What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

nexus

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

I had a player who wanted to play a North Korean Ninja... in a cyberpunk game. The GM said no. Instead he ended up with a sword-weilding, chanedlier-swinging, swash-buckling amnesiac WRC driver.

I htink we were better off with hte firsto ption.

Rick R.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do I get all the freaks?

Keith Long

Player:

Val Char Cost
12 STR 2
15 DEX 15
18 CON 16
10 BODY 0
20 INT 10
18 EGO 16
15 PRE 5
22 COM 6
4 PD 2
4 ED 0
3 SPD 5
6 REC 0
40 END 2
32 STUN 7
6" RUN02" SWIM02" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 86

Cost Power END
Tantric Alchemy
18 1) Create Liquid: Transform (Create) 2d6: Create Any liquid substance (Major), Required Hands One-Handed (+0), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4), Improved Target Group (+1) (67 Active Points); Extra Time 5 Minutes (-2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) 3
25 2) Liquid Blast: Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. PD), Variable Special Effects (Any liquid) Limited Group of SFX (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Linked to Create Liquid (-1/2) 4
5 3) Immune to own powers: Life Support , Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents (10 Active Points); His own chemicals only Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1)
8 4) Resistant to Chemicals and Drugs: Power Defense (12 points) (12 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type Of Attack (Chemicals and Drugs) Limited Type of Attack (-1/2)
Physical Mutations
5 1) "Prehensile Genitalia" : Extra Limbs , Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)
7 2) "Impressive Endowment": +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Only to visually awe/stun, must flash "endowment" Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1)
Powers Cost: 68

Cost Skill
3 SS: Chemistry (INT-based) 13-
3 SS: Toxicology (INT-based) 13-
7 Power "Tantric Alchemy" (INT-based) 15-
3 Demolitions 13-
7 High Society 14-
2 KS: Magic and occultism 11-
2 KS: "Pagan" Subculture 11-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Seduction 12-
3 Deduction 13-
10 +2 with Ranged Combat
Skills Cost: 46

Total Character Cost: 200

Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Extremely handsome (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10 Distinctive Features: Oversized sexual characteristics (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5 Physical Limitation: Highly oversexed (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)
20 Dependent NPC: Younger ditzy sister (Becky Long) 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN From hits to the Vitals (Uncommon)
10 Social Limitation: "Outsider" (Frequently; Minor)
20 Psychological Limitation: Condescends to and treats women as disposable (Very Common; Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant and self absorped (Common; Moderate)
10 Psychological Limitation: Loves the sound of his own voice, thinks he knows everything (Common; Moderate)

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Ok, I didn't want to have to subject myself to these but since you asked so kindly:

Polaroid - a hero who wants to take photograph pictures with his eyes and when developed, pull them out of his stomach. :snicker:

Captain Uncouth - basically an overweight guy wearing jeans and a dirty t-shirt that shows off his potbelly. He's filthy, unshaven and flies fly around him. His power? He scratches his belly and does an area effect belch. :weep:

Amoeba Man - covered this in other threads but *sigh*, he actually got used once by a player, much to everyone's regret. Fortunately, Duplication didn't exist as a power back then. Still, we all laugh about it over ten years later.

We had a Born Again Christian gamer who over many years ran a series of characters with no external genitalia, in multiple short campaigns. The first two (a Lizard Man and an Android) were fine, but then came the Viet-Nam Vet with the terrible injury, and the mutant who had his privates fall off when hi power manifested...

Urgh. Not quite up the standard of the first post (what could be) but... JanitorMan. For reasons I absolutely cannot fathom the player really wanted this character and submitted a sheet several times. A super-strong, tough janitor (No, it wasn't explained why) who fought with a mop, had extra running (floorwax) and a couple of other equally odd powers. His secret identiy was .... a Janitor!

One that actually did get into play was Wing. He could fly, really, really fast and had a good turn ratio, so he could storm through downtown at high speed. In addition, he could ..... well, do nothing, basically. A really fast flying normal. What the hey?

The same player also submitted (and played for quite a while) Ghost who could fly, turn invisible and go desolid all at zero END. No, he didn't have any other useful powers either - in a fight he could turn solid and punch people with his bony little fists (for 3d6 normal damage) but that was a bit risky with his PD and ED of 4.... At least we could send him on Recon missions.

What really bugs me about those last two characters was they were played by the guy who was our regular Champions GM, who designed and ran a really fun campaign with some interesting villains and characters. My favourite - Captain Evil - was an NPC gadgeteer with a big funky ray gun who did bank robberies and similar low level crime. Eventually he ran across Shade - our group's grim avenger martial artist type (Think Midnighter) at which point it turned out he was a normal with a plastic gun that flashed interesting colours (people were too scared to challenge him because they thought he was super....). Ouch.

cheers, Mark

We had a Born Again Christian gamer who over many years ran a series of characters with no external genitalia' date=' in multiple short campaigns. The first two (a Lizard Man and an Android) were fine, but then came the Viet-Nam Vet with the terrible injury, and the mutant who had his privates fall off when hi power manifested...[/quote']

Perhaps he is toying with the idea of joining the Skoptsi.

Personally, I'd encourage it.

As opposed to a purple rocky/orange lava bald woman wearing a white one-piece swimsuit with white boots? ;)

Different strokes. ;)

Ouch.

Sorry I offended you. Apparently I had and wasn't aware of it. :snicker:

Mags

-who thoought this thread was about ridiculous PCs, not attacking other posters... and was wrong about that too!

Urgh. Not quite up the standard of the first post (what could be) but... JanitorMan. For reasons I absolutely cannot fathom the player really wanted this character and submitted a sheet several times. A super-strong, tough janitor (No, it wasn't explained why) who fought with a mop, had extra running (floorwax) and a couple of other equally odd powers. His secret identiy was .... a Janitor!

One that actually did get into play was Wing. He could fly, really, really fast and had a good turn ratio, so he could storm through downtown at high speed. In addition, he could ..... well, do nothing, basically. A really fast flying normal. What the hey?

The same player also submitted (and played for quite a while) Ghost who could fly, turn invisible and go desolid all at zero END. No, he didn't have any other useful powers either - in a fight he could turn solid and punch people with his bony little fists (for 3d6 normal damage) but that was a bit risky with his PD and ED of 4.... At least we could send him on Recon missions.

What really bugs me about those last two characters was they were played by the guy who was our regular Champions GM, who designed and ran a really fun campaign with some interesting villains and characters. My favourite - Captain Evil - was an NPC gadgeteer with a big funky ray gun who did bank robberies and similar low level crime. Eventually he ran across Shade - our group's grim avenger martial artist type (Think Midnighter) at which point it turned out he was a normal with a plastic gun that flashed interesting colours (people were too scared to challenge him because they thought he was super....). Ouch.

cheers, Mark

Hey, what's wrong with Mr. Clean?

He's a major NPC Hero in my world. ( Ok, major in a very small part of the world, but still! )

I think I may be the only gamer on this boards who hasn't had to deal with a ... I can't even think of a word for it. A character whose powers revolved in some way, shape, or form around sex, sexuality, or their genitalia.

Though, pervert that I am, I've been tempted to do a rip of Buxom Gal from Supermegatopia as an NPC in a game I was running. But I've resisted. But I digress ...

The closest I had to the hentai factor was a character with stretching powers. Now, he had the full Mr. Fantastic/Plastic Man thing going; there were no DIRECT references to his groin on the character sheet, though there were, of course, a few off-color jokes about it after the game had started. However, once we'd wrapped up creation (he was a cop who'd gotten involved in a shootout in a chemical warehouse and got doused), he was struggling for a name, and was originally going to call him Captain Condom, The Galactic Prophylactic.

I managed to convince him that this was a poor decision and rather unthemely. When he asked me for a suggestion that wasn't taken, I thought for about two seconds and responded with "Longarm" (as in, the Long Arm of the Law).

As far as munched out characters, I've seen a couple. The worst, possibly, was a character who was a basic, zero-point human who had every single stat, power, skill, and talent bought through a DIFFERENT Independent Focus, which meant he had about fifty of 'em.

Urgh. Not quite up the standard of the first post (what could be) but... JanitorMan. For reasons I absolutely cannot fathom the player really wanted this character and submitted a sheet several times. A super-strong' date=' tough janitor (No, it wasn't explained why) who fought with a mop, had extra running (floorwax) and a couple of other equally odd powers. His secret identiy was .... a Janitor![/quote']Surprinsingly, i'm not too shocked by this one.

A player of my group recently tried to make several characters from the manga "Hunter x Hunter" a bit like this. ideas included :

- The hero Gon, a super-strong 12 yrs old boy with a favorite "weapon" (a fishing line!) and a martial technique based on "rock-paper-scissor"

- one of the bad guys : a teen-age girl with a nerdish look and a "magic" vacuum-cleaner (able to store litteraly tons of stuff inside itself)

- a 10 yrs old little girl (actually in her 70's: retarded aging) whose hability is to summon a magic aesthetician (see retarded aging above)

- one of the heroes' brother : main ability : shape shifting a la Mystique although he needs to stabilize the alternate form by pinching nails through his body

Guest WhammeWhamme

Hey, the closest I've had to come to a "squickmonster" was playing in the same game as someone with super-attractiveness.

I just don't have any stories... :weep:

From some superhero games I've run using other systems:

The Mad Badger -- a Wolverine clone (regeneration, retractable bone claws, berserk) who was raised by his uncle, a Texas Oil Tycoon. Mad Badger inherited his uncle's superhumanly bad fashion sense, and had a mullet. The player also refused to, in HERO terms, put any points into the Money Perk, yet had the character act like he was exceedingly wealthy. The character also continuously pestered Mr. Blue & Ms. Green (the "Keepers" of the team, which was funded by a branch of the FBI) to have metal bonded to his bones and claws (so he'd be tougher).

Minimum Force -- ex-circus performer who gained his powers by drinking Barbasol (that blue-green alcohol product barbers soak their combs and other utensils in). He gained the ability to shrink, fly, and to project a field of razorblades (made of generic force energy) that whirled around him (protecting him, damaging foes who touched him, and could be fired off like an EB). And n-ray vision... blocked by flesh. In the most recent game, when Minimum Force was surrounded by several goons as he faced down against "Mr. Big," he swooped in, stole Mr. Big's large fluffy cat, and used it as a shield/hostage, threatening to kill it if Mr. Big's men didn't back off.

Stinger -- a subject of one of the government's earlier super soldier products, she had the ability to fly and communicate with insects due to the infusion of bee and wasp DNA into her genetic structure. She also gained an uncany knack with all ranged weapons, and so trained as a sniper. Her favored weapon: a .50 caliber anti-tank gun. She's also a Native American Indian, and is bigoted against Caucasians/"Whitey," preferentially aiming for them first.

If I'd planned on running an Iron Age, or even a Golden Age campaign, these wouldn't have been so bad. However, I'd told them all at the beginning, and numerous times throughout, that I was running a Silver Age game.

The USS Iowa

oh... sorry... bleed over from another thread... :help::winkgrin:

You think that's bad, I had a player that wanted to play an M! Abrhams. How in the world was I going to challenge that thing?!

:D

Ouch.

Sorry I offended you. Apparently I had and wasn't aware of it. :snicker:

Mags

-who thoought this thread was about ridiculous PCs, not attacking other posters... and was wrong about that too!

Not at all, hence the ;). Just trying to point out that one person's ridiculous can be someone else's reasonable. :)

And I seriously hope you don't view "Super Cowboy" guy to be anywhere near as bad as the various "prehensile genitalia" characters, etc. :fear::)

Guest WhammeWhamme

You think that's bad, I had a player that wanted to play an M! Abrhams. How in the world was I going to challenge that thing?!

:D

That's Brilliant!

I must do that!

Hrm... (crunches numbers)