A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

Ultimate Combat Systems: The Deadly Satwa Gs.

This one is rife with in-jokes, so I'm not sure how well it will translate. I think it's hilarious.

Very brief starter explanations.

Satwa - old Emirati area of Dubai. Jumeirah - another old Emirati of Dubai; also popular among expats. There is a big rivalry among young Emirati men from Satwa and Jumeirah.

Beach Centre - small mall between Satwa and Jumeirah. Notorious fight spot.

The aghal - part of the traditional Arab headgear, originally a camel hobble kept on the head (where else would you keep it?). Also used by Emirati men for beating their sons in lieu of a belt. And actually used in fights.

Peter Frampton covers "Black Hole Sun":

Being a teen idol was the worst thing that could ever have happened to Peter Frampton. Only now, nearly forty years later, is he getting props for his musicianship. He always had it, but he got caught up in the marketing and became a product.

The nadir was Robert Stigwood's ill-conceived attempt to film Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as a Hollywood musical. Frampton starred in it, it was a legendary creative and box-office disaster, and his career never recovered. The film is a great argument for keeping movie sets cocaine-free zones....

I seriously don't know where you're getting these ideas. Frampton has been a legend as a musician for decades.

I think musicians may have been aware of it, but the masses had a different impression.

I agree, I was there. But at least in our area there was a perception of pop star instead of talented musician. Physical resemblance to Leif Garrett didn't help. I recall at least two occasions I pointed out to someone that Leif Garrett wasn't in Frampton's band and that wasn't him on the album cover.

tumblr_lq7337eFsP1qevzu5o1_500.jpg