Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

The thread reaches the historic 5,000 mark and i am sorry to say it was underwhelming.

Someone please cheer me up with quotes of dazzling quality.

All i currently have to contribute: "We've gone from 14 players to 3 with no gm...lets call it" - now that is memorable :mad:

Party arguing about who might be responsible for such a careen across the planes.

Void
: It has to be Istvatha V'han. Who else have we met that could shift a whole planet dimensonally, like this?

Vitus
starts counting them off on his fingers
: Istvatha, the mind-flayers, the Apparatus, me...

I forgot to mention Vitus' explanation about the mindflayers, and his previous experience thereof.

"They're certainly very interested in dimensional manipulation. But we defeated them by overdosing their Elder Brain on LSD."

Oh, the looks I got...

[/indent]I forgot to mention Vitus' explanation about the mindflayers, and his previous experience thereof.

But we defeated them by overdosing their Elder Brain on LSD."

Oh, the looks I got...

I read that as LDS

Guest Major Tom

Sure it is. Just before "Murder Them All For Some Imagined Slight"

I said "dictionary", not "Handbook of ways to Completely Antagonize your

Fellow Party Members".

Major Tom :sneaky:

Feline Fury: Are you moving into the new base?

Fusion: I dont have to live at home anymore?!? I can get away from my little brother! OH MY GAWD I CAN HAVE NICE THINGS AGAIN!!

--------------------------

Neutron: You know, after fighting Atom Smasher Im tempted to sleep around just to see if I can stil have kids.

Feline Fury: There are microscopes in the University. Use a slide!

------------------------

[Cole (Neutron) is talking to Mara (Feline Fury) about Tina (Inertia), during a housewarming party involving about fifty people]

Cole: Tina's really nice. But she so...reserved all the time.

Mara: I know what you mean.

Tina: *Squeals as she leaps topless into the swimming pool*

Mara: ...And then she just turns around and surprises you...

---------------------

Neutron: ...But Ill not continue to defend Mara. She can do that herself.

[Cut to the pool party, where a frat boy is hitting on Mara]

Feline Fury: Up yours , buddy! :P

------------------

Neutron (OOC): He's stunned! I BLAST HIM! :D

----------------

[The PC's have defeated Avenger, who is the campaign's answer to Punisher]

Neutron (OOC): We disarm Avenger.

GM: Its like disarming Germany!

------------------

Neutron: I just dont get the fashion industry. Why is it that gay men are deciding what women should wear?

Feline Fury: Because if straight guys decided what women wore, we girls would all be very cold.

---------------------

Feline Fury: Youd -like- to think that once you turn eighteen you dont have to listen to your parents anymore. But...it really doesnt work that way.

------------------

Miss Liberty: Lori and Samson are seeing each other?

Feline Fury: Its not so much a relationship as a mistake they both keep making together.

----------------

Feline Fury: So....whaddaya think. Did we learn and grow?

----------------

Neutron: Natalie's coming back in a few weeks.

Feline Fury: Good. Cause...youve been going crazy.

Neutron: Yeah. My hands are tired, and Im out of lotion.

Feline Fury: WAY too much information!

------------------

Feline Fury: Im a brunette, so Im evil. Ok...Im evil, AND a brunette, but thats just how it works in Hollywood. I had no positive role models.

-------------------

[Fusion shows up with a 1967 Shelby GT-500 that he got for $8,000 in Nappa Valley]

Fusion: You know, its weird. I went to replace my old car, and I ended up getting a car thats even older.

Samson: *Point to Fusion's old yellow 1989 Honda Civic* THAT's an old car. *Points to the cherry red GT-500 with white racing stripes* THAT's a vintage car. BIG difference.

-----------------------

----------------------

And from the Star Trek TOS game:

----------------------

Saven (OOC): Im wearing a hat. Otherwise Ill be "openly Vulcan".

--------------------

Captain Dallas (OOC): I brace with mt hands on the railing, and do a double-footed kick at the Klingon's chest

GM: Hurray! Genre points!

----------------

Dr. Young: The Klingon Captain is dead.

Saven (OOC): They killed K'Enny!

Dr Young (OOC): You b*st*rds!

[Fusion shows up with a 1967 Shelby GT-500 that he got for $8,000 in Nappa Valley]

Fusion: You know, its weird. I went to replace my old car, and I ended up getting a car thats even older.

Samson: *Point to Fusion's old yellow 1989 Honda Civic* THAT's an old car. *Points to the cherry red GT-500 with white racing stripes* THAT's a vintage car. BIG difference.

Rally Vincent would approve.

This installment of the Via campaign brings Our Heroes to a town soon to be attacked by a whole horde of Fae, having just lost its divine protection. Flora, talking to some of the people in charge about taking care of one's problems, says, "Well, we're the heroes, and . . . sucks to be you."

Flora casts a 30d6 Dispel, and Standard Effect just won't cut it. At first, the player is unsure she HAS that many dice, but she finally assembles them all, rolls (in two shifts, because she can't hold all 30 dice), and counts. The total is 102.

"Oh, good, you made it," I say, the target number being 100.

Josh remarks, OOC, "Good! If she had to do that again, I'd lob off hands."

Later, a dragon agrees to make a trade if Daris can keep from touching his girlfriend for a full month. Daris agrees, reluctantly, much to the girlfriend's dismay. Flora declares, "Now you're all as frustrated as I am!"

Wow, now I'm really jealous of input.jack's group... topless pool parties, the great quotes (women would be cold is awesome), and a guy buying a freakin' GT-500 for only $8000?!?! I'm most jealous of that... my '67 Camaro SS cost over twice that. Man, I need to move where he's living.

Kudos to the guy defining old from awesome. :D Hehe.

Tonight's Champions game:

Tessalyn (aka Enigma) reveals her Hero ID to her Uncle Mike, who's a cop. The revelation is complicated by her having previously discovered Enigma’s poster in Uncle Mike's wall locker...

Tessalyn: “There’s something we need to talk about.” (holds up her Enigma mask)

Mike: “What’re you doing with Enigma’s mask?”

Tessalyn: “You’re the detective; you figure it out.” (drops the disguise spell that conceals her mystical tattoos)

Mike: “Wait. You mean you’re... Enigma’s tattoo artist?! That’s awesome – maybe you can set me up with her?”

Tessalyn: “I need coffee.”

After someone makes a “reverse the polarity” reference:

Promethean: (OOC) “You realize that’s the way to disarm any Foxbat device, just reverse the polarity.”

Enigma: (OOC) “No wait, that might make them work.” :fear:

The GM describes a new NPC:

GM: “She dresses like an engineer.” (aside to BTL’s player, who is an engineer) “No offense.”

BTL’s Player: (makes a face)

BTL’s Player’s Wife: “Oh, this from Mr. “But-I-Like-Plaid.”

Discussing another hero's transmutation abilities:

Inertia: “Can you turn tires into Jell-O?”

Enigma: “...Given enough time.”

Anna, the group's young ward/DNPC missed the start of school due to being stuck in Faerie for several months. The Heroes debate whether she should finish school or just get a GED:

BTL: (crazy, creepy homeless power-armor guy) “I didn’t finish High School; didn’t hurt me none!”

GM: “Scared straight – well done.” :thumbup:

Enigma: “Don’t make me turn this superjet around!”

Inertia: (speedster) “Wait we’re taking a jet? I was just gonna run.”

BTL: “That’d be even funnier if we actually had a jet.”

A bill has been introduced in City Council to enforce registration requirements, treat unregistered heroes like vigilantes, and otherwise make the PC’s lives unpleasant. Our Heroes have been invited to testify before the City Council. As we’re wrapping up:

GM: “So for next week, think about what you want to say to the City Council.”

Enigma: “How about: “Listen up you jackbooted freak-*** sona***** muther******s, come here.”

Promethean: "...That works."

Wow, now I'm really jealous of input.jack's group... topless pool parties, the great quotes (women would be cold is awesome), and a guy buying a freakin' GT-500 for only $8000?!?! I'm most jealous of that... my '67 Camaro SS cost over twice that. Man, I need to move where he's living.

Kudos to the guy defining old from awesome. :D Hehe.

:D

Craziest part of the GT-500 thing is that there WAS one for sale in Nappa Valley for that price, only a couple of weeks ago. The GM found it on line.

Craziest part of the GT-500 thing is that there WAS one for sale in Nappa Valley for that price, only a couple of weeks ago. The GM found it on line.

The thing about older cars is that some are pristine and some are best used for parts. And the area it's kept in makes a difference too...you'll find more nice cars in the southwest than in the northeast, because of the weather, specifically salt used on the roads for snowy weather. Supply and demand says that a car of a given level of quality will go for less in the southwest than in the northeast because there will be more of them there.

Of course, Napa valley and Illannoy aren't quite as extreme, but I'd bet the same factors are in play to a lesser extent.

Y'know, I read that as out of game for some reason... jealousy of the car is abated. The actual car referred to may be real, but more likely a clone of some sort. Real GT-500's are going for stupid money...

And as Captain Obvious has stated, yeah, Illinois is not the best place to buy old muscle. Its about twice the price of buying from the SW. Midwest salt and all that. Mine actually has a solid original body, which is why I bought it, though its not all original.. nor did I want one. I plan on getting it refit into a more hot-rodded version. Its currently pretty classic but is not a numbers matching vehicle... but the money from selling so much original equipment will help pay for the new parts a tad. :D

From my Fearless Monster Hunters FH game:

The heroes are talking, in graphic detail, about leaving their untrustworthy henchman in the middle of the desert:

Kaira: When did we become sinister???

------

The heroes have been hired to rescue a princess from a dragon, but later discovered that the princess was actually kidnapped by her own cousin:

Castilla: This is just getting too complicated. I don't think we should rescue her at all!

Illy: You're just saying that because you don't like princesses. They never let you play with them as a child.

Castilla: Well... that's true. But it's not the only reason!

From the Legends Born D&D game (where our characters, started a few years ago at 5th Level, have recently hit 21st! :cool:

Now they are running around with some even MORE epic characters who are about 30th Level. And some 12th level characters. Basically 3 different campaign groups all converged on the Big Bad :nonp:)

-----------------

Kethri (OOC): Does this Feat say... "Love Silently"??

-------------

Ulf Trollblood: Yon is our target?

King Tyrion: Yes.

[ulf begins walking toward the giant swirly Hell-gate]

Imet (OOC): Are we expecting to be in combat in a few minutes?

Astra (OOC): *looking at Ulf* Well, we are NOW! :P

---------------

[What happens when your printer malfunctions and mangles things on your sheet]

Kethri (OOC): I have "Nipples of Night"?!?

------------------

Imet (OOC): I can haz kombat? :D

----------------

Imet (OOC): If its a Goblinoid with a beard, then its a Bugbear in my book.

Astra (OOC): Even if its only four feet tall?

Imet (OOC): Then its a baby Bugbear.

Kethri (OOC): A Bugcub?

Astra (OOC): A Bugaboo! :D

-------------

King Tyrion (OOC): I declare him my Foe for the Round. "You! You little...pickle-eater!"

-------------

Astra (OOC): Shes from the Feudal Bureau of Inquisition?

---------------

GM: Imet, is the "Dark Eye of Neris" out?

Imet (OOC): Of course.

Kethri (OOC): Pull up your pants! :P

Explanation

[imet Toth has been the weilder of the "Dark Eye of Neris"; a weapon which also acts as a scrying device for his Goddess, Neris Guardian of the Dark Hell, where sinners are tormented for their evils]

--------------------

Astra: Ive just....never seen anyone put the severed heads of their enemies on doilies before.

Imet: Theyre too BIG for coasters...

--------------------

[ulf Trollblood, "The Deathwalker", deals three blows to a 20th Level Black Knight, killing the Black Knight in one round, as Ulf's Terrifying Rage makes a dozen of the Black Knight's allies flee in terror]

Zarabett: That was impressive.

Ulf: Yes. He died facing me. Brave man.

------------------

Defyndyr the Paladin (OOC): Okay, if I use Divine Might and Holy Smite together, Ive figured out that means she has no choice but to suck my ----

---------------

Astra (OOC): Epic heroes exist to annoy epic villains.

Ulf (OOC): I kick the Titan in the shins!

-------------

Ulf: You sadden me. You wont be the one to end my life.

Evil Titan: ...Huh?!?

----------------

Lyrafel: Youre really going to marry her?

Muhariim: Of course! I gave up my plans for world cpnquest for her.

Lyrafel: I thought that was because the man we were following was an idiot.

Muhariim: That was giving up HIS plans. I never intended to follow through with them. My OWN, however...