Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I've got about a months worth of quotes in a little notepad - I would get it but then I would forget it for the game tonight . . . But I do remember a few from yesterday:

(Chthulhupunk genre)

Tweezer: How many guards are in the manor?

Stanton: All of Dem.

Tweezer: You're a joy to be around.

Aftermath... the two conscious people (Wil and Stanton) are looting the manor after a bad firefight. Between Will's 20mm Cannon and Stanton's grenade launcher the front third of the house is not looking so healthy. (Stanton is Jamaican, Will is a California Stoner Dude, imagine those accents)

Stanton: If you didn't shoot the fridge, go get a beer while I pack the manuscripts.

*fews seconds later*

Will: Aw Man! I SHOT THE FRIDGE!

Stanton: Rich guy lives here, see if there's a spare upstairs.

*few moments later*

Will: Aw Man! YOU BLEW UP THE FRIDGE!

Guest Major Tom

And in response:

Mighty Huntress: Hey! I'm just as mature as any of you! Well... as mature as Rocket Ranger, at least.

I'm finding the idea of an underage, cat-girl librarian difficult to swallow, even

if it's a pulp campaign character.

BTW, bunneh, did you get the email that I sent with the pic?

Major Tom :cool:

Guest Major Tom

A quote so nice he had to say it twice? ;)

Either that, or the dreaded hordes of the Double-Post Dimension are attempting

yet another invasion...

Major Tom :eg:

Either that, or the dreaded hordes of the Double-Post Dimension are attempting

yet another invasion...

Perhaps, although "Anyways" is capitalized in the second post as well as "action," being followed by a comma. Possibly an attempted edit gone awry.

Guest Major Tom

Fresh from tonight's (Sunday's) session' date=' more quotes from the [b']Chronicles of the Agency[/b] Pulps HERO campaign:

Mighty Huntress plays the part of scout in our trek through the Unterweld...

Mighty Huntress: I think I hear water up ahead. I'll go investigate!

Rocket Ranger: Scream in agony if you trigger any traps.

Mighty Huntress: Okay! Wait, what?? :nonp:

After scouting ahead, Mighty Huntress spots a group of clothed and armed reptile men moving toward some sort of snake temple. Excitedly, she runs back to tell her teammates...

Mighty Huntress: Isawabunchoflizardmenwearingclotheswiththiscobrathingthatwasbigandroundandtherereovertherebytheriver!!!

Rocket Ranger: Okay, one more time...in a language other than Spazz.

As young Huntress charges headlong into more danger...

Havoc: Did her parents sign a waiver before she joined our team?

The Heroes are surrounded by reptile men, who manage a few words of 'English...'

Lizardman Guard NPC: sssHailssss sss-Hiltersss...

Patriot (OOC): Did it just say "Heil Hilter?"

GM: Sounded like it.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Nazi Lizardmen?

Patriot (OOC): The best of both worlds! :eg:

Discussing what we might find in a Nazi-run Reptileman city...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Now we'll run into a Lizard saying he 'ssssseees nothingsss...knowssss nothingssss...'

Patriot (OOC): Sssssergeant Ssssschultz!

Rocket Ranger (OOC): And their leader will be a lizardman wearing a monocle...

Havoc (OOC): His name is Colonel Skink!

As the Heroes are led through the Reptilian city, they are witness to one lizard guard killing a lagging human slave. The team doesn't react well...

Patriot: He...he stabbed that man!

Havoc: No, he ran him through....that goes above and beyond stabbing! :mad:

Patriot is furious over the wanton murder and promptly attacks!

Patriot (OOC): I'm just going to leap over the guards like a red, white, and blue rabbit.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): A VENGEFUL red, white, and blue rabbit.

Patriot attacks the offending (and surprised) Reptilian soldier...

Patriot: Taste star-spangled justice, you cold-blooded freak!

Patriot proceeds to hit with a 4...and follows up with massive amounts of damage...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Nothing like triggering a Psych Lim to motivate the dice.

Clubber: And to paraphrase, 'I think they know we're here.'

His first foe down and out, Patriot moves to the next Reptileman warrior...

Patriot: Time to open up a good old-fashioned can of all-American whup-ass.

Havoc: So what were you using before?

Patriot: Already used up that can - gotta pop another.

Rocket Ranger: This is Patriot. He's carrying a 24-pack case under each arm! :thumbup:

Patriot nimbly evades a swarm of Reptilian attacks...

Patriot (OOC): I float like a butterfly. I sting like a bee.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): No, dude, you sting like a howitzer. :thumbup:

While flying over the battle, Rocket Ranger is narrowly missed by a KB'ed Reptilian warrior flung past him by Clubber...

Rocket Ranger: 'Duck' is not a warning I usually get in battle.

In a later battle, Patriot goes toe-to-toe with a 'boss' Reptileman after knocking out all the grunts...

Patriot (OOC): I just did a Sweep so I'm probably going to take this on the chin.

Jake French (OOC): But this is Patriot and his square jaw is chiseled from the stone of Plymouth Rock.

Patriot (OOC): Ooo...I like it. :rockon:

Player reaction to a triple-teamed 'boss' Reptilian who has just been sent into the GM-discretion zone of STUN damage...

Jake French (OOC): Ow. By the time he recovers from his coma, he'll have evolved!

(For those following the Chronicles, Jake French is the character of a new player to our group. He's sort of a super-Pulps character - tons of skills, strong right hook, and a mean shot with any gun.)

More next week! Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Patriot doesn't strike me as the sort who would carry a 24-pack of anything

into battle -- a 55-gallon drum, perhaps, but not a 24-pack.

Mr. French, on the other hand, sounds somewhat like the Clive Owen character

from Shoot 'Em Up -- a guy who's not only a killer shot, but who can kill

anyone with anything, as a goon found out in the opening minutes upon being

subjected to Death By Carrot (:jawdrop:).

Major Tom :eg:

Quotes are from an online Dark Heresy campaign. First the cast:

• Noble born Knight Assassin in full plate: the name says it all.
  • Mind Cleansed Arbitrator: who's swallowed a thesaurus.
  • War world imperial guard psyker: who speaks his mind, no matter what.
  • Gunmetal City Adept: standard adept, except a taste for guns.
  • Glavian Pilot: hot shot and hot head
  • Void born assassin: member of a fringe cult he thinks is the Eccesiachy.

The character have a few weeks before their first mission.

the Knight Assassin is bored:

In many ways the arrival of the courier is salvation less for Sir Valdis from boredom and more for the people of Hive Primus from the creation of a new and terrible urban legend.

The Pilot was attacked:

The courier had been late.When he finally did arrive there was something about him that had set Mizner's mind ill-at-ease. Perhaps it had been the way he held himself, perhaps it had been the extra bag slung across his back. Maybe it was the fact that the courier had taken the time to seek Mizner out on a public hover-bus, instead of simply meeting him at the predetermined hab block. Or maybe, just maybe, it was the fact that the instant Mizner had been given the message cylinder the courier had pulled a silenced stub gun from beneath the folds of his robes.

The acolytes meet for the first time:

Aribitrator: "Fellow servants of His most prestigious glory, it is my genuine honour to serve alongside you all in the Emperor's name. May His mercy and grace be accorded us in our imminent duties."The Void assassin's answer:Nihilus' nod is barely met with a glance from Polonius. His pupils are still dilated from the bleach he felt compelled to coat his hab with hours earlier. Somehow leaning crookedly against thin air, his brow knits as he attempts to make sense of what the arbitrator is saying through his chem-stupor. The strained expression goes slack once he decides that 'Hello, I look forward to working with you. I like the Emperor, as I'm sure you also do.' is what was meant. With a phlegmy crackle, Polonius uses his voice for the first time in weeks.

"Oh... Hello."

The Adept arrives in the middle of the ensuing "debate"

"From your appearances, I imagine most of you aren't terrible fond of books and tech lore. But that's quite alright, I'm all the brains you'll need in our work in that regard. Since you all seem quite capable of thrashing someone to death, I will simply state that I am a Metallican, and leave it at that."

And is diplomatically answered by the Pilot

"Metallican? I'd always heard they were a bunch of pistol monkeys, if you'll pardon the expression."

Meanwhile the Knight Assassin remains quiet, er, silent:

As challenge and counter-challenge flow back and forth across the room, Valdis remains silent (rather than quiet - the latter would suggest a gentle stillness, whereas there is something harsh, even jarring about properly projected silence)

After the conversation has degraded into death threats, the Void assassin diplomatically ends it:

"Should those circumstances present themselves, Lawman, I strongly urge that you pray for yourself. That's neither a threat nor a promise. That's me being helpful. Now if we're through puffing our chests out I suggest that we bury our mutual disdain, lest our mutual acquaintance mistakes us for brawling schoolgirls. You may call me Vult, or addled one, I have no strong preference."

The inquisitorial contact makes a horrifying discovery about the number 8:

"Eight is a number that can be associated with some of His hated foes." He ticks them off on his fingers."Lets see now, some militant cult of the Hated Enemy, most supporters of the Xeno-breed Tau, there's been reports that Abdominal Intelligences use it, it's often seen in the iconography of the Hated Enemy, some mutant groups use it, eldar pirates, and several known witches. oh, and hole host of daemons to." He stares at his eight lifted fingers in fright for a moment, then shakes it off with a laugh. "Xenos, Mutants, Witches, Daemons, Heretics, and Techno-heretics. The usual suspects, then. Doesn't narrow it down much, does it? But, for now at least, I think its safe to exclude the possibility of Orks from your research."

The acolytes meet the captain of the ship they'll be using

Arbitrator: "I am Nihilus Thrax, and this is my entourage. Rest assured, it is an honour and pleasure to make your acquaintance. Furthermore, I've every confidence in your ability to deliver us to our destination safely and on schedule."

Void assassin: "Polonius Vult, apparently I'm his entourage."

Knight assassin: "Sir Valdis Kaddesh, of the Order of the Blessed Tear. How might my associates and I - above themselves though some of them are - best remove ourselve from your concerns for the duration of this journey good captain?"

Psyker: "Above themselves? Entourage? Of course Masters!" he whines in an obsequious tone "We shall go and prepare the quarters for our Masters without delay!" he grabs the Void Assassin and leaves."....and thereby secure a better billet for ourselves mate. We'll see to it."

The two leaving the room meet a special character:

A ratling meets you at the door, he's clearly been listening in, as he is struggling to keep his face straight. "I'm to lead you to your rooms, sirs." he gasps between the giggles."The room arrangement has been pre-determined, but I'll fill you in on the best beds, sirs." He leads you through the rusty corridors, up through the ship heading for the top most level. He stops, suddenly and indicates a door. "You, master Xanthis, will sleep here with the shiny-dressed one. The left bunk has two mattresses and it's a bit bigger, sir. Master Polonius, you're across the hall with the black-armored one who talks a lot. I'd take the top bunk, sir, there's a mean sort of smell to the bottom one." He bows, then leaves to fetch the others.

I'm finding the idea of an underage, cat-girl librarian difficult to swallow, even

if it's a pulp campaign character.

BTW, bunneh, did you get the email that I sent with the pic?

She's not underage, she just acts rather immature when she gets excited... which is most of the time. ;)

Yes, I got the email. Haven't had a chance to respond yet.

From our (forgive us!) D&D game:

It has been the habit, derived no doubt from campaigns more rife with guns, to refer to wands that have been Metamagic Maximized as being "cocked". You know, like people do with shotguns to make a point.

Mir OOC: I pull out my cocked wand.

Nimbus OOC [clutches head]: Too ... many ... jokes... *

* It's helpful to used a choked expression and a Shatner-style delivery.

The gnome speaks! (From Dark Days in Korvosa)

Quisario, defending his rejected requisitions: The small Wizard states matter of factly, "Seeing the future is impossible. I am nearly mortal after all. However, I am an intuitist and futurist. This means I can determine courses of action several stages in advance. From what you've told us about the mission I can extrapolate what we will need. The whys and wherefores are always undetermined until the moment they occur. Thus I can let you know after the fact. If you cannot provide them then I can't guarantee my teams success."

This is probably the most straight and sane response Quisario has given, yet what said goes beyond any of his crazed ramblings.

Immediately after Elaina speaks something inside Quisario switches on (or off) and he blinks three times in rapid succession starting the request of quickly and tappering off the more desperate he gets, "Good point Squire. By my count I'll need four full plates to cover me on all angles and four people to carry them around. With the limited resources, maybe a fine mithril chainshirt? .. Or wands of stone and bark skin? .. Maybe restoration and healing potions? .. Or a mouse for Quisario Junior to snack on? .. A hug?"

Well... Elaina gave him a pat on the head. That counts for something, right?

Don't feel bad man. I don't think he's actually called HIMSELF by any other name.

And even if he had, his name started off as Tristan, then was Joshua, then JJ...

Well, that would just be weird. Talk about myself in the third person and all? I had a concept all worked up and when my concept suddenly changed to a skinny black kid, Tristan just didn't seem to work. I mean, talk about getting your ass kicked every day. Then I went to Josh, but there are like three of them at the table already!

Ah' date=' sorry... in total, after recovery... and only by the permission of the GM, I think, as he was at like... -41 stun or something at some point.[/quote']

It was -47. By extrapolating from the Time Chart, I would have recovered to 1 Stun after a mere 52 minutes and 44 seconds. The GM was nice enough to exercise his option and allow me to recover during each of my turns after sitting out four full previous turns. At the end of segment 12, I will have a total of 1 Stun and will then take my Post 12, bringing me to a grand total of 5 Stun. Which should be plenty to wade back into battle against the local brick.

I've a bit of a backlog, so bear with me:

AJ: "Do my teeth feel funny?"

AJ: "I grab his black ass."

JJ: "I abort to slide, unconscious, into the hole."

GM: "Electricity shoots up out of his pants. It didn't hurt, but it kind of tickles."

Cheerleader-Chick-we-are-drawing-lots-on-who-gets-to-kill-first (ooc): "I rolled [dice] like a girl."

Josh: "You shit OUR PANTS!"

Unknown: "We're stick buddies."

Unknown: "Touch my suck!"

JJ: "I will suck my Fu!"

It's only about an hour's drive' date=' more or less (depending on what part of Denver you're in). ;)[/quote']

I-70 and Kipling,

But seriously i have a really good wife and a good group of gamers.

I'll just have to vicariously enjoy it here.

Guest Major Tom

Don't . . . even . . . want . . . to . . . know . . . :angst:

That makes two of us...

Major Tom :nonp:

Lynette (ooc): "It's difficult to make it with your own mouth."

Monty: "I'm the little phallus in this giant stone handjob."

Josh: "You should so throw yourself at the ground...'cause you'd miss."

GM: "Maybe we should go back into combat time so you can torture my NPCs in some kind of order."

Not exactly a quote but...

In the new champs game two different characters on the team were mind controlled to attack a teammate. Each one rolled randomly on who they attacked, and hit Pariah's character Morningstar. She was knocked out by the attacks.

This was the costume she wore for the next few days replacing the Sunburst she normally wears with something else....

MStarTgt.png

For the record, Morningstar's usually smiling, too. The scowling expression is generally reserved for her teammate - Jeopardy, played by Lady Mhoram.

(I put both the regular and 'target' pics up over on the A DC Animated-style HeroMachine thread, too.)

Guest Major Tom

Not exactly a quote but...

In the new champs game two different characters on the team were mind controlled to attack a teammate. Each one rolled randomly on who they attacked, and hit Pariah's character Morningstar. She was knocked out by the attacks.

This was the costume she wore for the next few days replacing the Sunburst she normally wears with something else....

MStarTgt.png

Morningstar might as well be wearing an engraved invitation saying "Please

shoot me, Rooftop Sniper-Man".

Like the costume, though.

Major Tom :thumbup:

Lynette (ooc): "It's difficult to make it with your own mouth."

Monty: "I'm the little phallus in this giant stone handjob."

What the heck kinda campaign are you in, anyway? :eek: