Mystic Team Vehicle?

CrosshairCollie

Re: Mystic Team Vehicle?

The Avenging Angel Atlantean Attack Craft.

Take any Mystic World or Hidden Lands race, decide what their traditional means of transport is, and let your heroes get one.

Here, full repost:

AVENGING ANGEL ATLANTEAN ATTACK CRAFT

Val Char Cost Notes

9 Size 45 Length 8.00", Width 4.00", Area 32.00" Mass 51.2 ton KB -9

60 STR 5 Lift 102.4tons; 12d6

23 DEX 39 OCV 8 DCV 2

30 BODY 11

15 DEF 39

5 SPD 17 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 142

Movement: Leaping: 0"

Flight: 32" / 512"

Cost Powers END

118 Wings of The Wind Enchantment: Flight 32", x16 Noncombat, Sideways Maneuverability (+1/2) 0

48 Sunbolt Atlantean Sky-Cannons: RKA 5d6+1, 16 Charges (+0), Armor Piercing (+1/2); OIF Bulky (-1), Limited Arc Of Fire (60 degrees forward; -1/2) [16]

53 Ghost-Wind Atlantean Force Projectors: Energy Blast 16d6, 16 Charges (+0), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (120 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Limited Arc Of Fire (180 degrees; Front Mounted; -1/4) [16]

10 Rear, Port, And Starboard Sky Cannons: As Forward Cannon, with different arcs of fire 0

40 Atlantean Life Chest: LS (Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) 0

15 Mystical Wards I: Mental Defense (15 points total) 0

15 Mystical Wards II: Power Defense (15 points) 0

15 Magical Wards III: Damage Resistance (15 Mental Def./15 Power Def.) 0

30 Mystical Wards IV: Hardened (+1/4) for up to 60 Active Points of All Ship's Defenses, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points) 0

44 Mystical Wards V: Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) for up to 30 Active Points of Ship's DEF, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (44 Active Points) 0

32 Crystal Ball Sensory Array: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), +5 to PER Roll, Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Rapid (x10), Telescopic (+10 versus Range Modifier), Tracking (65 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) 0

23 Atlantean Wisdom of the Ancients Tablets: (Total: 49 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) Universal Translator 15- (24 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) (Real Cost: 12) plus Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) (Real Cost: 1) plus Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) (Real Cost: 1) plus Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) (Real Cost: 1) plus AK: Earth (Geography only) (8 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) 15- (Real Cost: 4) plus AK: Planar Lore (8 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) 15- (Real Cost: 4) Note: These Tablets are an intregal part of the ship, acting effectively as a navigational computer system. The informaion they contain may be updated by speaking to the tablets. 0

45 Atlantean Dimension Jump Engine: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Dimension, Any Location), Position Shift 0

Skills

4 +2 with Flight

15 +6 with Ranged Combat (30 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 507

Total Cost: 649

0+ Disadvantages

20 Distinctive Features: Night Hunter's Flying Atlantean Combat Vehicle (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

629 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 649

Description: This amazing vehicle represents the peak of Atlantean technology. Appearing to be a saucer made of some strange golden metal, the Avenging Angel combines speed, grace, and brutal power, proving that any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

This particular Avenging Angel was salvaged by Night Hunter after the Adventure of the Atlantean Artist.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An obelisk that is larger on the inside than it is the outside. While it has no obvious doors, one of the sides has a symbol depecting the shape of one. Those who touch it, pass through instantly into the interior. Within, there is a symbol on the floor (be it pentagram, spiral, whatever) with a cyrstal in the center. By concentrating on the crystal, the 'guide' (Pilot) may visualize a location. The others sit around the symbol, and feel an odd sensation of being not, which soon passes.

To the outside world, this obelisk has just vanished from the base, and appeared out of nowhere in the new location. Perhaps it materilizes slowly, or in a glow. Perhaps it seems to jut up from the ground as if it has bored its way to the surface (yet it leads no mark or debris).

Then the heroes step out of the Obelisk to face whatever danger awaits.

...heh. Maybe it used to have an adaptable glamour on it, to blend in to its surroundings - but now it's stuck in the form of a blue British police call booth... :D

Someting a bit old-fashioned but "modern" (i.e. technological in form, rather than outright magical) would appeal to my sensibilities, so I'd reccomend you go with something like that: already mentioned have been a dirigible or something similar. You could also go with something along the lines of the car from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (I love that car!) or perhaps something more Victorian/Jules Verne-ish: a really large, enclosed ornithopter or a really Baroque submarine a la the Nautilus -- though make it travel through the ground as if the ground were water! Dive deep enough and you end up in the Underworld! :D

I also like the suggestion of a flying galleon, but then again I was always a big fan of D&D's Spelljammer setting. :o

:cool:

Okay, color me zinged

Didn't mean to; I thought it was an intentional homage - that I only picked up on because I was already thinking along those lines. Teleporting, dimensionally trancendental "bases combined with a vehicle" is a neat idea.

Still, I personally would go for a modern vehicle fully loaded with mystic options, like autopilot animation, unusual movement forms and/or speeds, shapeshifting/disguise (anyone remember the Chan Clan's car/truck/van/boat?), extradimensionally roomy interior, defenses against detection and tracking, and anything else you'd want in *your* car if you were a mage. Hmm. Like the ability to move sideways when parallel parking... little retractable legs maybe? Or the ability to "fold" down to wallet size. George Jetson eat your heart out. I don't think most mages want to draw attention to themselves with dirigibles and such - but that's just me.

Magic bedknob. Team piles onto the bed, one person tells the bed where to take them, turns the knob a quarter turn to the right, taps it three times and presto, bed pops them to their destination.

(From Bedknobs and Broomsticks)

Could also use a similar thing as the stick-shift for an otherwise normal car, etc.

Or just a ritual where any of the heros lights up a cigarette' date=' and then a bus arrives. ( so you have to put it out... )[/quote']

Yup. The Nightlife game had a spell called Taxi. Hold out your thumb and a ghostly Taxi would show up, and take you off to your destination. Always liked giving weird descriptions of the interdimensional route it followed to my players.

I don't think most mages want to draw attention to themselves with dirigibles and such - but that's just me.

[silly]Yeah, but they will if they wear capes. 'Cause capes are for people who want attention. Otherwise, they either wouldn't wear them or would wear cloaks with the hoods up. But capes, those are attention grabbers. That and airplane engines like them. :D [/silly]

Magic bedknob. Team piles onto the bed, one person tells the bed where to take them, turns the knob a quarter turn to the right, taps it three times and presto, bed pops them to their destination.

"No, really. Just hop on the bed with me, Sapphire, and I'll take you places you've never been. What?"

-Withcraft

Or just a ritual where any of the heros lights up a cigarette' date=' and then a bus arrives. ( so you have to put it out... )[/quote']

Heh. I had a ritual for summoning trams in Melbourne that worked like that. If nobody else was around I would add an incantation. :)

It was surprisingly effective.