Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

First up, more pics for the cyberpunk world, where violent "Condemned" take out their frustrations on the surreal and subversive "Brady Bunch' gang.

GangwarloRes.jpg

And I think this gentleman's codename is Libra... at least that was the symbol that was sent to me...

LibraloRes.jpg

I work in photoshop.I color the scanned inks of the character. Usually on 3 layers' date=' base/main layer (which I leave pristine in case I make a mistake). A duplicate layer of the inks set to "multiply", a highlight layer set to normal.I then finish coloring the duplicate layer.This one was tricky. See if I can remember how I did it.I created a layer between duplicate and base. I drew two circles around the hands using the circle template tool. I filled them in with the blue/green. But since the layer above was set to multiply, the blue "bleeds" through. I then went to the duplicate layer, selected all the white. Inversed it (so now I have the figure selected). Went to the circle layer and deleted the figure's shapes from the circles.Then I reselected the circles with the wand, made my selection smaller by 15 pixels twice (you can do it up to a max of 15 at a time). Deleted the remainder...so I have thin blue lines now. Then I did a whole bunch of lines using hte line segment tool in the same blue green. Collapsed all the lines (each line creates its own layer)Selected circle and lines, created another layer below circle layer. Expanded the selection, feathered the selection, put down Soft Light fill of a lighter blue/green.Went back to the orignal circle/line layer, reselected it again. Put a layer on top this time, shrunk the selection down slightly and put down a Hard Light fill of a very, very light fill.I think I messed with the opacity of the Hard Light fill (it was a bit too bright) and expanded the original circle/line layer a bit to encapsulate the thin white line.Flatten the whole damn image, save it. Send it to death tribble.hey... you asked. [/quote']"Doctor! My brain hurts!""Well, what do you want me to do about it?""Fix it!!"

PerkBIIloRes.jpg

It's all Steven Cranworth's fault. Fed up with the attitude of the school's uberbitch, Alice Chanters, he designed a beam to make her the reverse of what she was. And niftily it could be housed inside a pen. Pure genius ! But lousy execution, for when he fired it at her in the school cafeteria she moved slightly and opened her compact. The beam thus bounced and hit Helen Jones.

Poor Helen. Nothing seemed to be going right for her (grades and boys to name but two) and she was in a depressive spiral. Worse she was out of the cheerleader team with a recurrent injury. And although she smiled on the inside she felt awful and was seriously contemplating suicide.

Suddenly she felt invigorated, renewed, happy and..........EVIL.

She could do evil things ! Except killing people. That wasn't.... EVIL enough !

And so to the horror of her family, classmates and friends Helen turned Evil.

Steven not being stupid knows what he has done but is keeping his mouth shut. No one knows yet.

Helen is a brick with no resistant defenses. And once I have a proper villain name I'll post it.

Poor Helen. Nothing seemed to be going right for her (grades and boys to name but two) and she was in a depressive spiral. Worse she was out of the cheerleader team with a recurrent injury. And although she smiled on the inside she felt awful and was seriously contemplating suicide.

Suddenly she felt invigorated, renewed, happy and..........EVIL.

She could do evil things ! Except killing people. That wasn't.... EVIL enough !

And so to the horror of her family, classmates and friends Helen turned Evil.

Ooh! Ooh! Helen! Over here! Me too! I'm evil!

VERY evil! :sneaky:

Ooh! Ooh! Helen! Over here! Me too! I'm evil!

VERY evil! :sneaky:

She might take you up on the offer.

I wanted something different from the norm ie bricks with resistant defence but with an origin that would explain why they turned out the way they did.

The beam makes it opposite to some of what she was but could not make a radical alteration like woman to man. So instead of wanting to kill herself she won't kill anyone. And instead of being down she's perky. But instead of being good or even normal she's EVIL !

And before someone says the opposite of being a cheerleader is, say a slob, the beam activated that spark which makes people superhuman. So there !

Hello! This is my first post and I wanted to put it in the very best thread on the boards, so naturall I put it here. Mighty Storn, wielder of the mystic paintbrush Kirbee, I salute you! I also beg you to post more art! Pleeeeeesssse.

Thank you if you do and if you do not, well I'll just howl at the moon some more.

(P.S Enforcer84, if you are reading this could you please visit my Lockdown:Further Questions thread. Thanks)

Oh relax oh mighty eyed hairball. I'm sure the young'in didn't know you claimed to be a brit, either that or there was a vote passed and you're no longer allowed to be called European.

I say welcome the Token Briton, and let him bask in the glory that is the fire-eyed snuggletoy Death Tribble.

And as for tempting Storn, Storn's been real busy lately. Let's not get greedy and demand too much from him. He might just stop gracing us with copies of his work.

To Death Tribble - Sorry!

Mighty and Fuzzy master of the Tribble of Death -

Mercy! I did not notice you were a fellow Stalwart Briton(Wave Union Jack and Cheers).

Sorry if I offended Storn but I am an addict of his art. Makes Hashish look like Granola.

(And Token Briton was just a joke. To my abiding sorrow most of the Comic book heros tend to be Yanks(no offense to our American Cousins) and thus their greatest following is found there. Mind you we still get 2000ad so no problem there. Now if I could just find a handy time machine and go back and make Batman a Briton . . .)

(Oh wait . . . he already is! Thank you Christian Bale!)

for the record: I'm not offended.

and I'm thrilled you like the work.

Speaking of which, the Hidden Lands cover is kicking my buttocks up and down the studio... I went a bit overboard with the detail, and it is making the coloring of which extremely time consuming.

A write up of how I plan to use the character.

One moment she was travelling through the sky heading to the domain of the Lord of the Mummies, the next she was in a strange valley of glass and stone buildings with oddly garbed people. The one who had summoned her directed her against a strange sorcerer who could fire magic from his eyes. After putting paid to the sorcerer who was more resistant than she expected, she took off as the sorcerer's allies were approaching.

This new dimension was odd. There seemed to be no way back to her home and to her work. Why she puzzled over this she also had to adjust to the oddities around her. The odd costumes of the common poplace and their peculiar conveyances which seemed magical.

It was when she was asked for her autograph that she had the real shock. There she was on the cover of what the male child called a comic. She read it and others which detailed her life. It was accurate but she was no comic book creation. The daughter of a noble knight and a succubus she had been the first such liaison that had borne fruit. True, others had come after but she was the original. Schooled by her mother, she was less seductive but more martial than her mare. She also thirsted for something that seemed ephemeral to her. The politics of the demons chafed her no end though. It was not for her. Finally she broke free of her servitude through matricide. Other demons seemed to expect it but the lords were attentive that when she had slain her mother it had been once and for all. She worked with daemons and then with devils. They had the trait she desired. Order. But the way they applied it did not hold her loyalty. It was when she found her way into the lands of men that she found her calling, her vocation. Instead of corrupting subtly the evil overlords, she worked with them instead. She became the go-between for many of the most powerful of the evil humanoids: warlords and kings, necromancers and sorcerers, the Lord of all the Mummies and the Lich Lords.

And now what ?

Back to square one. Find someone evil and help them. First stop Dr Destroyer.

Fatality as she is now called is an instantly recognisable being. Red skin, huge bat wings and a pair of horns that protrude slightly through the skull.

She wields a sword in combat as a preference. She has worked with and for Dr Destroyer, Eurostar, Viper and Holocaust. Somewhat surprisingly she assisted heroes battling Takofanes. She explained her behaviour by saying 'He wants a world of death and I don't'. Fatality is also openly contemptuous of The Crowns of Krim.

Fatality is also suspected of having dealings with Telios after a creature bearing similarities to her was spotted in a battle linked to the clone master.