WWYCD: Hi! We're your Sidekicks!

wrestlinggeek

Your team is approached by a group of teenagers who are dressed as younger versions of yourselves. They claim to be your sidekicks, and have abilities similar to your own, but at reduced levels. No one else has ever heard of them, either, but the press and authorities take it for granted that these are, in fact, your teenage sidekicks. How do you deal with this development?

Re: WWYCD: Hi! We're your Sidekicks!

Style- "Who was your master?" "What styles of magic did you study?" Style takes a quick look at the kid's aura, and checks to see if there are any temporal anomalys. Based on what he finds, he tries to do what he can for the teen. He does not want and will not take an apprentice. If this turns out to be some new plot by DEMON or another group or mastermind, he'll take appropriate action.

Flesh Gordon- "I have a sidekick? Groovy!" "Um, I'm not your dad, right?"

Anthem - "I'm a little young to have a sidekick" she'd point out. Plus if they have only "some" of her power then they're in big trouble; She already scrapes the low end of my campaign.

Uncle Slam - "So you want to what? Learn administrative duties?" He'd then bore the kid to death with all the paperwork and meetings he does each day. But if the kid actually has powers, he'd refer him to someone who could train him (He has a few friends who were heroes who do such things).

Soulbarb: Already has a pair of 'sidekicks', though they have not appeared in play yet and she doesn't know about them. Actually her progeny, they haven't hatched yet.

Sylph: "I've only been at this for less than a day. How can I have sidekicks already?"

Terminal Velocity is a 19 year old starting speedster, so I'm exempting him from this one.

Meeb would look at the smaller amoebodials and ask them when they landed on planet, and which clan they belonged to. Or wonder if in his messed up memory he had mitosised and not realized it.

Angelfire would immediatly ask them what instrument they played. She is a Rock Star that gets pulled, semi-unwillingly, into superhero-dom. She would figure they are over enthusiatic fans. If thier powers were similar to hers, she would take them to meet the heir apparent to the Archmage (who found her when she left her lifelong imprisonment and came out to into the world) - her powers are a mix of Demoic and Angelic heritage, and if they have that, she would be really worried, and wonder if the evil brothers that created her were up to thier old tricks, if someone else did it, or if they are in actuallity supernatural.

Ballistic would go all Mr Incredible on them. No Sidekicks. He had a superagency and it was completely destroyed in an invasion of the Earth. He hasn't recovered yet (his fiance died at the same time) - he has issues about people relying on him for protection right now.

Blackcat sort of had that happen to her. When she was on trial for murder, after she was depowered, she gained a public ID. Later after she was pardoned, there were a bunch of full bodysuit martial artists calling themselves the White Tigers going around and stopping streetcrime. When she finally got into meet them, the leader was her senior student (the one she left the dojo to when she went to prison), who was inspired by her example went all street level superhero. She gave them advice, helped with some contacts, and let them do thier thing.

Your team is approached by a group of teenagers who are dressed as younger versions of yourselves. They claim to be your sidekicks' date=' and have abilities similar to your own, but at reduced levels. No one else has ever heard of them, either, but the press and authorities take it for granted that these are, in fact, your teenage sidekicks. How do you deal with this development?[/quote']

Refer them to Blitz. :-) We're all his sidekicks after all.

Okay, on a serious note:

-Pyre-Archer would be very leery of the idea. He's got a full life already, between superheroing, his regular job, and a DNPC who'd no doubt wonder why a kid was following him around. Probably recommend said teen go somewhere where he/she could get better training, say Ravenswood or PS238, if such existed. No way he'd be able to train a newcomer to the game.

Dinosaur may very well have progeny somewhere in the Uberverse before he mutated... who knows wether or not they share the same type of mutation? He'll be sizing them up as potential threats before he directs them to Angelus or someplace apropriate. Gators don't look after their kids after they're past 3-6 months, y'know.

Jake the Troll actually (had) a minor following back in Vancouver, BC, before he went to school at the Angelus acadamy - they were the local chapter of the Fantasy Writer's Club. He called them his "Mercedes Lackeys". Mainly they were a group of middle-aged housewives who thought that a real-life troll living next door was the greatest thing since slashfic. His parents weren't particularly amused, but they allowed him to go to fantasy conventions with them, and such. Also, he's had a blog for a couple of years(underthebridge.org), so it's entirely possible that someone could have read up on him and decided that he was a good 'hero' to emulate.

Anyway...this implies that the individual in question is probably 10-12 years old, as Jake is 16. As he isn't really a hero yet, he'd simply point them to his instructors, and have them take it from there.

Shinji Miromoto, on the other hand, would probably take them in. If they have Dark Energy powers, he would NOT want them going down the same road he did, which consists of hiring yourself out to japanese supervillians in return for training. He'd also consider it kharmic payback for all the things he did while a Loyal Lieutentant for his various Dark Masters. (Which mostly consisted of being an administrative assistant, actually.)

Void: "You're my what? Look, kid, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you do realize that hanging around me is an even better way to get killed than being a mutant? Why don't you talk to your parents and see if they can get you in at Colton's Special Studies unit, they're set up to handle you a lot better. Besides, they don't have random sniper incidents."

Darkchild: "Uhm... what branch of the family do you come from again? Please tell me you're a half-sibling or my daughter from the future or something, and if you are please tell me Heat Wave's your father and not Cousin Mike, because I really don't want to have to deal with the decadent, inbred end of my family tree anymore...."

Huntress: "How did you build that?" And, following it, either enthusiastically take on a sidekick/apprentice... or suffer a paranoid break and have to be restrained to keep her from hurting the 'thief.'

Sparky: "Finally! Somebody else I can talk with!" He and the pup would become best friends and probably be 'jabbering' back and forth constantly as he trains him.

Steel Claw: Would take the kid under his wing, especially if s/he can cover their end of the bills. If he has to take him/her in... then things get more complicated; he's having a hard enough time supporting himself and his armor as it is! But, that issue aside, he's actually glad that he's finally managing his goal, even if in a round-about way. He wants to show that there's another side of the crime-vs-good-people fight that can win - inspiring another superhero is progress.

Terminal Velocity is a 19 year old starting speedster' date=' so I'm exempting him from this one. [/quote']

...nice try Mhoram...

NOT FAIR, MAN !

:(

I'm Velocity Girl, I am your biggest fan ! I invented gadgets that give me powers that will let me help you ! :love: I'm 14 and you need an extra pair of eyes to help you watch your back!

=========================================================

I also call foul on the robot PC Warwolf that skipped a sidekick:

I spawned from your root-kit. I will assist you in the role of War-Terrier

My analysis indicates that your succes rate will blossom with my assistance.

Even though I possess less resources than you, I will allocate them to crime-fighting

:)

White Knite would become quite intrigued with a space-capable youngster.

Could be quite valuable to mentor an assistant.

But the VPP is unique, so the kids gonna need some powers.

Cosmo-Knite would definitely over-react. His schtick is too personal, he's got too much of himself invested to take any reduction in limelight.

Mask of Justice: Presumably this is a member of the Junior Justice Club who's decided to take it up a notch. As a Golden Age character, sidekicks are in genre for the Mask, so he'll do his best to train the young fellow. (Powers are unlikely though.)

Kira Midori: Will refer the young psychic to a suitable training group for young heroes. She'll also recommend the kid stay in school to get a full education if they want to become a police officer.

Talion: This cannot be good. Talion is already a human target, he doesn't need some fool kid getting himself hurt constantly. He'll ask CPS to pick up the sidekick and take him home.

Goblyn: "Kid... I AM a sidkick. Are you telling me you want to be the sidekick of a sidekick? How low is your self esteem? How old are you? Ten!?! Oh, please don't cry... Don't... Oh, great. As if I could feel any worse..."

Goblyn would also wonder as to how this kid has his power. He would immediately sic Revenant on the event, as obviously someone is cloning Metahumans; more than likely for sinister purposes. Don't blame Goblyn... Blame Revenant for making him paranoid.

Ghost Archer: Ghost Fletcher! How have you been. Aren't you getting a little long in the tooth to be trying to pass yourself off as a teen?

Ghost Fletcher

Player: AJ

Val Char Cost

10 STR 0

20 DEX 30

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

20 INT 10

10 EGO 0

10 PRE 0

14 COM 2

15 PD 13

14 ED 12

5 SPD 20

10 REC 12

30 END 5

20 STUN 0

9" RUN 6

3" SWIM 1

10" LEAP 8

Characteristics Cost: 119

Cost Power

25 Bow and Arrows: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots OAF (-1)

2u 1) Shock Arrow: Energy Blast 10d6; 8 Charges (-1/2)

2u 2) Gas Arrow: Energy Blast 5d6, No Normal Defense (Self-contained breathing or gas mask; +1); 12 Charges (-1/4)

2u 3) Bolo Arrow: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF; 8 Charges (-1/2)

25 Lucky as Hell: Luck 5d6

11 Sword, Broad: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), STR Minimum (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)

10 Bow Block: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack); OAF (-1)

8 Tough: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED)

Powers Cost: 85

Cost Skill

0 Acting 8-

0 AK: Bay Area 8-

3 Breakfall 13-

1 CK: San Francisco 8-

0 Climbing 8-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

1 KS: Ghost Archer 8-

1 KS: The Wild Hunt 8-

0 Language: English (Idiomatic)

1 Language: Sindarin (basic conversation)

0 Paramedics 8-

0 Persuasion 8-

1 PS: Bowyer 8-

1 PS: Fletcher 8-

0 PS: Superhero Sidekick 11-

0 Shadowing 8-

0 Stealth 8-

2 Survival (Mountain, Temperate/Subtropical Forests) 8-

0 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

24 +8 with Bow and Arrows

Skills Cost: 35

Cost Perk

11 Contact: Ghost Archer (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) 14-

2 Base

Perks Cost: 13

Total Character Cost: 252

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

15 Enraged: If Ghost Archer is attacked (Very Common), go 8-, recover 14-

10 Enraged: If Ghost Archer is ridiculed (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

20 Hunted: Genocide 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Rainbow Archer 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Psychological Limitation: Hunts Rainbow Archer (Uncommon, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Will take a blow for Ghost Archer (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Worships Ghost Archer (Uncommon, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Armor-piercing attacks (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 2

Total Experience Available: 2

Experience Unspent: 0

HISTORY:

Eric met Ghost Archer through an incident involving Genocide. The mutant hunters had sent a team to pick up the newly emergent mutant and found instead a very hostile Ghost Archer. No five agents have ever been more then a minor bit of excercise for the bowman but the display of firepower put out by the five Genocide agents was impressive as hell to the young teen. Archer shrugged every bit of it off then easily defeated the entire team. Eric was overwhelmed. Ghost Archer had come to save him!

PERSONALITY AND MOTIVATION:

Hero worship, plain and simple. He's a good kid with a good heart but overly enthralled with Archer and his exploits.

QUOTE:

"We gonna pound 'em now, Ghost Archer?"

POWERS AND TACTICS:

Eric is a low level mutant with a remarkable leaping ability and a decent toughness of skin. He is still young and may not be finished growing into his full power.

APPEARANCE:

Eric is an attractive looking teen with sandy blonde hair, which he wears long with braids at the temples, and hazel eyes. He prefers to wear black and when he gets a bit older he will probably be able to pull it off but for not he just looks like so amny other 'Goth' wannabes. At one point he begged Archer to give him the elvish ears but was turned down. Tsar eagerly granted Eric's wish just to irratate the bowman.

As you can see, I have already had one of those.

The Specter: (Will post when more data is available. Which Specter is this kid trying to emulate?)

Whisper: "You have all of my powers, albeit to a lesser degree, and you want to be a superhero? Mistress Bethany, can I please eat this one and put it out of all of our miseries?"

Badger- Dang, I didnt know theyt were other alien half-breeds on planet, at least not from the same alien race. Say you dont happen to be my half-brother(or half-sister) or something are you? (To his knowledge Badger's own father was the only one of their race ever on Earth, FYI) If it was a younger half-sibling, he would be very protective of them. Especially a sister, as a lot of the reason he has taken his path in life was due to the massacre of his human mother and his sister. If they are no relation, he would want to get rid of them, most likely. He might take them on as a pupil. But, they would have to take training seriously. If they are your typical teenage hero wannabe. They wont last.

Frosty Bob- (might wanna see Flesh Gordon by Oddhat)- Hmm, well I guess as many women as I have had, chances would be likely I might have had a few b****** children. "So who was your mother?"

He then would teach Junior the fine art of guns and alcohol (never mind the kid is probably under 21:doi: ) Note: I never said Bob was particularly heroic. ;)

Tien Lung: Will teach his "sidekick" to meditate and discover his own individual buddha nature. Once he realises the folly of imitating another, he will leave of his own accord.

Hellfire: Will ask her wanna-be what her parents think about this idea. She'll pretty much only consider the offer if the imitator is an orphan.

Fatale: Will ruthlessly dress Spiderboy in bright colours and use him as a decoy. Fatale isn't nice.

Poet: Will ignore his imitator.

Wizard: Will offer the kid an internship at Oz Incorporated, obeying all relevant child labour laws, keeping him out of the field and in the lab developing new technologies. But he will let him remotely operate Tin Man on occasion.

Quantum (Flying Energy Projector/Team Leader) - After using his detection

"Umm...where are your parents? We need to talk." He would then

start trying to figure out how to get the kid into the group to

train and keep out of trouble (AP engery blast and puberty are not

a good combo).

Spectre (Half dead loner) - "No" turn desolid and fly through the roof. He

would then keep an eye on the kid to make sure he/she is not

abusing his/her abilities and contact Quantum about the kid.

Stone (Big Brick) - "I finally have someone here to wrestle with! Great. Now

go get me a beer."

Your team is approached by a group of teenagers who are dressed as younger versions of yourselves. They claim to be your sidekicks' date=' and have abilities similar to your own, but at reduced levels. No one else has ever heard of them, either, but the press and authorities take it for granted that these are, in fact, your teenage sidekicks. How do you deal with this development?[/quote']

Reinard has no desire for a sidekick. He'll make it clear to the teenager that he (the teenager) should get back to school and forget about the superhero shennanigans for now. "Study now. If you get the right grades, I'll send a reccommendation to the local police academy, and you can be a hero once you graduate from there. But at this point, you had best just go back to your classes and not run the risk of getting killed." This is also assumming that he's dealing with a human kid with cartoon-esque powers as opposed to a cartoon teenager. He'll also rely on his teammates to help him clear this up with the press.

Lab Rat is a teenager, so his wannabe sidekick will likely be in middle school or elementary school. If this is the case, Lab Rat will arrange to educate the child prodigy in the ways of technology on the weekends, but will advise that the kid stay in school.

Kitsune will probably take the kit in teach him/her the ways of a kitsune, but will assert herself as alpha and try to keep the kit out of trouble.

Sonic Eagle would be glad to have a sidekick, but he knows that a kid not in school is a kid not learning. He'll accept the teenager's help on a part-time basis, only calling him out on emergencies during an emergency. And that's assuming the teen has parental permission to be a hero. If not, then the deal is "No. You've got an education to worry about."