Order of the Stick

Rapier

Tarquin has lost control of events, made enemies left, right, and centre, and generally disintegrated before our eyes. No, I don't think that there's going to be a TPK. I'm going to speculate that, over the next twenty-four hours, the Empire of Blood is going to go the way of Azure City, but from the "shallow end of the alignment pool." I just can't quite visualise the events that will put the denouement off long enough for Vaarsuvius, Sabine and Durkon's spell list to come back into play. But I'm sure that it will happen.

So, since I've said it, I'm going to turn out to be wrong.

"The safety of the world is meaningless if everyone is going to run around doing whatever they feel like, without regard for proper story structure. There must be some sense of order - personal, political, or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will."

That has to be one of the best Lawful Evil quotes I've come across.

I have no idea what is really going through Rich's head, but I have to think he is culling characters at this point to bring the initial story line back on track. I like the way the evil characters have turned on each other, although it does steal some thunder from the heroes.

BTW, how is it that Durkon is not evil, being a vampire and all? Does he get a day or three before completely converting or is he plotting something and just throwing his die in with the OoTS for the time being?

I have no idea what is really going through Rich's head, but I have to think he is culling characters at this point to bring the initial story line back on track. I like the way the evil characters have turned on each other, although it does steal some thunder from the heroes.

BTW, how is it that Durkon is not evil, being a vampire and all? Does he get a day or three before completely converting or is he plotting something and just throwing his die in with the OoTS for the time being?

Durkon is, by his own words, no more evil than Belkar. Make of that what you will...

I have no idea what is really going through Rich's head' date=' but I have to think he is culling characters at this point to bring the initial story line back on track. I like the way the evil characters have turned on each other, although it does steal some thunder from the heroes.[/quote']

That Durkon would return home "Posthumously" has been in the room for long.

The same that Belkar will soon Draw his "Last Breath Ever".

The only thing that really got established is that Tarquin thinks he is the Main Villain of this Story. The poor deluded fool.

This s a mook army and it is likely that Tarquin and the Psion retreat. And the timer on V's stay below is running out. V who still has a ton of AoE spells like Fireball.

BTW' date=' how is it that Durkon is not evil, being a vampire and all? Does he get a day or three before completely converting or is he plotting something and just throwing his die in with the OoTS for the time being?[/quote']

Evil does not mean associal. It does not mean "Chornic Backstabbing disorder".

I would think he is still interested in saving the world and returning home. I think he is still regarding the OOTS as his Family and Friends.

Right now LE Durokon his isn't doing anything LG Durkon would not have done. The good Durkon might be more reluctant to use Vampire Dominance that much, but he might see it as a tactical nessesity and do it anyway.

But that is mostly because he had no time or room to do anything evil (aside from throwing the Drow Mage). Give him some time, I am sure we see the "Evil" part of his allignment soon.

Y'know, I think Sabine would gladly forgo her holiday bonus for the contents of Lee's Inbox.

And I think I'd like nothing better than for Nale to take out Tarquin instead of Elan. It would show Tarquin where he is in the OoTS' Villain Heirarchy.

There is a blond guy in the pile, just below the soldiers. What are the chance that this is Nale?

Y'know, I think Sabine would gladly forgo her holiday bonus for the contents of Lee's Inbox.

And I think I'd like nothing better than for Nale to take out Tarquin instead of Elan. It would show Tarquin where he is in the OoTS' Villain Heirarchy.

There is a blond guy in the pile, just below the soldiers. What are the chance that this is Nale?

I dunno. That was the LE inbox. I thought Nale was CE.

Nale identified himself as Lawful Evil when he had nothing to gain by saying so, that is, no reason to lie. I have not read all the books but in what I have read, including the entire web series, I do not recall anything he ever said or did that would be inconsistent with a Lawful Evil alignment, unless one takes his rebellion against his father's authority as evidence of non-Lawfulness.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary adds that Durkon is no more evil than Belkar and probably much wiser and even less interested in watching the whole world burn

Nale identified himself as Lawful Evil when he had nothing to gain by saying so' date=' that is, no reason to lie./QUOTE']

He had one thing to gain: Prooving the be the perfect opposite of Elan.

That he is the "opposite" of his borther in build, allignment and group position is a big thing for him.

Also, keep in mind that Roy kept his Lawfull good allignment despite him running around with evil Characters and openly lying. We never saw much of his interactions (being only background villains). Nale did try to sleep with Hayley despite being in a rather serious relationship with Sabine and it is generally hard to figure out where the evil ends and the lawfull starts for any LE character.