A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Thoughts on that new Crash Course on "Entrepenuership", since I dn't know what to make of it still.

About midway through, there is discussion on "The Gig Economy", describing it as something it might not be without questioning whether things like ride-sharing services are actually even a good idea for those who actually provide the service.

On the positive side, though, the presenter is really good.

Edited by Michael Hopcroft
I didn't want to make you sit through the whole thing again, awesome as parts of it is.

16 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Is this really how Mongols today view Genghis Khan? This is the third or fourth Hu video I've seen that describes him in such terms, and here he's portrayed as almost a demigod or a messiah.

In a single lifetime Genghis Khan led the Mongols from being scattered, warring tribes of barbaric horse nomads, to masters of the second-largest empire the world has ever seen. The sheer magnitude of that accomplishment is unmatched in history, and can seem almost supernatural. This was also the zenith of Mongolian history. They never again came close to such heights, although descendants of Genghis Khan ruled various fragments of the empire for a few centuries, and his name and legacy were invoked by his self-proclaimed "successors" including Timur and Babur. So it's understandable for modern Mongols to attach great national pride to Genghis Khan.

9 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Is this really how Mongols today view Genghis Khan? This is the third or fourth Hu video I've seen that describes him in such terms, and here he's portrayed as almost a demigod or a messiah.

There was a romanticized version of the Roman Empire which persisted in Western Culture for a very long time, even somewhat to this day.  Under Genghis, the Mongols conquered most of Asia and large portions of Europe.  OTOH this could just be akin to Scandinavian metal bands glorifying the Viking hordes.    

6 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Is it too late to nominate this for the "most annoying song" thread?

(asking for all of humanity a friend)

I like that song.  A lot.  Sure, the fight choreography could be better, but I think it was bad on purpose.

You have annoyed me, Sir Duke.  Just for that--I'm going to scowl at you.

spacer.png

Don't you dare look away, DadGammit.